The one-millionth 911 rolls off the production line

NazMan

H'mmm

"Today, Porsche built the 1,000,000th example of the most iconic sports car ever: the 911. Modeled after one of the first 911s ever built—and Ferdinand “Ferry†Porsche’s personal company car—the Irish Green Carrera S packs many parts from Porsche’s Exclusive options portfolio as well as bespoke parts designed to bring it as close to the original as possible. After a global tour and drives in the United States, at the Nürburgring, and elsewhere, it will take up permanent residence at the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart."

And it's a left hooker Hugh so wave goodbye to that one :(

H'mmm

"Today, Porsche built the 1,000,000th example of the most iconic sports car ever: the 911. Modeled after one of the first 911s ever built—and Ferdinand “Ferry†Porsche’s personal company car—the Irish Green Carrera S packs many parts from Porsche’s Exclusive options portfolio as well as bespoke parts designed to bring it as close to the original as possible. After a global tour and drives in the United States, at the Nürburgring, and elsewhere, it will take up permanent residence at the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart."

And it's a left hooker Hugh so wave goodbye to that one :(

I'm not keen on green cars so I'll give that one a swerve anyway ...

• Like 2

Now watch those options like the wooden wheel become Exclusive options. /cynical

Not a bad spec, but the green is a bit of an odd choice. Trouble is I suspect the first one was either silver or cream, neither of which is exactly special enough to celebrate.

Now watch those options like the wooden wheel become Exclusive options. /cynical

Not a bad spec, but the green is a bit of an odd choice. Trouble is I suspect the first one was either silver or cream, neither of which is exactly special enough to celebrate.

After a google as i'm not working very hard today turns out it was aluminium/silver, so good shout.

I love the look of 911s, but it has to be those early to mid eighties ones. When I think of a 911, I imagine a D reg Guards Red 911 Turbo.

When I was choosing which car to buy this time around, I did spend some time looking at what can be bought in a 911 for sub 12k. Did give it some thought and figured you probably need to spend a fair bit more to have a proper 911 experience.

• Like 1

911 has never really floated my boat

+1, can totally appreciate the engineering and stuff (particularly when they are flying past you at Nur) but just find them a bit weird to drive.

Exactly , right , they are impressive bits of kit for sure and i like the way they are put together , I even quite like the look of some models but they really aren't a car I'd ever aspire to own

• Like 1

Exactly , right , they are impressive bits of kit for sure and i like the way they are put together , I even quite like the look of some models but they really aren't a car I'd ever aspire to own

Reminds me of when I first got my 911, I took the missus out for a spin and she asked why everyone was staring and looking at my car. I explained that when your a young lad growing up you often have pictures of super cars on your bedroom walls and a lot of kids have pictures of 911 turbos on their walls. My missus replied "oh, did you have one on your wall when you were a kid?". "No" I replied, I never liked them I had pictures of Ferraris up instead". :lol:

• Like 2