Why are we all so dumb

coldel

I think this is how the toilet roll issue came about. We were told by various government officials that a no deal Brexit could possibly create shortages of certain things we consume and that toilet paper was one of those. I know because I've still got a 16 roll pack which I bought last September in the wardrobe.

• Like 1

One of my brothers sons lives in Japan they haven't seen any bog roll or hand sanitiser in the shops for weeks. People are stealing the bog roll from public toilets and bars, some bars and cafe's are keeping it under lock and key. So the paranoid nutters are not just in the UK 

13 minutes ago, NeeZ said:

One of my brothers sons lives in Japan they haven't seen any bog roll or hand sanitiser in the shops for weeks. People are stealing the bog roll from public toilets and bars, some bars and cafe's are keeping it under lock and key. So the paranoid nutters are not just in the UK 

Japan is a microcosm of cleanliness though! Bonkers lot!

Bloody media AGAIN mate. They really are the pits. Will headline anything in the name of 'freedom of the press' to make a quick buck, doesn't matter what the consequences. No accountability at all. 

Edited by coldel

Just had a call from my mate he's due to fly to New York on the 23rd of Feb for 2 weeks with his son in Washington state, he just got a email from his travel insurance company telling him that if he is flying into a state or staying in a state with the virus he's not covered for any treatment or costs. And that if he cancels his flight they will not refund his tickets. :blush:

29 minutes ago, NeeZ said:

Just had a call from my mate he's due to fly to New York on the 23rd of Feb for 2 weeks with his son in Washington state, he just got a email from his travel insurance company telling him that if he is flying into a state or staying in a state with the virus he's not covered for any treatment or costs. And that if he cancels his flight they will not refund his tickets. :blush:

Pretty sure he will want to report that to the FCA, AFAIK insurance has to cover for "travel disruption". No point being an insurer if you're just going to bail when you have to pay out - would love to know the name of insurance broker and underwriter. 

50 minutes ago, Umster said:

Pretty sure he will want to report that to the FCA, AFAIK insurance has to cover for "travel disruption". No point being an insurer if you're just going to bail when you have to pay out - would love to know the name of insurance broker and underwriter. 

He's on it as we speak 

Just been listening to the Jeremy Vine show on R2 he asked the question "why don't we see white egss on the shop shelves any more" well it turns out that the shoppers think brown eggs are better for them :byebye:

1 hour ago, NeeZ said:

I think he might have missed that plane ;)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NeeZ said:

Just been listening to the Jeremy Vine show on R2 he asked the question "why don't we see white egss on the shop shelves any more" well it turns out that the shoppers think brown eggs are better for them :byebye:

Same reason why no one will eat a miss-shaped fruit/vegetable. Form over flavour these days. Those that grow their own will know B)

• Like 1

I work in a sizable retail group and just had a chat with senior management, there are no problems in the supply chain for getting toilet rolls or dried pasta, the only thing struggling is hand sanitiser due to the lack of suppliers. But otherwise there are tonnes of bog roll sat there ready to go, its just a case of shifting it all this week based on the uptick of purchasing. Lets just say retail leaders are less than pleased with the utter bu11sh1t parts of the media have been putting out there...

Edited by coldel

10 minutes ago, coldel said:

Lets just say retail leaders are less than pleased with the utter bu11sh1t parts of the media have been putting out there...

right on Col. The media have a lot to answer for, yet there seems to be very little regulation on some of these news reports and the consequences of what the media deem as "free speech" "for the good of the people" blah blah. 

I have recently ditched all social media and I feel better for it, no more faceache/twatter bullcrap miss-information and retarded suggested posts/adverts. I really can't be arsed with it any more . . . maybe it's an age thing :lol:

• Like 1