TVR Tuscan - track day pics pg8

Commander

Such a shame tvr went pop, or some russian f****d it up. Such mad cars, I do hope we get to see some stuff like this in the future, that isnt priced into the stratosphere to entice the uber wealthy.

• Like 1

Such a shame tvr went pop, or some russian f****d it up. Such mad cars, I do hope we get to see some stuff like this in the future, that isnt priced into the stratosphere to entice the uber wealthy.

You know its coming back right? B)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-35775158

My mate has just sold his gtr

He has his deposit down on the new one

Cheers everybody. Just wish it'd stop raining so I can stretch its legs! (Yes, I'm too scared to drive it in the wet)

Somebody asked for an engine-bay picture...

0B3FAC68-93EA-4968-974C-B65E8C8F1804.jpg

Beautiful mate congratulations

Keep it nice for next summer this one has left already lol

• Like 2

Right now I am so jealous. :scare: The TVR brand really takes what is great about driving to factor 10 in everything. In an age full of ABS, driver aids, TC, PSM, PDSM etc etc etc TVR's are back to what make a great car, and that is the driver.

I hired a Sagaris 18 months ago for my wedding, had it for 4 days, did 498 miles in it and have to be honest it was one of the most rewarding experiences I had. (Only issue was hiring it during a wedding was a bit annoying as there were times where all I wanted to do was go for a drive! Hindu weddings last a whole weekend!!)

TVR's are hardwork, you are on edge all the time, constantly tuned into what the car is doing, what your inputs are and in the back of your head will it spontaneously combust! :lol:

But after a few hundred miles all the hardwork was making sense, grip, pedal feel, steering, sound, torque, pedal position all just seemed to work brilliantly.

I only had 4 days with the Sagaris, but fell in love with the raw driving experience. You are going to love the Tuscan,(really like the purple colour too) always have wanted one of these since watching Swordfish. I am sure you will fall in love with this car from not only the looks but the quirks and soul it has. :wub: Genuinely is difficult to find this in cars nowadays.

Few pictures of the Sagaris (hope you dont mind)

Love how low it is

uzh5KHO.jpg

iTD1qoV.jpg

mtFRAob.jpg

And me . .

fOs5GrD.jpg

Enjoy the Tuscan, please keep us all updated regularly (as most us would love to own one but don't have the balls to buy one) :lol:

• Like 9

Well, my first Sunday blast didn't go to plan at all :-(

Did 30-ish miles between Wantage and Streatley all fine, roof off, glorious engine notes from our three cars, the sun is out, happy days! This is EXACTLY why I bought the car :-)

But...

On my way home, approaching a cyclist from behind on a perfectly normal flat, straight dry bit of road, I'm about 20m behind him and a Golf coming the other way swerved across the road, hit the cyclist head on and the car finished on its side in a ditch to my left.

Fu*k!

Driver was conscious and uninjured but the cyclist was nowhere to be seen. Started thinking the worst and thought the cyclist was in the ditch under the car, I couldn't see him or his bike anywhere.

We heard a moan from the other side of the hedge - the impact had launched him about 20m from the collision point and over a 7ft hedge in to a field. His bike had snapped in half. The hedge was impenetrable and no gates to be seen anywhere so I climbed on to the crashed car and jumped the hedge to gain access.

He was conscious but incoherent, fairly unresponsive and in a lot of pain. I kept him still and tried to get details from him while we waited for the medics. No obvious head injuries but broke both bones in his right forearm along with a big bloody open wound, similar to his pelvis too - both quite bloody - and various other cuts and grazes across his body.

Police, fire, ambulance & helicopter all attended, and pretty quickly too. They were excellent and we helped out where we could.

I reckon it took about an hour from us calling 999 to him departing in the chopper. Medics were with us for about 45minutes of that.

Sounds like the cyclist will survive.

As for me, think I'm in shock about it all really.

Drive carefully people, and get yourself some first aid training - you never know when it will come in useful. Having just looked it up - Red Cross and St John's Ambulance both do Emergency First Aid courses for less than a tank of petrol.

Jesus, what a horrific thing to witness, well done for staying with the cyclist throughout, fingers crossed he pulls through.

Did the Golf driver have any reason for swerving across?

If EVERYONE surrounding you didn't suddenly break out into full dance lasting an hour, for no reason at all (like in any Indian film) then I call fake wedding :p

Gorgeous car!

I'm amazed the cyclist wasn't killed instantly. Poor guy. Hope he's ok.

Edited by TT350

We heard a moan from the other side of the hedge - the impact had launched him about 20m from the collision point and over a 7ft hedge in to a field. His bike had snapped in half.

Completely inappropriate but I cant be the only one who found the thought of a cyclist doing superman for 20m and over a 7ft hedge quite funny? :lol:

On a serious side, I hope the guy makes a quick recovery, ive done the superman a couple of times, on motorbikes mind, so know what its like. :thumbs:

• Like 2

We heard a moan from the other side of the hedge - the impact had launched him about 20m from the collision point and over a 7ft hedge in to a field. His bike had snapped in half.

Completely inappropriate but I cant be the only one who found the thought of a cyclist doing superman for 20m and over a 7ft hedge quite funny? :lol:

On a serious side, I hope the guy makes a quick recovery, ive done the superman a couple of times, on motorbikes mind, so know what its like. :thumbs:

Organ donor. Bikes. It's not if, it's when.