Derestricted - Potentially, How Fast is a 350z?

greido

Out of interest has anyone, ever, in their lives seen a non motorway road in the UK (never mind one going through a village) with 2 miles of straight road.

A55, Post House To Broughton, dead straight and almost flat for 4 miles :scare:

Pete

Bah! Fake non motorway that might as well be a motorway.

Disqualified!

Has anyone else noticed that the speeds on the dash and trip computer are usually different? At town speeds I notice the dash reads about 2mph higher, at motorway speeds 3-7mph higher.

At high speeds both the analogue and the digital reads are way out. On a recent trip I clocked 156mph in Germany on the Autobahn. The speedo was showing about 175mph on both of the car's clocks.

Didn't most companies factor in 10%, so you couldn't blame the speedo if you got caught speeding? I think legally they now have to make it accurate... although I have no source / evidence to back this up! :)

At high speeds both the analogue and the digital reads are way out. On a recent trip I clocked 156mph in Germany on the Autobahn. The speedo was showing about 175mph on both of the car's clocks.

Didn't most companies factor in 10%, so you couldn't blame the speedo if you got caught speeding? I think legally they now have to make it accurate... although I have no source / evidence to back this up! :)

I don't know about cars, but it's pretty common for motorcycle manufacturers to add 10+% to up their customers ego.

Most cars' speedos overread exactly for this reason. You can't ever blame your speeding on the speedo if it is showing a higher speed than you are actually going. Modern cars are only typically 3-5% out at normal speeds, but have higher errors when you begin going over 200 kph. Incidentally at 251 kph (156 mph) on the autobahn, the car was still pulling very strong (I was gaining around 1-2 kph per second which is pretty decent at that speed). I just had to bail because of traffic ahead. I would be pretty confident that I would easily have maxed at higher than the speedo limit and it would appear that my limiter was either removed by a previous owner or doesn't work. :)

My SatNav (on my phone) is always set to show the gps speed, and ive noticed on all my cars the speedo speed is usually around 6->8% over. For example, 70mph on the sat nav is 76mph on the dash.

My SatNav (on my phone) is always set to show the gps speed, and ive noticed on all my cars the speedo speed is usually around 6->8% over. For example, 70mph on the sat nav is 76mph on the dash.

That's why when I changed my dials I set my speedo to the nav ;)

The stirling straights :drive1B)

the stirling straights are actually rediculous, i take the car and bike up that way quite alot and take them both right up to the speed limit as governered by law.

• 4 months later...

In 2004 Sixt rented out 350Z from Cologne for approx £50 per day- it was too good a bargain to pass up and that was the first time I'd driven a Z. The run south from Cologne on the Autobahn allowed me to run a Vmax legally when the road was clear enough My GPS maximum speed showed 157mph and the limiter kept cutting in- can't remember what the speedo indicated as it was in Kph and I was concentrating on the road The car felt like it had another few percent to give so a high 160mph seems realistic. It's taken a while but i've just purchased my own 350Z as my mate in his 911 (996) needed putting straight on what car value for money really is.

In 2004 Sixt rented out 350Z from Cologne for approx £50 per day- it was too good a bargain to pass up and that was the first time I'd driven a Z. The run south from Cologne on the Autobahn allowed me to run a Vmax legally when the road was clear enough My GPS maximum speed showed 157mph and the limiter kept cutting in- can't remember what the speedo indicated as it was in Kph and I was concentrating on the road The car felt like it had another few percent to give so a high 160mph seems realistic. It's taken a while but i've just purchased my own 350Z as my mate in his 911 (996) needed putting straight on what car value for money really is.

I think a 10k 911 is value for money!

I think 165 or something but I cant remember. I'm surprised at that speed the 5 litres of coolant keep the engine cool :lol:

• 1 year later...

Just a point on speedo inaccuracy

My speedo read 168mph on my speedo when i recorded this , at 70mph my speedo was about 6 mph out but its wrong to assume the level of inaccuracy is consistent for a start the tyre circumference really starts to grow at high speed.

ca44b1ef.jpg

This was on my Evo 6 with over 380hp and I was on one of the longest runways in the UK (RAF Marham) , was frustrated not to top 150mph the official speed recorded with a Vbox was 149.95mph

Conditions were less than ideal , stopping was interesting to say the least but this guy managed 218mph during a lull in the weather

• 2 years later...

I have a Nissan 350z import 2004 slightly modified but de-restricted. I live in a small village and the longest road is approx 2mile long. I have hit 165 mph in 6th gear with more to show but the road ran out.

It is achievable.

2nd post eh?

Im getting an early call for troll or absolute assbiscuit

"Dom, He's a cop!" Lol 😂

On a 2 mile stretch of runway at Brunters, in a car that weighs less than a 350 with approx 100bhp more, I touched 170mph. That was just, and with a dual clutch box.

A 350 isn't a slow car, but you'll need more than 2 miles to get anywhere.

e10eb4468b4dcacb91092e0cc2365f8b.jpg

This was when car was NA with light mods and remap. 270 km/h. Firm no way to go a bit over that

Now when twin turbo i went 290 km/h but was still a lot of rpm's left and car was pulling strong. I reckon without doubt it's going 320/325/330

This is actual sheet of my final gear and rpm's

e02ecbf522fd09ee0bc60fa72631f1c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Edited by Snjur