Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

If you put the following into Google, without quote marks etc:

350z bad review

it doesn't really find any "bad" reviews! At least not in the first page of hits. At worst you get positive reviews which highlight a few now well known and acknowledged niggles.

Edited by Blue Straggler

FACT- Driven carefully at motorway speeds (60-70mph) a 2003 coupe can go from Caterham to Leeds and back on less than a tank of fuel. 470 miles and the needle was between the red and 1/4 at the end...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The intermittent front wiper setting is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike....fact!

Disagree!!

One setting only, which iirc goes off once every 40 seconds or so.

Had a two hour drive back from Milton Keynes in drizzle getting increasingly frustrated with it. Not enough rain to turn the wiper onto constant and intermittent is so far between wipes as to make it as much use as tits on a fish!

I heard a good one this week I can't verify the truth though.

When the first Fairlady Z came to the UK for testing it sounded crap with the JDM exhaust.

Nissan Europe hired a Ferrari 360 and studied it with a view to making the exhaust sound as close as possible to the 360 (it's a while since I drove a 360 but from memory it's not dissimilar).

I heard a good one this week I can't verify the truth though.

When the first Fairlady Z came to the UK for testing it sounded crap with the JDM exhaust.

Nissan Europe hired a Ferrari 360 and studied it with a view to making the exhaust sound as close as possible to the 360 (it's a while since I drove a 360 but from memory it's not dissimilar).

Could be true, the JDM exhaust is far quieter than the UK.

Little known fact is that most new posters have TLDR syndrome and run the danger of repeating little known facts

Some studious person could collate all the facts into a table, then get it mod edited into the first post. Good luck with that :p

I got some Beats Studio headphones......

Should probably take a look at price vs quality of headphones before splashing the cash on beats ;)

ERM... to keep it on topic. A little known fact is.... Ah! Yes, the boot bulb wiring can be back to front (red for negative black for positive) on some cars, high quality electrical system!

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

Little known fact is that most new posters have TLDR syndrome and run the danger of repeating little known facts

Is that relating to my fact?

I saw another post saying Nissan Spent over 2 years tuning the exhaust but no reference to the Ferrari.

Thus I conclude that mine is a new factoid.

Edited by Cyder
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a standard thing across cars or not but I was cleaning inside my door sills today and noticed that the 'heater vent' from the dashboard into the doors has the Z logo on it...

I Thought that was a nice touch considering its usually hidden from view 90% of the time, something which I haven't noticed before after a year of ownership and after cleaning my door sills about two dozen times.

Edited by Oggieteepo

I don't know if this is a standard thing across cars or not but I was cleaning inside my door sills today and noticed that the 'heater vent' from the dashboard into the doors has the Z logo on it...

I Thought that was a nice touch considering its usually hidden from view 90% of the time, something which I haven't noticed before after a year of ownership and after cleaning my door sills about two dozen times.

After I noticed this I broke out some silver acrylic paint and painted them. A little bit of it has rubbed off on the rubber vent seals but I like how it looks now.