So Annoyed & Disgusted in some Low Life Traders!!

Easty

With out knowing the in's and outs of what's going on here I bet I can guess what has actually happened.... (And this is from my own view point of running my own business)

Trader doesn't necessarily deal with the supplier but does have prices and terms from them........ Trader/s sees the group buy and think "hang on those prices are way below what we've been quoted to stick their products"...... Trader phones up supplier and asks to know how on earth can a member of the public buy 10 of these cheaper than he's been quoted for stocking....... Result.. Supplier has total egg on their face.

That sounds plausible. If I were a trader I would be a bit peed off too if couldn't buy 10 packs for £65 but a MOTP could

Well, that rules out Tarmac, so Dan, perhaps you were adding 2+2=5 as smd says.

Tarmac recently ran a group buy on the same brake lines !

It was clearly obvious SMD was blaming Tarmac.

Just SMD was wrong and should retract his posts.

• Like 1

Well who was the trader ? Would be nice off them to pop along and clear this up really .

Well Iv got a feeling even if they don't pop up and say there bit and explain why they want to screw the members over so the can make a few extra Quid and destroy a One off Deal just because they have nothing better to do with there time that in a few weeks/months whenever they will start doing deals on Goodridge stuff...... So I'll just wait for that then it will show which Traders are only out for themselves and not the real people who make this forum!!

A lot of negativity in this forum lately.... :surrender:

It's mid-week Wednesday hump day...

Everyone is turning against each other, letting off steam and airing views.

An interesting read nonetheless :snack:

Haha I was in a good mood before I found this out this morning, it's the beginning of my weekend today 😆

Well who was the trader ? Would be nice off them to pop along and clear this up really .

Well Iv got a feeling even if they don't pop up and say there bit and explain why they want to screw the members over so the can make a few extra Quid and destroy a One off Deal just because they have nothing better to do with there time that in a few weeks/months whenever they will start doing deals on Goodridge stuff...... So I'll just wait for that then it will show which Traders are only out for themselves and not the real people who make this forum!!

Your Rant is making no sense.

Try using some punctuation.

What exactly was said between you and goodridge? As you first stated that the trader who 'shall not be named' on here don't deal with them, however nearly all traders on this forum do...

• Like 1

Basically I asked if the trader/traders sell any of the 350z and 370z lines, I was told No they didn't.

I don't know if they deal with Goodridge or not, I just got told they didn't sell the 350 or 370 stuff.....

He wouldn't tell me who it was or give me any names but he told me it was a number of traders off the forum and they had been complaining and causing lots of hassle because I was doing a group buy.

From what it sounded like they wanted to do a deal but it would be more expensive because they would want to take these cut out of it....

Even to the point where they ask if he would sell them the lines and get me to buy it via them but it wouldn't be anywhere near the price I got quoted for them.

Does that help.

What exactly was said between you and goodridge? As you first stated that the trader who 'shall not be named' on here don't deal with them, however nearly all traders on this forum do...

Matt: Re-reading Easty's posts (and the thread heading) he comments about multiple traders, not just one, and it is others who have introduced the singular reference........

Not taking any sides, just pointing out what the OP has been saying.

Basically I asked if the trader/traders sell any of the 350z and 370z lines, I was told No they didn't.

I don't know if they deal with Goodridge or not, I just got told they didn't sell the 350 or 370 stuff.....

He wouldn't tell me who it was or give me any names but he told me it was a number of traders off the forum and they had been complaining and causing lots of hassle because I was doing a group buy.

From what it sounded like they wanted to do a deal but it would be more expensive because they would want to take these cut out of it....

Even to the point where they ask if he would sell them the lines and get me to buy it via them but it wouldn't be anywhere near the price I got quoted for them.

Does that help.

Not really :lol:

How do you know Goodridge decided they didn't want to sell them for X amount, and decided to use that as an excuse?

Matt: Re-reading Easty's posts (and the thread heading) he comments about multiple traders, not just one, and it is others who have introduced the singular reference........

Not taking any sides, just pointing out what the OP has been saying.

There just seem to be multiple posts popping up saying different stories. Feel like a lot of key information is missing to start a witch hunt.

Feel free to name it here, although we all know who it is :)

Apparently trader"s" according to the op, but you say its only one, do you know something we dont or just randomly pointing fingers?

Everyone is asking the op to name and shame, but if you "know" and are going to fling out comments like that, why not say?

• Like 2

Regardless of who the 'Traders' are that are involved, if you have a written contract (email/text etc) with Goodridge for this deal, surely they are hard pressed to go back on it??

I don't believe in airing woes with any traders like this this though, its something that should have been addressed in private before bringing it to the forum,

Must be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if Goodridge are just looking for a way to back out of the deal as it's not profitable for them and claiming that traders having a dig at them is the reason. I could of course be wrong but if they are not naming names then there is no actual proof that any trader is poo flinging.

There a large company, I have nothing over them they could just say no sod off......

But instead they still said if I can get 10 they would do it at £75.....

If they didn't want to sell the kits for that they wouldn't!! Simple....

Anyway up to 6 people so just need another 4 😆

This is a good 'un, not seen one like this for ages.

If it's your business, not a bit on the side I can see why you might be peturbed by an undercut, but to complain for a one off seems a bit strong. If you did a few of them, he/she/it/they might have a point.

Stick £1 on top of each set of lines and become a member trader? It'll cover the cost to you and put the whole thing to bed in one go.

Edited by SuperStu