Blown up 350Z! :(

Wicksaay

You need to find out EXACTLY what the engine failure is before you can accuse the vendor of participating in anything that contributed to that failure!

JESUS. :surrender:

It doesnt matter what the problem is, under consumer rights you can return the car and get a full refund. Unless you want a car with an engine rebuilt by someone who doesnt car much for his customers, of course, in which case you can return it, wait 2 months and potentially go through the whole saga again.

You need to find out EXACTLY what the engine failure is before you can accuse the vendor of participating in anything that contributed to that failure!

It doesnt matter what the problem is, under consumer rights you can return the car and get a full refund. Unless you want a car with an engine rebuilt by someone who doesnt car much for his customers, of course, in which case you can return it, wait 2 months and potentially go through the whole saga again.

Not if you have overfilled it with oil yourself causing the failure you can't! :blush:

Its a bottom end knock, i had been out in the car, not seen any warnings what so ever! got home, turned that car off, collected some stuff from home then went back out to the car and it wouldnt start.... so i then had a mate take me to the garage to get oil to put in it, put the oil in, and it started... got halfway to my girlfriends house and relised it was knocking... since then its not been driven at all..

Low on oil should not stop the car from starting.

How much oil did you put in ?

What brand and grade of oil did you add ?

What is the oil position showing on the dip stick now ?

This is weird as you say the oil light did not come on

• Like 1

they are generally shysters and have zero responsibility towards the consumer.

No mate, they are generally businesspeople who are subject to very tight legislation that protects their customers. The people that buy broken cars from them and then fail to follow the proper channels have only got themselves to blame.

Maybe so, would be better if they just took responsibility for what they sell rather than having to involve trading standards or whatever.

Hope you get it sorted, but ALWAYS check stuff and take someone with you that knows what there doing and get EVERYTHING in writing on whats being agreed. Even taking delivery of a car you should be checking again. Hope it turns out well!

Ill keep you guys posted, i have drafted my letter and im ready to post it! - its just being read over by the solicitor to make sue all wording is correct and ill slam it in the post as recorded delivery and see where it goes from there! (y)

You mean special delivery :lol:

• Like 2

You are doing all you can . Its up to you to prove the car had a fault on it prior to you buying it .

wrong! it's up to the seller to prove that there is no fault when they sold it, you don't have to prove anything

edit: within the first 6m. SOGA

Edited by Tom-89

You are doing all you can . Its up to you to prove the car had a fault on it prior to you buying it .

wrong! it's up to the seller to prove that there is no fault when they sold it, you don't have to prove anything

Wrong. SOGA no longer applies.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

http://www.which.co....le-of-goods-act

Rule stays the same although you're very correct, SOGA no longer applies

"If you discover the fault within the first six months from delivery, it is presumed to have been there from the time of delivery - unless the retailer can prove otherwise"

Sorry Boys, been hectic trying to get things sorted!!

I sent the guy a letter along with a report from a local garage. i rejected the car under the new consumer rights act. as advised by my solicitor. The guy at the garage is not letting me do this and has now handed the case over to 'Lawgistics' Who will apparently take it from here.

Ill keep you guys posted as much as i can! - obviously im sure you know im in a bit of a comprimising position at the moment!

(y)

No. This has nothing to do with them and all to do with you. Start a claim today, no need to wait for anything else.

They may well advise him that he needs to cough up, but regardless he's not going to do anything until court papers drop on his doorstep.

• Like 1