The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've posted an update. Hetti has now lost 4kg down to 30kg. We need her to lose another 3kg.

We had some problems with her hydro therapy at first.... She was so stressed by the whole experience however she's grown to love it. I'll have to edit some of the gopro footage I have an upload a video.

Anyway here's a picture of her this morning enjoying a relatively empty park along with the sunshine.

E1E5FB6A-FB87-4214-A6C6-277C1ECFCCBD_zps8dh8l2rg.jpg

• Like 2

Thought I'd share a picture of the latest additions to my furry family, Bronx and Brooklyn, the Bengal brothers:

11836790_10154212710855021_5084583452915714746_n.jpg?oh=5f37fdd95ea79446acde18bf0dfcaa50&oe=5649CAAF

Eagle eyed readers of this forum might notice that this pair look suspiciously like those from Pete's post from early July ;)

They're incredible little characters and still only approx 10 weeks. Although I've always lived in a 'multi cat' household I've never had a Bengal before and wasn't sure if I'd notice much difference between those and 'regular' cats. The Bengals certainly seem a lot more forward than the moggies but maybe that's just kitten bravado. Bronx (the brown one) has found out that humans can be used as ideal ladders to climb to access more interesting parts of the house such as kitchen counters.

Thankfully my other cats have taken well to them (living in a multi-cat household makes introducing new pets a lot easier than if there was just a single prior cat) and Nismo is being excellent with them, very gentle and (reasonably!) respectful of their space.

A big, big thanks to Pete and Caroline for raising such ace little confident and affectionate dudes!

Expect more pictorial updates soon :)

Fodder - Hetti is looking fabulous!

Vix - that tree looks great! I'd love something like that for mine. Is that classed as a 'banana tree'? I saw reference to one on a cat keeper website and assumed it to be an actual tree but after gooogling it saw that it was in fact a structure like yours.

S.

• Like 5

Thanks GSEXR, he's my old three-legged boy, he's actually terrified of everything but as he thinks with his stomach we bribed him up there with chicken lol

Hammy on the other hand is the youngster and a menace lol

15a070541673dc771e87327d3960539c_zpsibnrpaki.jpg

b91085477ffb93d29dee7605ecadedc8_zpsbuomgxqz.jpg

Squee, it's actually from www.cat-climbing-towers.com they have a few standard ones they make, but they also do custom builds too, they were really helpful and even found someone else local to us to share delivery costs as they're not cheap, but with a lifespan of about 15 years it'll probably out live our furries! This one is The Royal Mews and at 5'6" its taller than me lol. The ramps are great with Timmy getting older now and only have three legs it's easier for him to climb on - Hammy just climbs the poles lol

Edited by Voodoo Vix
  • Like 1

Got our mini cattery finished this week, had to put it on slabs, 21 of them, and cover what used to be a lawn with 5 tons of chippings....hard work. Don't worry, the cats won't live in there ,it's just to house the females when they're in season.

P1016554_zpsgja0yayz.jpg

Pete

Got our mini cattery finished this week, had to put it on slabs, 21 of them, and cover what used to be a lawn with 5 tons of chippings....hard work. Don't worry, the cats won't live in there ,it's just to house the females when they're in season.

P1016554_zpsgja0yayz.jpg

Pete

B)

Penthouse living and solar lighting to boot, not bad eh!

Is that a chicken house Pete? Think I can see what looks like a nest box on the back-side.

It can serve as either. It comes with the bits you need to convert it for hens. The nesting box at the back can be used as a litter tray area but we've converted it into an extra sleeping area, the litter tray will go onto the concrete slabs.

We're also going to insulate the inside and add more sleeping space (enough for 3 cats)

Pete