Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

This week I used the button that folds the wing mirrors for the first time.That's was a cool moment. I've only had it a week so little things like that are still great;)

It took me 3 weeks to finally notice this switch haha

A random little fact. . .

If another car decided a not to stop for a mini roundabout and hits you at 30mph and damages the passenger side door, rear quarter and sill the airbags will go off!!

Also as the insurance has just told me it Will be a write off!!

Who'd of thought that!!

Lol

If when you turn the engine off you get a rattle try doing it with the clutch pedal pressed in. Rattle may go away.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If you hear what sounds like a little disturbing noise coming from your engine while sitting at a redlight, or otherwise still with the car on -- Try pressing in the clutch,. it may magically disappear. (I learned that really quick ;) )

Our (for manuals) clutch/flywheels/throwouts etc are quite noisy .. and they were designed this way. (If you don't believe me, go park next to a big wall (preferably metal lol).. and release the clutch pedal in neutral.. with windows down.. if you DON'T at least hear your throw out bearing.. something is odd. ) :)

This week I used the button that folds the wing mirrors for the first time.That's was a cool moment. I've only had it a week so little things like that are still great;)

This "feature" wasn't on US market cars :( -- I was like, no kidding?? I'm going to find that button now lol.. then read a little and found out it is a Japanese feature that is also avail to UK cars.. but not US. Le sigh..

I like the folding mirrors.. I'd really like them to correspond with when the car is locked and unlocked.. IE: Lock folds mirrors in.. Unlock folds them out -- Or even coolor.. Lock folds mirrors in.. unlock keeps them in.. but, starting the engine causes them to unfold :D

Wonder how much those kits run to make a US car fold auto? tsk tsk..

So I guess the fact here is US cars do not have the folding mirrors! But UK/Japan vehicles do (I don't think ALL models do in UK, but probably most.. it may have been an option of some sort.. but maybe they all have them.) --That said, not sure what is special about Europe that requires folding mirrors that the US wouldn't lol..

pjf1985, on 27 March 2014 - 16:37, said:

Robothobo, on 24 January 2014 - 22:44, said:

This "feature" wasn't on US market cars -- I was like, no kidding?? I'm going to find that button now lol.. then read a little and found out it is a Japanese feature that is also avail to UK cars.. but not US. Le sigh..

I like the folding mirrors.. I'd really like them to correspond with when the car is locked and unlocked.. IE: Lock folds mirrors in.. Unlock folds them out -- Or even coolor.. Lock folds mirrors in.. unlock keeps them in.. but, starting the engine causes them to unfold

So I guess the fact here is US cars do not have the folding mirrors! But UK/Japan vehicles do (I don't think ALL models do in UK, but probably most.. it may have been an option of some sort.. but maybe they all have them.) --That said, not sure what is special about Europe that requires folding mirrors that the US wouldn't lol..

We have smaller parking spaces! Lol

Edited by AndyG8nby
  • Like 2

This "feature" wasn't on US market cars -- I was like, no kidding?? I'm going to find that button now lol.. then read a little and found out it is a Japanese feature that is also avail to UK cars.. but not US. Le sigh..

I like the folding mirrors.. I'd really like them to correspond with when the car is locked and unlocked.. IE: Lock folds mirrors in.. Unlock folds them out -- Or even coolor.. Lock folds mirrors in.. unlock keeps them in.. but, starting the engine causes them to unfold

Oh wow didn't realise the US version doesn't have them. It's a nice feature, although it would be better if they folded when the car is locked and unlocked as you said. I did notice last night however, if you fold them in and switch the switch back to the unfold position once the engine has been switched off, they will fold open once you start the engine.

And you have smaller parking spaces!? They were mahoosive last time I visiited!

Oh wow didn't realise the US version doesn't have them. It's a nice feature, although it would be better if they folded when the car is locked and unlocked as you said. I did notice last night however, if you fold them in and switch the switch back to the unfold position once the engine has been switched off, they will fold open once you start the engine.

And you have smaller parking spaces!? They were mahoosive last time I visiited!

Andy somehow jacked up the quote system lol.. So everything I wrote seemed like it was what he wrote unless you were paying attention.

He said the UK had smaller parking spaces, as opposed to the US. Which makes sense given the land mass. Even with our 320 million people, the US is absolutely Huge, and the UK can fit within one of our larger states quite comfortably..

But that's cool about the switching and opening on engine start.. does it remain this way, or do you have to fold them in everytime you shut the car off ?

I mean it's not a big deal.. my mirrors fold by hand if needed :) -- It'd be a total cosmetic thing/cool factor -- If it were $100 or so to mod it up I'd go for it, but I'm thinking it's likely not going to be anywhere near that cheap. :D

I have seen some posts about people who have added it to the US cars,.. but don't remember the costs.

Here's a fact about the 350 -- Aside from 2008 .. they made them in 2002.. about 13,000 for the US,.. extrapolating this,.. the 2002 year of production makes the 02 manuf. models the second rarest year.. the rarest year is the 08's due to being the last production model before the switch to the 370.

Here's a breakdown of the US made model production numbers by year for the 350 Zed.. I think these numbers can be roughly extrapolated to give an idea of which years , worldwide, were more popular than others (in sales/production numbers anyway).

350_sales.jpg

As I suspected the 2003 models are the most popular (more of them exist than any other year)... Seems you find a TON of '03's for sale, and many people own them. You can really get a great deal on an 03 now.. I'm afraid we're going to have teenagers buying up high mileage 11 year old Zeds for a few thousand dollars or so.. and doing very bad , bad things to them ;)

Edited by Chromatic

Andy somehow jacked up the quote system lol.. So everything I wrote seemed like it was what he wrote unless you were paying attention.

He said the UK had smaller parking spaces, as opposed to the US. Which makes sense given the land mass. Even with our 320 million people, the US is absolutely Huge, and the UK can fit within one of our larger states quite comfortably..

But that's cool about the switching and opening on engine start.. does it remain this way, or do you have to fold them in everytime you shut the car off ?

I mean it's not a big deal.. my mirrors fold by hand if needed :) -- It'd be a total cosmetic thing/cool factor -- If it were $100 or so to mod it up I'd go for it, but I'm thinking it's likely not going to be anywhere near that cheap. :D

I have seen some posts about people who have added it to the US cars,.. but don't remember the costs.

Here's a fact about the 350 -- Aside from 2008 .. they made them in 2002.. about 13,000 for the US,.. extrapolating this,.. the 2002 year of production makes the 02 manuf. models the second rarest year.. the rarest year is the 08's due to being the last production model before the switch to the 370.

Here's a breakdown of the US made model production numbers by year for the 350 Zed.. I think these numbers can be roughly extrapolated to give an idea of which years , worldwide, were more popular than others (in sales/production numbers anyway).

350_sales.jpg

As I suspected the 2003 models are the most popular (more of them exist than any other year)... Seems you find a TON of '03's for sale, and many people own them. You can really get a great deal on an 03 now.. I'm afraid we're going to have teenagers buying up high mileage 11 year old Zeds for a few thousand dollars or so.. and doing very bad , bad things to them ;)

Haha my bad, wasn't paying attention, long day at the office :yawn:

I was thinking the statement about smaller US parking spaces was wrong lol.

If you fold them manually in and leave the switch of the mirrors in the open position it should fold your mirrors out when you turn your key. Works the same if you fold them in with the switch, then turn off the ignition and then put the switch back in the fold open position before you leave the car, then it will be all ready for when you set off. Hope this makes sense lol.

I'm not too bothered about the feature either tbh, but its pretty handy especially if you get in the car and are about to set off and remember you haven't unfolded your mirrors :yuck:

Interesting facts on the most popular model years. Guess its no surprise there are less sales nearer the end of its lifecycle but I would have thought initial sales would have been higher in 2002?

Edited by pjf1985

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re the LCD information 'gauge' that displays dte, temperature, mpg etc, there are obviously two buttons - one to cycle through the different displays (on top) and one to reset information such as mpg and trip meter (right below it)- if you hold the top button for 2 seconds it brings you back to clock - save you having to scroll through all the options!

• Like 2

Have you all found the secret document holder area, never knew that existed until recently.

Under the glove box? Found this when fitting the phone kit.

Glove box????

Glove box is behind the pax seat

Have you all found the secret document holder area, never knew that existed until recently.

Glove box????

Oh, that is so odd I did find a pair of leather driving gloves in there when I bought the car......370Ad B)

Glove box????

Oh, that is so odd I did find a pair of leather driving gloves in there when I bought the car......370Ad B)

Ding Dong :)

1048029_Leijuly23.jpg?1367906997

I did notice one particularly useful feature on my Z......

On approaching the Z with a view to entering the car, depress the open door button on the key fob just once. Enter car and engage engine, this works particularly well if you have a rather loud after market exhaust system installed, look straight ahead and drive off. If you glance in your rear view mirror you may notice your other half standing in the driveway looking angry.....but believe me it's worth it to avoid all those negative comments about your driving ;)

• Like 6

Glove box????

Haha.....and you've still got those shoes Linus :lol:

• Like 1

Glove box????

Haha.....and you've still got those shoes Linus :lol:

:lol: yes and I am keeping them but you can have your scarf back :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...