Derestricted - Potentially, How Fast is a 350z?

greido

Sorry people to dissapoint you but everything was done in a controlled environment. :D

It's all about achieving the cars performance under controlled circumstances. :drive1

Also not cats, dogs or any other sort of animal was injured during the period of test run :boxing: lol

Sorry people to dissapoint you but everything was done in a controlled environment. :D

It's all about achieving the cars performance under controlled circumstances. :drive1

Also not cats, dogs or any other sort of animal was injured during the period of test run :boxing: lol

A public road is never a controlled environment mate. Unless of course you're suggesting that the 2 mile road through your small village was closed for the day so that you could do a Vmax run?

DB

.......but everything was done in a controlled environment. :D

It's all about achieving the cars performance under controlled circumstances...........

Unless it was a properly marshalled track session, there was no "controlled environment"

I can't see the point in preaching the dude! What he did he did....what's going to change? The thread title was how fast is a 350z not give me grief for being a naughty boy. If that is the case make a thread as such and post all your comments there.

Don't mean to sound rude guys but it's getting a bit annoying here...there is police, there are laws, there are penalties. But none of us saw him doing it and none of us is his mum. If you see something pull him over and tell him/her/me/anybody off! Words and sh@t on a forum i am finding a bit off topic. :blush:

Now has anybody seen or tried more than 173? Or have they anything interesting to say?

• Like 2

I can't see the point in preaching the dude! What he did he did....what's going to change? The thread title was how fast is a 350z not give me grief for being a naughty boy. If that is the case make a thread as such and post all your comments there.

Don't mean to sound rude guys but it's getting a bit annoying here...there is police, there are laws, there are penalties. But none of us saw him doing it and none of us is his mum. If you see something pull him over and tell him/her/me/anybody off! Words and sh@t on a forum i am finding a bit off topic.

Welcome to the Internet.

Don't mean to sound rude guys but it's getting a bit annoying here...there is police, there are laws, there are penalties. But none of us saw him doing it and none of us is his mum. If you see something pull him over and tell him/her/me/anybody off! Words and sh@t on a forum i am finding a bit off topic.

Welcome to the Internet.

:lol:

At the end of the day, all he had to say to answer the original question was 'I've done 165mph in my modified import 350z'. But as he chose to add that he did this on a public road through a village, without adding the (highly questionable) information that the road was closed at the time, I think the torrent of 'it's not big and it's not clever' responses were well deserved.

DB

mines not de restricted and i got 164 out of it (on a track :|) got a vid of it too, someone told me speedos are wrong at them speeds?

post-2627-135011926327_thumb.jpg

EDIT: looks like this topic went off topic long time ago dunno if my post matters lol

• Like 1

Easily reached 150 on a quiet motorway,then realised the digital readout was in km's :surrender:

To be serious, reading some posts does actually make you wonder if some 'members' on here are actually zed owners or even old enough to drive,such is their mentality. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

on a Euro run my rag top topped at just over 155 - indicated. The Audi V10 that was there showed a very similar figure so the Z is quite accurate.

The V10 simply kept accelerating.....

I am preparing -again - to get mine tweaked as I need front bushes. So while I am there I thought I would get on with it...

I will let you know how it works out. :)

Out of interest has anyone, ever, in their lives seen a non motorway road in the UK (never mind one going through a village) with 2 miles of straight road.

Perhaps its just Chester is the home of the bend(ers) but I can't think of a road I know thats a straight mile long and has a surface you would even consider going over 100 on.

Then again I should imagine when using the strategy of 'making @*!# up to get a reaction' one doesn't really need a 'real road' on which to do their make believe '165mph' on.

Out of interest has anyone, ever, in their lives seen a non motorway road in the UK (never mind one going through a village) with 2 miles of straight road.

Perhaps its just Chester is the home of the bend(ers) but I can't think of a road I know thats a straight mile long and has a surface you would even consider going over 100 on.

Then again I should imagine when using the strategy of 'making @*!# up to get a reaction' one doesn't really need a 'real road' on which to do their make believe '165mph' on.

There are some pretty long straightish roads in the yorkshire dales... not sure about 2 miles, but you can see a LONG way :)

787small.jpg

757movingsmall.jpg

Must go up there again soon :cloud9:

A55, Post House To Broughton, dead straight and almost flat for 4 miles :scare:

Pete