Why are we all so dumb

coldel

So there is another disease out there that could kill a tiny proportion of people that catch it, much like many others that already exist and kill by the millions globally already. Yet you walk into Tesco and all the pasta sauce and toilet rolls are gone. What on earth is wrong with the human race, I can only assume they read the news and fly off into a panic. 

Yes we might have to self isolate, we will manage even without 5000 toilet rolls in the cupboard, it will be fine. You will somehow get toilet roll and be able to eat pasta. What annoys me the most, is that you have perfectly healthy, wealthy people who will get no more than a minor sniffle if they catch this disease buying up stuff out the stores and ironically leaving those that cannot afford to stockpile i.e. the elderly and borderline poverty and who are probably more prone to having more severe symptoms unable to buy their normal weekly shop. 

There must be a theory out there somewhere that says 99.99% of the human race is kept alive by the other 0.01% - or something along those lines :doh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Morons mixing up Nora for Corona.  Just grab a pile of Metro’s, newspaper was good enough back in the day.....

Or 'tracing paper' like we used to have in school toilets.

Bet there is someone with a warehouse full of that horrible paper now celebrating because the time has come when they can move it on.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

FOR SALE

Brand new, only taken out the wrapper, never been soiled.

IMG_6499.jpeg

DELIVERY ONLY

£45 + £15 SHIPPING - No offers.

will you split it or sell by the sheet ?:dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

FOR SALE

Brand new, only taken out the wrapper, never been soiled.

IMG_6499.jpeg

DELIVERY ONLY

£45 + £15 SHIPPING - No offers.

If it doesn't sell on here, are you going to put it on Ebay?

• Like 1

My daughter just got back from Aldi and said that loads of stuff has sold out.

The lady on the till was telling her that a couple had spent £380 yesterday - thats a lot of stuff in Aldi!

When they had been asked if they had a big family they replied that there was only them but they were stocking up just in case.........

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ponsonby said:

My daughter just got back from Aldi and said that loads of stuff has sold out.

The lady on the till was telling her that a couple had spent £380 yesterday - thats a lot of stuff in Aldi!

When they had been asked if they had a big family they replied that there was only them but they were stocking up just in case.........

The only signs of it this morning in my local were a bit of a hit on bog roll (still a fair bit left) and the hand gel/wipes (they’ve been gone for a while now). That said, it was definitely busier than usual.

Thing is, people should be telling these people to their faces that they’re utter idiots, and not just posting on BookFace. 

“Good afternoon sir, is it just the 7000 toilet rolls for you today?”

”Yes thank you, can’t be too careful!”

”You’re a f*cking idiot and I’m not serving people that stupid in case I catch Stupid from you. Have a nice day!”

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

The only signs of it this morning in my local were a bit of a hit on bog roll (still a fair bit left) and the hand gel/wipes (they’ve been gone for a while now). That said, it was definitely busier than usual.

And of course, all those people that don't want to catch the virus buying up all the hand gel, means that lots of people now cannot get hand gel, cannot stop themselves catching the virus and therefore increasing the odds that the stockpilers will now catch it. 

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Thing is, people should be telling these people to their faces that they’re utter idiots, and not just posting on BookFace. 

”You’re a f*cking idiot and I’m not serving people that stupid in case I catch Stupid from you. Have a nice day!”

It’s about time there was a protocol, it’s not the first time people have got carried away with the press hysteria. Rationing worked during the war, should still work now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coldel said:

And of course, all those people that don't want to catch the virus buying up all the hand gel, means that lots of people now cannot get hand gel, cannot stop themselves catching the virus and therefore increasing the odds that the stockpilers will now catch it. 

Stupid is as stupid does.

I just wee on my hands now. It’s sterile and toughens the skin.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ekona said:

I didn't realise you worked in the customer services department at Tesco!

• Haha 1

Went to my local Asda and the toilet roll, hand gel, anti-bac wipes, paracetamol and soap sold out.. 

There should be something built into the self serve checkouts to block these stupid bulk purchases.