My Zed gone :(

Tuga86

One of the worst days of my life, Last night i had an accident n my Zed dont have salvation, slippery road helped, im still in shock, hard to believe but unfortunatly is the reality, didnt had the chance to attend any Zed meets n now wont be able, hard time but will get through it

Edited by Tuga86

Hope you are OK- You can always get another Zed

What happened ?

True, i am ok, no phsical damage, it spinned from the rear as i had the TCS off, i was in 3rd gear n pressed hard i guess but as it was on a straight line it spinned n totaly lost control of it, i Hit first the sidewalk n after my rear hit a lamp post n completly destroyed my back.

Ill try to get another one definetly, this was a lesson.

Enviado do meu SM-G925F através de Tapatalk

Glad you escape this unhurt mate!! Gutted for you! You can always get another zed but lessons learned, don't press the magic button when its wet.

Or drive like a tool in general... the "magic button" won't always save people.

• Like 3

Cheers buddies, yeah the exhaust i can still use it, 1 week of use only, about the speed i dont know as i didnt check plus i wasnt expecting such a kick from it, i did similar on the same condition b4 but never did like this but thats right, im ok no injuries n when ill get another one i will have the TCS on, better play safe definetly..

Sorry to see this , but glad your ok .

Hard in 3rd ? That's 70-90 mph then . I say you were very lucky on a few accounts .

That's top end of 3rd. Would of more than likely been 50ish as the incident would arrive from delivering the power down too quickly in the wet.
  • Like 1

also just wondering what tyres were on it? a zed needs decent boots on to get the most out of it - be worth checking what tyres your next zed has :)

On this one i was using 235/35/19 Front and rear, i know should be wider on the bk but it came with those ones n they were in great shape still, the brand of them was starting with an A but dont remember exactly, not the best though.

If it's any consolation, I wrote off my first 350Z after a mere 3 days.

Poor tyres (low on tread, old and cracked - i used this a leverage during the deal), unfamiliar car, first rear wheel drive car and wet conditions all also contributed. To add salt to the wound I was collecting 4 brand new Eagle F1s the following morning! I wasn't going fast, I had only pulled out of a junction and had binned it about 100 yards down the road, if there wasn't a nice big wall to help me come to a stop then I'd have more than likely spun and drove off.

The days following I felt utterly stupid, as if I'd made an example of myself and just gone to prove that young guys can't have fast cars. There I was a few days previous showing off my new car and now it's scrap metal. I thought I'd never get another one as I'm only 20 and surely my insurance would be through the roof. Fast forward 6 weeks, managed to get my money back on the car and some, insurance hasn't even doubled, and I went and collected my 2nd Zed on Saturday past.

I learned a very hard and very expensive lesson, but it could've been much, much worse upon reflection. My ego was severely bruised and I was car-less for 6 weeks, but I can now look back and realise I was just lucky to have walked away unscathed, got my money back, and got another one!

Things will work out for you - if you want another Zed then you will get one! :)

Edited by Puffmac
  • Like 3

Sorry to see this , but glad your ok .

Hard in 3rd ? That's 70-90 mph then . I say you were very lucky on a few accounts .

Was not at that speed, was btw 4 or 5k rpm when i kicked hard n spinned hard, still hard to believe this happened lol.

• Like 1

did/do you declare all of your mods?

Didnt declare the mods, didnt had many anyway, was planning to get HFC'S n plenum spacer next month, now have been cancelled, had a lot of plans for it, now just hope the Insurance gets it done quickly n hope it doesnt double on the Insurance for the next one.

If it's any consolation, I wrote off my first 350Z after a mere 3 days.

Poor tyres (low on tread, old and cracked - i used this a leverage during the deal), unfamiliar car, first rear wheel drive car and wet conditions all also contributed. To add salt to the wound I was collecting 4 brand new Eagle F1s the following morning! I wasn't going fast, I had only pulled out of a junction and had binned it about 100 yards down the road, if there wasn't a nice big wall to help me come to a stop then I'd have more than likely spun and drove off.

The days following I felt utterly stupid, as if I'd made an example of myself and just gone to prove that young guys can't have fast cars. There I was a few days previous showing off my new car and now it's scrap metal. I thought I'd never get another one as I'm only 20 and surely my insurance would be through the roof. Fast forward 6 weeks, managed to get my money back on the car and some, insurance hasn't even doubled, and I went and collected my 2nd Zed on Saturday past.

I learned a very hard and very expensive lesson, but it could've been much, much worse upon reflection. My ego was severely bruised and I was car-less for 6 weeks, but I can now look back and realise I was just lucky to have walked away unscathed, got my money back, and got another one!

Things will work out for you - if you want another Zed then you will get one! :)

Well a bit at least mate but always hard like u know pretty well, like u say hope everything goes well n i get another one soon, maybe on time to go to the Ace cafe meet.