If you had the money...

-G-

Bottom of the market? No thanks. Early car too, plus that trader doesn't have a great rep tbh.

If you can haggle £10k off a £160k Huracan then fair enough, but they're still in demand so I think you'll struggle to achieve that for cash.

Yeah, but it's fantasy money for a fantasy car ;)

Walked past that showroom plenty of times, but never been in. Always think I'd just get asked to leave.

Saying this, id probably buy a tank. You can pick up soviet era armor, T54s and T55s etc for around 50K. Having driven one I can safely say its the best fun ive had in a long time!

Edited by Olly350z
  • Like 2

You'd be VERY hard pushed to find an NSX-R (gen 2) for under £200k now (more like £220k). Even the normal one is kicking around £100k.

My mate got his at the right time, it's soo awesome to drive - it's 100% like a little brother to the F50 (yes I'm a git, driven that too), extremely raw and totally alive if that makes sense.

There's soo many cars I'd choose too but I love V10's and straight 5's.

Either a combo of:

Gallardo Superleggera (manual if one is kicking around again) + Quattro 20V RR (boost it up a bit)

Viper 2017 ACR + E60 M5 LHD manual (and funds to keep repairing it and filling it up)

997 GT3 RS

Murcielago LP640 (manual pref)

• Like 1

A 458 would be bottom of the market at that price, plus I'd want the Spider. So no Fezza.

A 991 Turbo would be staggering performance, but 4WD? No thanks. So no Gallardo or R8 either.

540/570 are too ugly, and you won't get many options for your £150k so nope.

I'd want something that made me feel special, but that I felt comfortable spanking the arse off of. If we're assuming this isn't a lottery win so I can't replace it the next day if I bin it, then I'm going to pick one car that's track friendly but not road unfriendly, it has to make a nice noise, and it has to be affordable to run. Must be showy without being flash, must be premium but not poncy. Above all, it must reward as a driver.

ONE CAR CHOICE

Yellow-Porsche-GT3-Full.jpg

991.1 GT3, in Racing Yellow.

On the basis you cannot buy a 991.2 GT3 even if you have the cash, I'll take the earlier car. 9k rpm, 475bhp, flappy paddles but at least I know I like flappy paddles in 911s, and it would have to be the Clubsport model. Available from about £135k.

TWO CAR CHOICE

exige-380-0312.jpg

Exige Sport 380.

For me a track car must always have the option of a roof, and Lotus make the best tin-topped track cars so here you go. I've never drive of these, however we all know it's bloody superb. £70k I reckon with options plus a haggle.

i619683.jpg

997.2 GTS, in Basalt Black. 2WD manual option.

Still the best car I've ever owned, and for the road I don't need anything else. Perfect size, balance, weight, power, seats. The one car that does it all, I would find room for again in my collection. Truth be told I'd buy it again tomorrow if I had £60k spare.

I know of a 997.1 for sale, same spec :)

F*ck me, FF is now almost £150?!

That's just ridiculous. Serious amount of car for the cash .

Can be had for £140ish, but not in red, and it has to be red.

£130k http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702202499450?sort=price-asc&radius=1500&postcode=ng92qs&advertising-location=at_cars&make=FERRARI&model=FF&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

Best in grey really, looks like any other large family car then. But yeah, red is nice.

Local dealer refused to take our order if specced the yellow as we wanted :lol: It'd look amazing, but he knew he'd never shift it on again.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

Murcielago LP640 (manual pref)

Cant remember the last time I saw a Murcielago and thats living in area where most of the other modern cars mentioned are a daily sight, 430 and 458's, 911's, even Huracans, so the old Lambo would definitely be my choice, unless you can get any Zonda for £150k.

911 Turbo... although probably not as involving to drive as other cars or even some over 911's or as exciting to look at as a proper exotic, you could use it every day in any weather and it would destroy 99.9% of other cars in any situation. This was my opinion before this weeks TG as well! :)

911 Turbo... although probably not as involving to drive as other cars or even some over 911's or as exciting to look at as a proper exotic, you could use it every day in any weather and it would destroy 99.9% of other cars in any situation. This was my opinion before this weeks TG as well! :)

Depends on which model of 911 turbo you go for but with a few tweeks they can be as involving as other cars, although I find that like a lot of turbo cars, you dont have to wring its neck to get places extremely quickly. So for some roads, you would be better off with a non-turbo car, or one with less power which you need to properly thrash which makes you feel more involved in the drive. Again its personal preference and depends on what you want to use it for. For me, if im just driving to work, I can leave it in 6th from 40 upto err... silly speeds and just a prod of the accelerator will get the car moving very quickly, even when your overtaking etc. so you can be quite lazy. However, if I feel im in more of a speed demon mode then in sports mode, just dropping it down to 3rd or 4th (depending on what speed your doing) and flooring it and the cars ballistic. A bit too ballistic for a lot of roads as you find you end up constantly on the brakes.

Looks are quite subjective, but I think the 911 turbo does look pretty good with its wide arches & boot spoiler etc. compared to other 911`s (outside of those with aerokits). I certainly notice mine gets a lot of looks when im driving it, however it is also subtle enough to sit on my drive and not cause much undue attention. So whilst not as mental looking as a lambo, its kinda the best of both worlds to some degree.

• Like 1