Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

The site: 'how many left' quotes over two thousand sold in '04 and again in '05, with 1.5k and 1.1k in '06/'07. A peak of 7825 were taxed or sorn'd in '09.

So it looks like the guy from Nissan was mistaken.

Perhaps he rounded down and missed remembered a Zero from when he read it? 7825/7 = 1118 which is about 1000 rounding down...

Nissan did limit the number of vehicles to around 120 a month which would mean 1,400 cars a year roughly. Because of the limit and the very high residual values at that time, large numbers were imported from Japan and the peak years were 2004 until the end of 2005, that I imagine is why "how many left" is showing so many Zeds registered in 2004/5. Not many facelifts were imported due to unfavorable exchange rates and falling U.K prices (and availability)

Pete

• 1 month later...

The 370z has the same wheel base as the 350z but is has a slightly wider track. This makes it more square, this may be why you have less confidence in it. (comming from an Infiniti manger)

He lie.

This upsets me

It shouldn't :teeth:

I'm sure its about 10cm shorter over the 350z.

The 370z has the same wheel base as the 350z but is has a slightly wider track. This makes it more square, this may be why you have less confidence in it. (comming from an Infiniti manger)

He lie.

This upsets me

Correct: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/17302-evo-magazine-370z-first-drive/

He lie.

This upsets me

Correct: http://www.350z-uk.c...0z-first-drive/

So he's correct in that it's more square, but for the wrong reason (it's shorter not wider)?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

just noticed this this morning.... if you have headlights and rear fog light on, when you turn the headlights off, the fog light also clicks off at the same time. similarly if you just turn the fogs on without turning the headlights on, it will automatically click on the side lights - however you then need to use the headlight control to switch on dipped beams.

Never noticed this on any of the other 6 cars i've owned! useful way of preventing you from forgetting to turn off your foglight, but i'm yet to see a use for having rear fog light and just side lights on... probably cos its too difficult to make one turn of foglight toggle automatically do two turns of headlight toggle.

Pulling a handbrake turn while traction control off will disable traction control completely till you next start the car! :teeth:

Same goes for doing doughnuts :D

I did this once and thought id broken the car :(

Turned TC off as I was getting some new tyres fitted (so didn't care about my current set) and wanted to see how the car donuts, span around for a bit then T/C wouldn't come back on :( the lights just stayed lit up...

Quick re-start of the car and all was well, but I guess its a "feature"...

• 1 month later...

You can fit your car cleaning products and sponges where your spare tyre is, so you can clean car at shows and no one can see them :p

Lol, unless you get a flat tyre on the way there or home. :p I usually put the mini sized detailing bottles and cloths into the cubby hole behind the passengers seat.

Edited by bronzee

Read the whole thread.. good stuff.

The most annoying feature the Z has though.. is what has been said,... That no matter HOW far you park away from all the other cars.. You invariably come back to your car with some assjack who parked next to you, and about 6" away from your door. This is funny, but it's seriously true! Makes me want a cloaking device.,.. Or some 6 foot razor spikes that come out of the sides of the car 60 seconds after you press the alarm/lock button on the key fob.. :)

But,.. hard to add to this -- So I'll just put some things I "learned" when I literally took the entire inside of my Zed out 3-4 weeks ago as I was rewiring and putting in my speakers/amp/headunit etc..

1) The Z has NO ground on the factory radio/nav harness. However, it has a black ground wire coming out , but the other end doesn't go to a ground! This is important if you are installing an aftermarket head unit,.. as if you don't run that wire to a ground point somewhere (can even be the cage the radio sits in) it will ground off the Antenna lead you plug in.. (You can confirm this visually, and with an aftermarket head unit notice the head unit won't turn on unless you plug the antenna into it (it should turn on without the antenna). -- Why is this important? With some headunits, especially if you have amps in your car like me.. Your Z will shock you when you get in and out (like a static shock) due to the lack of ground. And it can introduce noise into the speakers (like alternator whine, etc..). What the engineers were thinking here is beyond me!

2) The carpet is held in by flimsy metal square "slotted" tabs that are literally stapled to the carpet that you Pull around the clips the Door Seal panels clip into. (panels at the very bottom of the door frame). (Boring one I know).

Hrmm what else..

3) The rear speakers in your Zed are 32 ohm! If you know anything about speakers, that's incredibly high. (Most home audio speakers are 8 ohm.. and most car audio speakers are 4ohm (and many 2ohm). [This is also why some of you may have noticed after putting in an aftermarket radio/headunit the rear speakers are either very quiet, or don't output any sound at all.. The higher the resistance of a speaker (ohms) the more power it takes to .. well.. power it (make it move).]

4) If you remove your passenger seat and turn your car on with it out.. The Airbag light will continually flash. (If you ever get in this predicament when installing something,.. or making space to haul something large by removing the seat (just 4 bolts) -- Put seat back in.. make sure it's plugged in. Then Turn key to Acc position (just before you would start the engine).. watch the airbag light.. the second the airbag light goes off turn the key all the way off (you have to be fast here).. Then count to 7-8 .. and do it again (Do this 3-4 times). This resets it back to normal.

5) Built in "feature" -- When you remove the AC controls in front of the shifter.. (unplugging them).. when working on things,.. when you turn the key to acc or engine on the AC will blast at full the whole time.. (great on the battery !) :)

6) All models.. Even the Base model that doesn't have steering wheel buttons and thus cruise control has Cruise built into it! The wiring is all done,.. if you were to remove the front of your steering wheel you would find the plug that controls the steering wheel controls just sitting there.. (Which is fantastic for those with base models wanting to add radio/cruise buttons -- Costs $125 in parts, and you need a tune.. but I won't get into it.)

That's enough rather boring facts about the Z hehe..

Oh, and taking the interior of the Z out is A LOT easier than putting it back in! ;)

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 3

6) All models.. Even the Base model that doesn't have steering wheel buttons and thus cruise control has Cruise built into it! The wiring is all done,.. if you were to remove the front of your steering wheel you would find the plug that controls the steering wheel controls just sitting there.. (Which is fantastic for those with base models wanting to add radio/cruise buttons -- Costs $125 in parts, and you need a tune.. but I won't get into it.)

It doesnt have the necessary switches on the brake and accelerator pedals, but the wiring is there :)

It doesnt have the necessary switches on the brake and accelerator pedals, but the wiring is there :)

Yup.. That's the $125 in parts I said :) -- Buy steering wheel panels with buttons,.. The module for headunit to work with cars buttons,.. plus the brake and clutch circuit switches.. and connect the plug on steering wheel, and for audio wire it up (take about 5-10 minutes to wire).. Then flash the Rom..to work. Only expensive part is the tune,..flash.. which is why I intend on doing this but only when I'm ready and need a tune. ;)

They actually attract other cars.. no matter how far away from anyone else you park in a car park, when you come back another car will have parked next to it!

God damn this is annoying, had this today at the local supermarket. Parked as far away as possible, there was literally 50+ other spaces, however they chose to park about a foot away from my car. What the hell is wrong with these people? Luckily there didn't seem to be any marks left on my car, no idea how the driver managed to get out unless they were rake thin as my passenger couldn't get in. I left them a nasty note on their car, it really is unnecessary to park like that.

I had this the other day but for a change I didn't mind, it was a guy in a lotus evora, he said I saw you're car and thought it safe to park by you

• Like 5

They actually attract other cars.. no matter how far away from anyone else you park in a car park, when you come back another car will have parked next to it!

God damn this is annoying, had this today at the local supermarket. Parked as far away as possible, there was literally 50+ other spaces, however they chose to park about a foot away from my car. What the hell is wrong with these people? Luckily there didn't seem to be any marks left on my car, no idea how the driver managed to get out unless they were rake thin as my passenger couldn't get in. I left them a nasty note on their car, it really is unnecessary to park like that.

I had this the other day but for a change I didn't mind, it was a guy in a lotus evora, he said I saw you're car and thought it safe to park by you

Yeah.. if that happens to me,.. I'll be 100 percent 'ok' with it. Nice cars tend to park next to each other anyway lol.. Just in the 2 months I've had this.. I've noticed BMW's,.. a Shelby Cobra,.. various mercedes,.. Lexus's,.. Supra, etc have all parked next to me when I was 10+ spaces away lol. Not another 350, or even 300ZX or 370Z.. yet!

This is totally acceptable in my book :thumbs: But not something i'd ever thought about. I'm parking next to nice cars from now on :lol:

• Like 2

One thing I would say if the nice car is in a child and parent bay don't park next to it because their kids don't care if their door swings open and hits yours or the parent is struggling to get their kids in and the door swings open ;)

Edited by mattfinch
  • Like 3