Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

LV insurance want £620 to insure a 2008 M3................. worth 25k

and want £750 to insure a 2004 350Z worth £6k......................... LOGIC???????

not much here!?!??!?

yes; ones driven by more younguns and therefore the crash ratio is higher on the zed than the M3

maybe, but we're not asking about young'uns................ we're asking about me n my Mrs - same people, same risk!

an older car and worth a 1/4 of the M3.................. but its £130 more.........!!! thats my point!

and want £750 to insure a 2004 350Z worth £6k......................... LOGIC???????

not much here!?!??!?

yes; ones driven by more younguns and therefore the crash ratio is higher on the zed than the M3

maybe, but we're not asking about young'uns................ we're asking about me n my Mrs - same people, same risk!

an older car and worth a 1/4 of the M3.................. but its £130 more.........!!! thats my point!

thats not the point, if i am right i think both the vehicle and the driver are weighted. so there is a cost for the vehicle and then discounts applied depending on driver, age, experience etc.

as its all stats based, if more 350z's have been crashed than 2008 M3's the zed is a higher risk car. they take that value and then start discounting for what you bring to the deal. so if you have 5 years NCB and are over 30 you'll get a set discount. same as you would on the M3 but the Zed obviously starts higher before your discounts are applied.

you'll have to blame all the 20 something drivers who think they're senna and then spank the zed into a tree or ditch. been here 4 years now and every winter you can almost watch the tally of people post up saying that they just hit oil on the road and now the car is written off. etc etc etc. if you think the zed is bad try insuring an S2000 its even higher risk, yet has a bit less power still.

• Like 1

I would love to see the insurance companies stats, mentioned before the 'this ones crashed more than this one' stats are just rubbish if not analysed properly and driver (ironically named) analysis properly done. Like the guy said, too much weight on the car, at the moment I suspect and its coincidental data rather than causality. But of course they make money out of it with the current 'caveman' approach so why change.

it can snap knicker elas .................. (Clarkson) :blush:

Really I thought he slated it. The woman on 5th gear said it is one of the best cars she has ever driven.

He wasn't keen .......... but he was WRONG

he also has now come round to thinking the GTR (and I quote) is "absolutely unbefrigginlievable"

I'll second that one :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::#1:

JDM's have 3 cup holders only 2 seats :lol:

JDM exhausts are quieter than uk ones.

Some JDMs have 80l fuel tanks same as UK.

This would be the crazy mechanism where a glove box in a normal car would normally be, and you counting the inset with two cupholders in the centre console as the other ones?

The exhaust quietness saddens me, however I think mine was replaced with an OE one before i got it so prob UK spec, and no matter how much fuel I put in mine she doesnt seem to fill up, i get scared when it reaches 3 figures and stop hahaha. But what size is the tank meant to be if its not 80L?

Love this thread finding out so many things i never knew!

80 litre fuel tank?

Surely not?!

I've got a Vauxhall Vectra at the minute and it's got a 61 litre fuel tank! Surely, the 350 can't have an 80 litre fuel tank!?

Sure does. This has been thoroughly tested by yours truly through physically completely running out of petrol once - obviously for research purposes.

• Like 1

Just googled it....my surely not comment was a bit pointless.

£105 to fill up...ouch!

How many miles did you all get to your last full tank?

I've never run out, but I typically put £85 in to fill it, which gets me about 330 miles.

My OBC is showing an average MPG since August last year, of 26.8 mpg.

On Sat 18th and Sun 19th, I've got a round trip of Norwich - Newcastle - Birmingham - Norwich to do.

It's going to be 625 miles and if all of that takes me 2 tanks of fuel, I'll be happy.

What do you think people, shall we have a friendly sweepstake?

I'll fill the tank to the brim and keep track of how much I spend and how many litres I put back in over the course of the trip.

You lot can all guess and the winner gets bragging rights!

On Sat 18th and Sun 19th, I've got a round trip of Norwich - Newcastle - Birmingham - Norwich to do.

It's going to be 625 miles and if all of that takes me 2 tanks of fuel, I'll be happy.

What do you think people, shall we have a friendly sweepstake?

I'll fill the tank to the brim and keep track of how much I spend and how many litres I put back in over the course of the trip.

You lot can all guess and the winner gets bragging rights!

As around half your journey will be on A/B roads, I would guess that you'll use up pretty much bang on 2 full tanks - all depends on how you drive really... coast at 60mph behind a lorry or aim to stick that pedal through the floor.

If you hold the "next track" button up or down on the steering wheel controls for more than 3 seconds, the disc changer loads the next (if up) or previous (if down) disc from the changer. Might be common knowledge, but I stumbled onto it after nearly a year of ownership :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

not much here!?!??!?

What you've got to remember is that the insurance isn't just based on how much it would cost to repair/replace your car if you crashed, but the chance of you having an accident and damaging/writing off someone elses car (not being patronising, just making a general point).

It's why a young driver could have insurance that costs £2k on a £500 car, because he/she has a high risk of hitting someone else and causing damage to a far more expensive car.

• Like 1

not much here!?!??!?

I can beat that. Cheapest quotes I had from confused.com were £900 to insure my zed worth about £15k, but a mere £700 to insure a £45,000 nearly new Nissan GTR. I also had quotes for about £650 for an M3 which was what I was looking at prior to seeing a zed.

All pretty normal (but frustrating)... there has been long long discussions about this on the insurance sub forum. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just don't be tempted to use Green Flag, they offer great rates first year, then second year, when you've clearly forgot to check renewal date, goes from £650-1250 ! but then you go to cancel as you've clearly found somewhere cheaper and they land you with a £450 cancellation fee :scare:

but after complaining to trading standards they dropped that fee down to £45...the correct and reasonable admin costs...so 450 to 45...maybe they just got the decimal place wrong?