What is your best "just because" purchase?

AliveBoy

Either my Cobain Mustang, or my replica ST:TNG Type 2 phaser.

I still regret not buying the 7ft tall Alien replica I saw in the US about 15 years ago. So should've just put it on the card and been done with it.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 2

One of my best just because purchases was a present to myself when I got a new job about 4+ years ago. I passed a gunshop whilst out with my Mrs and decided to buy a "Cybergun Co2 Mini Uzi" as below...

Cybergun+Mini+UZU+560.jpg?token=EuTQ7A4rSlQfQDjrdgEf5oAbi0I%3D

It's basically a 4.5mm BB firing airgun but uses CO2 cartridges to power it so you don't need to hand c*ck it for each shot. Blow back action too so feels pretty good when firing it. :teeth:

Yes it's totally useless for anything other than shooting BB's at paper targets or cans but it's a lot of fun & without doubt a "just because" purchase. :thumbs:

I bought something similar to try to keep the pigeons out of the garden ... not as powerful though

I still regret not buying the 7ft tall Alien replica I saw in the US about 15 years ago. So should've just put it on the card and been done with it.

Set phasers to "holy sh!t why the frap didn't you buy the xenomorph!?"

It's on my to do list. I'll mount my M41A above it in my Alien themed room complete with hatched egg in the corner and flashing yellow strobe lighting and Aliens style grating on the floor and...

Calming down.

Set phasers to "holy sh!t why the frap didn't you buy the xenomorph!?"

It's on my to do list. I'll mount my M41A above it in my Alien themed room complete with hatched egg in the corner and flashing yellow strobe lighting and Aliens style grating on the floor and...

I know, I hate myself for it :(

Basically I was still living at home and so it would've had to go in my bedroom which wasn't that big in the first place, plus at the time it would've been the equivalent of 6 months wages which was a bit excessive! Still, should've got it, you're right.

Hmm, I have a habit of somehow justifying a new gaming PC quite often, or expensive upgrades to it. Then I'll get stuck into an indie game for a month that I could have played on a shitty laptop :blush: Currently feeling an extreme pull towards ordering the HTC Vive

Edited by Husky
  • Like 2

Hmm, I have a habit of somehow justifying a new gaming PC quite often, or expensive upgrades to it. Then I'll get stuck into an indie game for a month that I could have played on a shitty laptop :blush: Currently feeling an extreme pull towards ordering the HTC Vive

You're not the only one who does this bud :lol: My CPU fan was annoying me....So I upgraded my entire system to water cooled :lol:
  • Like 1

Time for me to share :lol:

First is my Captain America hoodie that is the genuine marvel, not a cheap copy! Random photo :lol:

11082499_10153198034823879_499190814220112172_n.jpg?oh=fb455439a74b749313325b5a71527b85&oe=57812571

And I bought an aluminium Captain America shield which is SOOOOOO cool! It's pretty heavy and lives on the wall, although I did use it for a fancy dress party in October :lol:

12994299_10154079341743879_1866785903714146753_n.jpg?oh=cad762d1bc9d152884c60b54384ed11c&oe=57BDC32C

• Like 2