Why are we all so dumb

coldel

12 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Once the lockdown comes, long as I can still detail my cars - im good ;)

Im self isolating by sitting in my VX :lol: stroking the lovely alcantara, moving the wheel and making brum brum noises...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is everyone doing about work at the moment? My partner is high risk as she has Crohns  and Asthma. Shes already unwell and awaiting treatment. Thankfully she can work from home. Obviously the schools have closed and my son is also at home. My employer is just bumbling along as normal with “ideas to look into home working” but ultimately nothing has been done and they expect us to come to work and sit in a huge office surrounded by people. Im considering saying I have symptoms and self isolating for two weeks and hopefully by then we will be locked down anyway. I don’t fancy waiting for the official advice before protecting my family. In the north east people are just going about their business as normal. 

I'm across from Asda people are beeping and going crazy and lots of traffic. Dont wait, government are going on measurements and numbers.. Also this was from one of the rags

It comes as Britain’s supermarket chains are also launching action to help elderly and vulnerable customers, while ramping up operations to meet surging demand for home deliveries.

Sainsbury’s became the latest group to offer priority home delivery slots to elderly and vulnerable customers, as well as exclusive shopping hours.

Its supermarkets will only open to these two groups for the first hour of trading on Thursday, chief executive Mike Coupe said, but will open for an hour longer so other shoppers do not miss out. Sainsbury’s Local convenience stores will not offer the service.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

On a serious note, once the UK does get locked down does anyone actually know what this entails? ie the can's and cant do's?..........

If others are to go by, you stay in unless you are going out for food, medicine or exercise on your own. Keyworkers will be allowed to go to work as normal, definition of those roles coming soon by all accounts.

What it doesn't mean is that we all have to stay in and never go out and starve in our homes.

Iran apparently released 85,000 prisoners :scare:

On a side note just got word from the MD that we are shutting down office for 2 weeks from tomorrow.. We will be working from home. 

Also on twitter londoners are calling for lockdown and restriction of movements but Downing Street have been defiant saying there will be no restrictions on movement in and out of London or within London.

People have responded calling the PM "Boris the Clueless". All interesting.

But I rather put faith in the people to do the right thing as Ive already seen less people on the streets and only coming out during early mornings to buy groceries. In my local area less people at rush hour mainly people driving back from work. But trains are less crowded.

I think people will naturally stay away as businesses close down aside from Food retail and food shops. We shall see. Things can change overnight.

They are refusing to shut down the TFL. I think that will restrict a lot of people if they needed to. Services may be reduced as less passengers are willing to travel hmm

Dont wait for Boris......Self isolate like the Corona Beers have been doing :lol:

Edited by GranTurismoEra

4 hours ago, Ekona said:

Still hoping they don’t class prison officers as a key worker tbh :lol: 

From our girls school in Birmingham:

1695386984_IMG-20200319-WA00002.jpg.ee4a10af6ffea52e82a961eaa81da94d.jpg

5 hours ago, nowhereboy said:

What is everyone doing about work at the moment? 

Our department is split over 3 sites now with more colleagues gone home working or rotating shifts. With the school closures from Monday, mangers have been given ability to grant upto two weeks paid leave to colleagues. But possibly looking at unpaid leave from there on which hasn't been made clear. Home working for affected parents will be offered, however you can't look after children and work from home effectively.

Basically half the country is a keyworker! Car mechanics that keep the lorries on the road, that ultimately deliver the supplies. The people that work for the thousands of companies that produce food in the food supply chain. Farmers. Rubbish collection and recycling. The list is much longer than pointing at the obvious public services. 

Well one son who works in Tescos self isolating with the symptoms after working his arse off. One daughter who's the manager of a lidls store who hasn't had a day off for the last two weeks (  neither have her staff) who has a five Yr old daughter and a husband with acute asthma getting verbally abused by morons on a daily basis. One son in law who is a nurse working every hour to help the same people who behave like morons. Sorry to sound bitter, but some people have no idea how fortunate they are. 

40 minutes ago, NeeZ said:

Well one son who works in Tescos self isolating with the symptoms after working his arse off. One daughter who's the manager of a lidls store who hasn't had a day off for the last two weeks (  neither have her staff) who has a five Yr old daughter and a husband with acute asthma getting verbally abused by morons on a daily basis. One son in law who is a nurse working every hour to help the same people who behave like morons. Sorry to sound bitter, but some people have no idea how fortunate they are. 

You're right to flag that up ... let's get the army involved for the fookin' idiots who kick off ... not hard to do I would imagine

Edited by ATTAK Z

4 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

You're right to flag that up ... let's get the army involved for the fookin' idiots who kick off ... not hard to do I would imagine

Or at least start looking at euthanasia 

my mate signed up to a down low cash and carry. I told him to send me the details so i can sign up. Its 30 miles away but worth it if this happens again in our lifetime. You order online and collect. Its all rationed to one item per customer. There are many like this around. When it kicks off in the city youll have to get out of town and find these places. 

Helped my brothers get hold of some stuff. Its also worth a trek if you know you ordered online and gauranteed to get the goods. 25 miles might be extreme, but by the time youve been to 3 tescos and 4 Sainsbury's youre already pi**ed off and covering 25 miles anyway and finding nothing

Costco are also low on things....A lady said out loud theyve got tissue as costco had none and my mates girlfriend had to wait in the car with the shopping ....i wont be suprised if they came out and all the stuff was gone 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

10 hours ago, NeeZ said:

Apologies, I just get so mad with the people who give nothing and expect everything. This current situation has only highlighted this phenomenon in this. country 

Totally with you. The behaviour of quite a lot of the country has been nothing short of self serving, selfish, mindless morons who know no shame. We do not live in a country where in a lock-down the police will shoot you on sight, or in a country where starvation is a way of life, or in a country where we have a life expectancy of 35. You would think it was the apocalypse or something and people and treating our hard workers like crap. I was speaking to a shop till worker the other day, she was in pieces having worked long hours, had nothing but moaning from people, she doesn't have a massive stockpile of food at home she only had her 80 year old mother. Yet I am still seeing, even yesterday, a professional couple, with a trolley basically buying two of anything they can get their hands on with enough food to feed a family of 6 for a month - I bet half of it they throw away.

Lenin was right, a nation is just three meals away from chaos - because of the basic need to be selfish in many of the people that make it up. 

• Like 1

Don't know how true this is but apparently this says, 

3457cbf6-1ceb-4aa9-9a76-c2bff7bcef64.jpg

Fiver for one, or 125 quid EACH if you buy more than one.

Assuming there's even an element of truth in it, if your immediate response is, "Shameful profiteering bastards ripping off decent panic buyers" then you're a Daily Mail reader.

• Haha 1

Hope this helps drive home the message - sorry to bang on about it but all those morons out there buying two of everything, going in during first hour opening times to take advantage, because for some moronic reason you think you will somehow starve if you don't. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-51966337/coronavirus-nurse-s-despair-as-panic-buyers-clear-shelves

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

I was at Pets at Home this morning @ 10 and it was pretty well stocked up with pet food, which some morons have been panic buying.  Went over the road to Asda and there seemed to be a lot less panic buyers, most trolleys were not full to bursting and this particular Asda is 24hr but closes at 2200 now, was pretty well stocked.

We’re probably a bit luckier up here in hoop Hoo land as we are not as densely populated as some areas of England are.

So far, it’s not been that bad.  I work shifts on the railways and my wife is retired, but we have two grandchildren that we’re watching full time, their parents are nurses, so it’s tough on us all.  I’m knackered from finishing late (tonight I finish at 0140) and getting up early to shop for four households.  One daughter working from home (with her two year old not now in nursery) and her partner now under 30days notice (hospitality), youngest is a cop, on shifts and her partner runs his own business (arborist) and the other two are nurses as said.

its been particularly difficult for them to work round their shifts to get essentials so I try my best to help out.  I make a point of NOT over-shopping in any one shop and my priority is stuff for the toddlers (two grandsons 2 yrs old). So far it’s not been too bad but I’m pooped.  I also go out my way to tell the staff in the shops how much I appreciate what they’re going through and that they are as important as any of the emergency services, we should all do the same.

Every single con at work keeps asking when we’re going into lockdown, so they’re clearly expecting it soon. Not happening yet and we’ve not had any cases in the prison yet, but they have cancelled all religious services now and visits are being reduced to half numbers in our establishment.