The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Thank you both. My daughter works at a rescue centre and we adopted Sabbath from being a tiny kitten so we were devastated when he went missing. We put up posters everywhere and asked around but we think maybe a fox got him :( He was a very characterful cat and used to go down the orchard every evening with my daughter to help her put away the chickens and ducks and it seemed very lonely without him at first. I still hope that he might come back one day if he is still alive.

• Like 1

but we think maybe a fox got him :(

Highly unlikely unless he was sick (or a smallish kitten). Foxes hunt animals that can't harm them and although a fox may well prevail in a fight with a cat instinct tells them that a cat can do a fair bit of damage to it. There's plenty of videos on You Tube showing fox/cat encounters and you can see how foxes are quite cautious when faced with a cat. Regarding a lost cat you should check out some of the lost and found cat sites on the internet and also any animal rescue centres in your area, data goes back for years on most sites.

Pete

Aww twobears. That's sad.

Despite what people say about cats they really are part of the family.

All pets are part of the family.

We were out walking out lab today and the other half popped into the shop so Hetti and I waited outside. A little girl 7 or 8 freaked out when she saw Hetti.... Keep in mind if Hetti notices anyone looking in her direction she thinks they want to say hello so she gets very interested.

Anyway I say to the little girl don't worry I'll keep tight hold, she just wants to say hello as she thinks you're her friend.

The little girl gingerly walks past so I say good girl Hetti. To which the girl stops dead in her tracks and asks me what I called her. I explained I was talking to the dog and she said oh my name is Betty so I thought you were talking to me.... It's at this point I notice the girl has a dwarf rabbit in her arms and it becomes very apparent why Hetti wanted to say hello :lol:

Hetti is a very inquisitive dog, wants to be friends with anything :)

• Like 3

Thanks Pete. In that case it doesn't sound like a fox would have got him because he was young and strong. I was still living down south when he went missing but my daughter has been checking on a lost animal site regularly and she works at the local animal shelter/helps out at another cattery but I will get her to check round everywhere again, just in case. I thought I saw him up in the village a few days ago but it was a feral tom cat and not Sabbath :(

Thanks Pete. In that case it doesn't sound like a fox would have got him because he was young and strong. I was still living down south when he went missing but my daughter has been checking on a lost animal site regularly and she works at the local animal shelter/helps out at another cattery but I will get her to check round everywhere again, just in case. I thought I saw him up in the village a few days ago but it was a feral tom cat and not Sabbath :(

Cats are very resilient creatures and can live for months if not years fending for themselves. One of my cats went missing on February 28th. Despite a widespread search there was only one positive sighting and that was about a quarter of a mile away on March 3rd. Then by sheer chance while out walking/searching I bumped into a lady out walking her dog. We got talking and I explained I was looking for my cat that had vanished some 7 weeks previously. It turned out that she had seen our cat several times the last sighting just 3 days before. She lives in a block of cottages maybe a mile away. Although there have been no more sightings I haven't given up hope of finding her. The main problem is that cats, especially country cats, adopt a more nocturnal lifestyle while living rough and I don't really want to go poking around close to isolated properties late at night.

Sometimes cats just get adopted by a new household and never return and sometimes they don't get handed in to an animal rescue centre for months. If your cat is micro chipped then there's a good chance it'll eventually be returned so don't give up hope just yet.

Pete

• Like 1

I was a proud Dad yesterday.

My rescue Border Collie (Mad Max) won his first dog show - Best rescue and biscuit catcher.

Unfortunately I missed the show since I was waiting in for Autoglass to turn up to replace the windscreen on my wife's car - and when they did turn up (late) announced that they thought they were doing a repair and had no windscreen. Not happy!

• Like 2

Monty's home - all stitched up and seemingly high on ketamine (if the itemised vets bill and her weird meows are anything to go by). Shouldn't be any long lasting damage, aside from to the wallet if Tesco don't pay up... £715! Should have been a vet - they know how to make money! Main thing is that she's back in one piece though... Now we've just got to watch her slowly go crazy stuck inside for the next 10 days... time to buy some new batteries for the laser pen!

• Like 4

Monty's home - all stitched up and seemingly high on ketamine (if the itemised vets bill and her weird meows are anything to go by). Shouldn't be any long lasting damage,

That's good to hear. Any idea what caused the injury?

Pete

Great news Commander. Pets can be very worrying, our pet insurance have been really helpful with our claims I hope yours is too.

Me too!

That's good to hear. Any idea what caused the injury? Pete

No :( It was a pretty 'clean' cut though. The Vet reckons probably a nail sticking out of a fence and that she caught herself on it while jumping.

Tesco Pet insurance have been great for my Rough Collie who's had a couple of problems. They always pay out as well. PITA pet insurance though as when something goes wrong its classed as Pre existing condition and difficult to change provider.

Highly unlikely unless he was sick (or a smallish kitten). Foxes hunt animals that can't harm them and although a fox may well prevail in a fight with a cat instinct tells them that a cat can do a fair bit of damage to it. There's plenty of videos on You Tube showing fox/cat encounters and you can see how foxes are quite cautious when faced with a cat. Regarding a lost cat you should check out some of the lost and found cat sites on the internet and also any animal rescue centres in your area, data goes back for years on most sites.

Pete

Agreed. Foxes are generally wary of cats.

Pete

Agreed. Foxes are generally wary of cats.

Here's a good example :)

https://www.youtube....yffAggI4

Pete

Edited by JetSet