My Zed gone :(

Tuga86

Come on guys, was he being a prick or not, just say what you mean :p

Posting on the internet saying I was speeding down a residential road in the wet and totaled my car....What was he expecting, round of applause and a medal?
  • Like 4

I'm sorry dude. I know you have received some stick for this but clearly you have learnt your lesson with no injuries etc. I've been lucky and just had a few near misses when I've run out of talent and learnt my lesson. I always drive with the TC on unless I'm on a trackday with big run offs etc. Anyway hope you find a new Z soon.

Really sad to see this happen to anyone. You've received a lot of flak from posting this up (some relevant and some just out of order as there's a way to talk to someone without sounding condescending yourself which i don't agree with).

You've made a mistake, owned up to it - lets just hope matters get sorted for you and the main thing is you're still alive to see another day.

Best of luck with the next zed venture and I'm sure you'll remember this day!

• Like 3

Come on guys, was he being a prick or not, just say what you mean :p

Posting on the internet saying I was speeding down a residential road in the wet and totaled my car....What was he expecting, round of applause and a medal?

you missed the joke there, meaning, it was pretty well trodden ground and hammered home. Someone said he was a prick, ok, so he's a prick, how long do you want to ride that pony?

Edited by Rock_Steady

In case anyone remains interested, I wasn't having a laugh, my car shook itself left and right several times in 6th gear with TC on and wearing MPSS all round with no provocation in the rain. it was going downhill so possibly removed a little of the weight over the rear wheels but it certainly happened. There were skidmarks....

In case anyone remains interested, I wasn't having a laugh, my car shook itself left and right several times in 6th gear with TC on and wearing MPSS all round with no provocation in the rain. it was going downhill so possibly removed a little of the weight over the rear wheels but it certainly happened. There were skidmarks....

Some good going that. Yeah the weight will shift to the front. Rear might have lifted briefly but then how we're you leaving skid marks if their wasn't really enough weight over the rears to keep enough contact with the road to take rubber off your tyres. Especially with water between the tyres and asphalt.

Did you get out and check for the skidmarks?

Just curious.

I've been lucky and just had a few near misses when I've run out of talent and learnt my lesson.

Me too, I used to drive pretty fast in my younger days, thing was though the sports cars I had only had like 90 bhp.

Pete

:lol: I don't even know where to start with that.

I did more crazy stuff in my 60hp Clio than my Z lol.

With that kind of power, well lack of, overtaking had to be a meticulously planned event well in advance and once in overtaking mode you were committed. Lol. 15 seconds to overtake one care lol.

Ohhhh those were the days. 99.....99......99......100!!!!! WOOOOOOO!

• Like 2

Some good going that. Yeah the weight will shift to the front. Rear might have lifted briefly but then how we're you leaving skid marks if their wasn't really enough weight over the rears to keep enough contact with the road to take rubber off your tyres. Especially with water between the tyres and asphalt.

Did you get out and check for the skidmarks?

Just curious.

I think the skidmarks he was referring to were brown in colour and difficult to get out in the wash... ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell, when I started reading this thread I didn't realise what I was getting myself in for.

Any who glad you're alright, shame about the car, everyone makes mistakes but it helps if we can limit those mistakes to places without lamp posts or other roadside furniture

Edit: or people can't forgot the people.

Good luck sorting out a new Zed!

Edited by Oggieteepo