What is your best "just because" purchase?

AliveBoy

It has to be something you bought for no reason other than it made you smile.

Rules:

It has to be NON-CAR related!

It has to be NON-PET related!

It can be anything else you like,

It can be expensive,

It can be cheap,

Prices do NOT have to be disclosed, but they can be if you wish.

Well, we all know that if you're on here you probably love cars, we have a pet thread, so I thought we could see each others weird and wonderful hobbies :)

I'm hoping for guitars, drum kits, comic memorabilia, weird toys and so on :lol:

Had it quite a few years now but probably my boat because it gives me hours/days of fun and lots of free holidays :)171ff515026222004720d09388df6912.jpg

Me and my dad used to own sane style boat as that! Had it on the river lark I think it was called in isleham near ely! Loved it as a weekend getaway!

• Like 1

Had it quite a few years now but probably my boat because it gives me hours/days of fun and lots of free holidays :)

Me and my dad used to own sane style boat as that! Had it on the river lark I think it was called in isleham near ely! Loved it as a weekend getaway!

We lived on it for 4 months last year when I sold my house. Lucky I'd got it really :lol:

• Like 1

I bought a Yamaha tuner amp off a mate of mine, 60w per channel and state of the art in 1980. Paid him £200 for it and I know he paid £350 just a few months before. Used it every day until 2006 when it developed a dry joint. Didn't have £200 at the time as I was at British Steel who were on strike and even though I worked through most of the strike on safety work I didn't get paid for 4 months :surrender: . Simple solution, sold the wife's Mini for £200 and she used my Datsun Cherry until we could afford another car :) .

Pete

I love music especially when I'm doing the daily commute. Sound quality is a big thing for me. Recently treated myself to one of these....

http://www.ea-audio.co.uk/fiio_x7.html

And a set of these.....

http://www.shure.co....earphones/se846

Absolute bliss. Never would have believed music could so sound good from a portable device. :)

Edited by sipar69

It has to be something you bought for no reason other than it made you smile.

Rules:

It has to be NON-CAR related!

It has to be NON-PET related!

It can be anything else you like,

It can be expensive,

It can be cheap,

Prices do NOT have to be disclosed, but they can be if you wish.

Where is the pet thread? 👀

• Like 2

One of my best just because purchases was a present to myself when I got a new job about 4+ years ago. I passed a gunshop whilst out with my Mrs and decided to buy a "Cybergun Co2 Mini Uzi" as below...

Cybergun+Mini+UZU+560.jpg?token=EuTQ7A4rSlQfQDjrdgEf5oAbi0I%3D

It's basically a 4.5mm BB firing airgun but uses CO2 cartridges to power it so you don't need to hand c*ck it for each shot. Blow back action too so feels pretty good when firing it. :teeth:

Yes it's totally useless for anything other than shooting BB's at paper targets or cans but it's a lot of fun & without doubt a "just because" purchase. :thumbs:

• Like 5

Shoes, hats and a VR headset :teeth:

Which VR? Going to be getting one eventually. But I'm more than likely to wait for the next Gen of VR's

I bought a chinese knock off :) For £20 its brilliant, just need a bit more space on my phone :ninja:

Shoes - lots of them! (sorry but what did you expect? :lol: )

I am male and can understand this. Love a good suede loafer at the moment. People in the UK just don't get it and ask me if I am wearing slippers all the time!