Why are we all so dumb

coldel

17 minutes ago, gangzoom said:

..... There is a @*!# shower coming, and there is nothing anyone can do about it :surrender:.

Astonishing read that, thanks (I think!) for sharing it. I wouldn’t be in a position to question a word of it, but if I would challenge a bit, it’s this last one.

Why is it that Russia has 59 cases IN TOTAL and we had 342 new ones yesterday? I think it’s because your Rooskie has got the appetite to do something about it and we’re (politically) too worried about people having tantrums if they get told what to do and having hurt feelings.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

There is a @*!# shower coming, and there is nothing anyone can do about it :surrender:.

At last, some explanation  why everyone (Who could) has bought 400 toilet rolls. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperStu said:

Why is it that Russia has 59 cases IN TOTAL and we had 342 new ones yesterday? I think it’s because your Rooskie has got the appetite to do something about it and we’re (politically) too worried about people having tantrums if they get told what to do and having hurt feelings.

And because they live on hearty diet of vodka and vodka...

:lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SuperStu said:

Astonishing read that, thanks (I think!) for sharing it. I wouldn’t be in a position to question a word of it, but if I would challenge a bit, it’s this last one.

Yeh very interesting,heard on the news Government is going to ask other engineering companies to gear up for Ventilator manufacture,including the car industry.

When this outbreak started news broadcasters were telling us not to panic as more people die with flu each year,seems everyone is panicking now,whats changed !

Seen this doing the rounds and people calling it a 'prediction' although its already been pointed out that the work of fiction also says that the virus has a mortality rate of 100% and various other points to note about it, all of which bear no resemblance to the current coronavirus (but hey why ruin a good paragraph of text because they year happen to be right). Given the millions of fictional books written, some are bound to have coincidental 'truths' but are nothing more than that, just pure luck and coincidence. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeeZ said:

On another note does anyone here know anybody that has actually got this virus? We have no cases known in the Highland region yet 

The more remote you are the less likely your see/be in contact with a case. The reasons why politicians, footballers, and Chelsea/Kensington in London have current highest numbers is because these people tend to have more social contact globally than others, and people in Chelsea/Kensington will have a larger golable social circle compared to the rest of the UK population.

Here in the UK we are almost exactly matching Italian figures but 2 weeks behind. 

What's going in Italy will hit us around end of March. The only silver lining is kids don't seem to be effected virtually no deaths recorded. 

There are some life changing times coming to us all sadly :(.

59 minutes ago, NeeZ said:

On another note does anyone here know anybody that has actually got this virus? We have no cases known in the Highland region yet 

Nothing for certain, I've got a mate who's family are 'flu like' and are doing the sensible thing. More broadly speaking, you can check regions here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274 

Scary thing is, when they've looked back the recorded data from China, now they can see what was ACTUALLY happening - there was a point when they thought they had tested and found another 100 new cases that day, looking back now, they can see it was actually 1500 that day. 

1 minute ago, gangzoom said:

The more remote you are the less likely your see/be in contact with a case. The reasons why politicians, footballers, and Chelsea/Kensington in London have current highest numbers is because these people tend to have more social contact globally than others, and people in Chelsea/Kensington will have a larger golable social circle compared to the rest of the UK population.

Here in the UK we are almost exactly matching Italian figures but 2 weeks behind. 

What's going in Italy will hit us around end of March. The only silver lining is kids don't seem to be effected virtually no deaths recorded. 

There are some life changing times coming to us all sadly :(.

Yeah totally agree changes to our lives will last a fair while, if it pans out the way its expected to. 

2 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

Nothing for certain, I've got a mate who's family are 'flu like' and are doing the sensible thing. More broadly speaking, you can check regions here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274 

Scary thing is, when they've looked back the recorded data from China, now they can see what was ACTUALLY happening - there was a point when they thought they had tested and found another 100 new cases that day, looking back now, they can see it was actually 1500 that day. 

I've looked at at the link earlier today, there is some interesting reading out there once you get through the crap. 

2 hours ago, coldel said:

What’s changed is that broadcasters have realised they get higher viewership if they say we are all going to die than if they say don’t panic.

It's not the media saying we need to turn car factories into ventilator factories, it's our current health minister.

Pretty much all of Europe is now in lockdown, with every country now shutting their boarder. Spanish police is using drones to enforce public cufies.

This isn't SciFi or hype, it's coming to the UK very soon.

31 minutes ago, gangzoom said:

It's not the media saying we need to turn car factories into ventilator factories, it's our current health minister.

Pretty much all of Europe is now in lockdown, with every country now shutting their boarder. Spanish police is using drones to enforce public cufies.

This isn't SciFi or hype, it's coming to the UK very soon.

I think its clear that there is an NHS emergency coming, if not already - the context I responded to was around the panic shopping that is going on which is driven 90% by the media miss-information being broadcast to get clicks, views, papers bought - it had nothing to do with government or ministers, in fact behind closed doors retail leaders are absolutely spitting blood about the utter rubbish being released by the media in the hunt for viewership. There is more than enough food, hell easily enough bog roll. Its the pressure that it has put on the supply chain to get the stuff out and to stores especially the smaller more remote ones which do not have the scaled localised storage facilities - the one thing that wont be closed down is the food supply to the population.

5 hours ago, NeeZ said:

I've looked at at the link earlier today, there is some interesting reading out there once you get through the crap. 

If you fancy a long read, this is interesting. 
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Not bad here too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

• Thanks 1

Reading the stats of how many people sadly die year on year from influenza in the UK, US China etc is shocking in itself to which this is never reported on in the media. Start reporting on it heavily, give the virus a scary name and it not hard to cause panic for something that on the whole already exists. I believe this to an experiment to understand how the deployment of information controls the masses, being the prelude to the actual plan.

Carry on as normal and hope "Herd Immunity" Solves the problem. Its just that people don't want to give up their social lives for 2 weeks to a month to reduce the spread. I mean people in Italy are still trying to have a private night life when they have been warned, ignoring all the warnings. Some people have claimed it is not as bad as flu while others have died. Which is it....

UK is still behind the peak of the curve. So any drastic action needs to see more deaths in the 100s to a thousand. . 

Needs must, I have no issue with Army being deployed to drive emergency vehicles and blockades to stop people leaving catchment areas. They have to do what they have to do to control the spread. UKs lackadaisical attitude has been interesting. Maybe the plan is to have the masses infected hoping for herd immunity and they know they will lose some along the way. Crazy tactic but wouldn't put it past Government. That way when push comes to shove you don't have to treat people with pre existing conditions or prioritize less likely to survive patients. Or they can say not enough beds sorry, stay home and try and recover.

Elderly are being told to stay at home. My mom hasnt been anywhere public in a week or two. Best thing really. Why risk it. The flight ban by trump came a little too late,. My brother came from Lanzarote last week unchecked. Some are claiming they filled in forms which went to nobody :lol: