What's your daily?

Deano94

Hi guy's

So, finally have enough ncb for my insurance to be cheap enough to run two cars and still save money. As currently spending over 3k a year on petrol :o

Just interested in what everyone has/would suggest ?

My budget is around 1-1.5k but would like to spend as little as possible as could put more money towards the zed.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

My daily is a VW Up, something tickles me about my daily having half as many cylinders as my Z :)

I actually really enjoy thrashing the poor little fella lol. They go surprisingly well once you get the revs up in second.

I'd make a suggestion, but I have lost touch totally with UK prices, I have no idea what you can get with 1.5k. Mk4 Golf GTi? High mileage Alfa 159?

Edited by Aashenfox

My daily is a VW Up, something tickles me about my daily having half as many cylinders as my Z :)

I actually really enjoy thrashing the poor little fella lol. They go surprisingly well once you get the revs up in second.

I'd make a suggestion, but I have lost touch totally with UK prices, I have no idea what you can get with 1.5k. Mk4 Golf GTi? High mileage Alfa 159?

Ahh the vw up's a good shout. Out of my budget but reminded me of the Fox or lupo.

Always stayed away from alfa's for reliability reasons and think the golf gti mpg and insurance costs would be to high for me to save money.

Ahh the vw up's a good shout. Out of my budget but reminded me of the Fox or lupo.

Always stayed away from alfa's for reliability reasons and think the golf gti mpg and insurance costs would be to high for me to save money.

Alfa's actually aren't that unreliable, traditionally it's the rust issue (not a problem over here :)), but the 159 is a solid (not to mention goppingly beautiful) car, and there are few cabins that are nicer to be in. Drive one, I promise you'll be surprised.

How about a mk5 fiesta? There's not a bad thing to say about the car.

Edited by Aashenfox

Skoda Octavian diesel. Brilliant car, cheap, economical, I'm no longer worried every time I park in a supermarket car park. It's also one of the best performance mods I've bought for the zed, as every time I jump back in the zed it feels twice as fast as before and sounds like thunder.

• Like 2

55 plate Seat toledo tdi, bought as a stop gap while the Mercedes was being fixed and still have it 12 months later. £850 because it's not got an undamaged panel on it but then I'm not bothered where I park it or what I put in it. Someone knocked the wing mirror off so it's now just duck taped back on. :lol: I love it, I'm getting 45 to 50mpg and it's quite nippy. Belting engine.

• Like 2

I drive a big f*ck off black truck, so I'm no help here :D:lol:

Anyways though, £1500 for the car + £150 for VED + £400 for insurance + £1000 for fuel = £2500. Is it worth driving a shed (that's likely going to need odds and sods fixing) for that kind of saving? Although obviously in yr2 the costs plummet, but then more risk of expenditure to repair... If it were me, I'd at least buy a fun shed so that you get some enjoyment from it.

Wife bought a 55 plate Renault Megane for £1500 with 49k miles on it full renault service history and brand new pirelli tyres etc. 12k miles later never missed a beat no problems at all, except the rear passenger window motor seizing up although thats ok as Alfies child seat is that side so actually works as a very effective bit of childproofing :lol:

• Like 1