TVR Tuscan - track day pics pg8

Commander

That sounds awful Commander.

I'm first aid trained but always hoping I never have to use it as until you're in that situation you never know how it will effect you or how you will react. Fingers crossed that the cyclist makes a full recovery.

Not what I thought i'd read when I saw the title changed to 'crash' I must admit!

Doesn't sound too good though, poor chap. Another reason cyclists should keep off the road.

Not sure if you're serious, but as a cyclist myself I do kinda feel that there are just too many cars for it to be safe these days. As it sounds like the Golf driver did something pretty special though, I'm not sure that counts as a reason for cyclists to stay off the roads. More like a reason for retarded drivers to stay off the roads.

EDIT: or at least cycling on the road is a dying activity.

Edited by BobbyZ

Cyclists need a wide lane of their own. Our roads aren't capable of the traffic we throw at them. Plus parked cars. Cyclists end up practically in the middle of the road swerving left to right as they pedal.

Not what I thought i'd read when I saw the title changed to 'crash' I must admit!

Doesn't sound too good though, poor chap. Another reason cyclists should keep off the road.

Not sure if you're serious, but as a cyclist myself I do kinda feel that there are just too many cars for it to be safe these days. As it sounds like the Golf driver did something pretty special though, I'm not sure that counts as a reason for cyclists to stay off the roads. More like a reason for retarded drivers to stay off the roads.

If you think cycling is dying - your greatly mistaken

come to Pembrokeshire (we host the Ironman series) - there are cyclists everywhere

• Like 1

If you think cycling is dying - your greatly mistaken

come to Pembrokeshire (we host the Ironman series) - there are cyclists everywhere

I'm wondering if Bobby meant it as to do cycling on the road is an activity you will die doing, rather than that cycling on the road is a dying past time. :shrug:

Of course big organised events are fine. I mean as a recreational activity. As it happens I used to road race my bike, but I did feel like its days were numbered and it was destined to move to purpose built circuits due to the number of cars encountered during road racing.

Hang on, this has nout to do with cycling unless the guy was cycling on the wrong side of then road then any traffic coming the other way would have been hit head on and the outcome could have been possibly even worse.

There is no way cyclings dying out if anything its boom time. If anything I'd say drivings probably having a harder time of it.

• Like 1

The Cyclist did nothing wrong at all... Correct side of the road and was wearing bright clothes.

Why the oncoming driver swerved I've no idea. No hazards in the road from what I could see so can only assume he lost concentration or had a medical / mechanical problem. I don't think he even tried to brake.

Woke up at about 4.30 today and I found myself just going over and over it in my head :-(

Not good commander but I would expect that you will do that quite a bit for a while, just good to know that you were able and willing to help and not just drive on as many others would have done! Well done buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Credit to you Commander for the action you took, and hope the cyclist fully recovers. Not the greatest start towards enjoying the Tuscan.

No indication from the Golf driver or others on the scene, as to why he swerved?

The Cyclist did nothing wrong at all... Correct side of the road and was wearing bright clothes.

Why the oncoming driver swerved I've no idea. No hazards in the road from what I could see so can only assume he lost concentration or had a medical / mechanical problem. I don't think he even tried to brake.

Woke up at about 4.30 today and I found myself just going over and over it in my head :-(

Sounds horrific, hope it gets sorted and you don't end up having to go to court as a witness.

I've replaced my cycling with swimming these days.....Have had a few too many close calls in the past :(.

wonder if the curse of mobile phone strikes again ? Plod will no doubt be checking. Well done for assisting the cyclist, used to to a lot of road miles myself but just got to dangerous. Some drivers really do get sick pleasure seeing how close they can get to you.

• Like 1

I did think the same thing when I saw the title change - thought the TVR was involved!

Hope said cyclist makes a speedy recovery - just goes to show that first aid training does come in very handy.

Right... back on topic!

I indulged in some retail therapy last night, seeing as I was feeling a bit sad and all.

New straight-through exhaust cans arrive tomorrow, so it should soon start sounding a lot more epic than it does currently. I will post video / audio for you all next weekend.

A new boot-strut arrives Wednesday so I don't have to hold the boot open every time I open it... Makes filling it with petrol tricky!

A new service-bonnet release cable arrives Wednesday, so I can actually check the oil without getting tools out.

• Like 3