My Zed gone :(

Tuga86

Spinning the wheels up in third gear even in the wet on a straight bit of road does not ring true to me, at lease not so violently that you have no time to react. You can spin the wheels in third in the wet if you rev it and dump the clutch or stamp on the throttle on a wet greasy road but you have to do it on purpose.

Have to disagree with this. I picked my Zed up a few weeks ago and when driving back on a straight dual carriageway at the appropriate speed, in rain, in 6th gear and with traction turned on, I slowed to about 55 due to a car ahead. When he moved over I gently accelerated back up the cruise speed and fish tailed left and right 3 or 4 times before I got it straight. Completely took me by surprise. It wasn't provoked at all but I suspect either greasy roads or possibly a fuel spillage perhaps? Either way, while I caught it, it could easily have spun and caused an accident. No clutch dumping was required to get it spinning

Spinning the wheels up in third gear even in the wet on a straight bit of road does not ring true to me, at lease not so violently that you have no time to react. You can spin the wheels in third in the wet if you rev it and dump the clutch or stamp on the throttle on a wet greasy road but you have to do it on purpose.

Have to disagree with this. I picked my Zed up a few weeks ago and when driving back on a straight dual carriageway at the appropriate speed, in rain, in 6th gear and with traction turned on, I slowed to about 55 due to a car ahead. When he moved over I gently accelerated back up the cruise speed and fish tailed left and right 3 or 4 times before I got it straight. Completely took me by surprise. It wasn't provoked at all but I suspect either greasy roads or possibly a fuel spillage perhaps? Either way, while I caught it, it could easily have spun and caused an accident. No clutch dumping was required to get it spinning

Wonder what that's all about. I've never had my Z fishtail without provoking it. And certainly not with TC on. Even in the wet. And that's with forced induction too.

I can get it right out of shape if I want to and slide all day long but I dint see how it's loss of traction can be so unexpected if you're not giving it the beans. Or like you say, oil on road etc.

• Like 1

Wait, who's this guy "Impressed"? :lol:

Don't think he's "impressed" anyone. :dry::teeth:

I'm certainly not impressed

I'm very impressed, such a big mouth for someone with such a low posts count :lol: :lol:

If he had an impressive post count like other forum elders, maybe the post would of impressed more forum users... (One too many?) :lol:

• Like 1

Wonder what that's all about. I've never had my Z fishtail without provoking it. And certainly not with TC on. Even in the wet. And that's with forced induction too.

I can get it right out of shape if I want to and slide all day long but I dint see how it's loss of traction can be so unexpected if you're not giving it the beans. Or like you say, oil on road etc.

Agreed. I assume Jay Kay was having a laugh.

As said earlier the OP was obviously being a pr!ck.

As for the rest of you do you not see the problem behaving like this on a 30mph public road.

I would suggest to the OP that as there has not been anyone killed he deletes the incriminating evidence from this thread.

I am especially disappointed at a reputable trader not taking this behaviour seriously.

So sad I may sell the Z and get a Tesla to get on a more responsible forum.

• Like 1

To be fair, that is an impressive post :lol:

+1 How do you get the car to fish tail in 6th at 50?

Agreed. I assume Jay Kay was having a laugh.

As said earlier the OP was obviously being a pr!ck.

As for the rest of you do you not see the problem behaving like this on a 30mph public road.

I would suggest to the OP that as there has not been anyone killed he deletes the incriminating evidence from this thread.

I am especially disappointed at a reputable trader not taking this behaviour seriously.

Buddy, if we would take each other seriously on this forum, it would be carnage when we meet in real life! :lol:

This is not POLICE or CROWN PROSECUTION SERVICE, but if you are a member of the authorities, please take action as you might see suitable. If not, cool down a little, life is sooooooo damn short, you're fighting the wrong war :)

Edited by octet@TORQEN

I am not the police or any authority but I do find driving like this on a pubic road unacceptable.

What does my post count matter? That just means I reply to the threads I feel I want to. Not every thread that may provoke a sale.

It comes with age and experience to see w@nker driving when I see it. Especially when it is described in such detail.

You are fighting the wrong war. Try explaining to a parent that their child has been killed due to some knob in a fast car.

I do expect to be banned for this but.

"you and many others on here are just immature boy racers with no conscience"

And as for selling the Z to the OP I would rather crush it into a cube..

Bring on the Tesla.

Dont bother correcting my spelling / grammar etc. I am dyslexic.

Edited by Impressed
  • Like 1

Crikey 235/35/19 at the back, should be 275. Adding ESP off with that is a recipe for disaster. I am glad I now use Goodyear F1s as I have fishtailed like Jaws once before with Falken FK452s which was my lesson. Glad there were no injuries.

Edited by Exotic

I am not the police or any authority but I do find driving like this on a pubic road unacceptable.

What does my post count matter? That just means I reply to the threads I feel I want to. Not every thread that may provoke a sale.

It comes with age and experience to see w@nker driving when I see it. Especially when it is described in such detail.

You are fighting the wrong war. Try explaining to a parent that their child has been killed due to some knob in a fast car.

I do expect to be banned for this but.

"you and many others on here are just immature boy racers with no conscience"

And as for selling the Z to the OP I would rather crush it into a cube..

Bring on the Tesla.

Dont bother correcting my spelling / grammar etc. I am dyslexic.

Wow this didn't take long to escalate, The OP has admitted a number of wrong doings that have probably been the cause of his unfortunate accident, poor driving standard, lack of experience & bad car setup. But to be fair he is being a brave guy & sharing his c*** up publicly,

This is supposed to be a forum for like minded enthusiasts, where we help each other out with both good & bad experiences with the cars were enthusiastic about. Are you PC Power? & it's 'BOI Racers innit bruv'. Maybe you should skip the tesla forums & join the prius ones ;)

Try a cup of camomile tea, seriously, it will help you calm down a bit, then we can open a thread about Tesla, a lot of guys in here are very keen to get one, with some very envious!

You are a laugh.

Anything to show off your sig. Good advertising that.

I can see you are trying hard as your time is limited. Tesla is the future.

I am being a prick now just thought I would wind you up a bit.

Try a cup of camomile tea, seriously, it will help you calm down a bit, then we can open a thread about Tesla, a lot of guys in here are very keen to get one, with some very envious!

You are a laugh.

hahaha why would you even say that? if he wanted to show off his sig I think he would post up a new Torqen product :headbang: & if you think you are winding him up, your probably winding yourself up as no doubt he is laughing at how much of a foolish post you have just made :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

So in short:

In a relatively new car

Crap weather conditions

TCS off

Speeding? At the very least massively inappropriate speed for the road

Accelerating hard

Cheap tyres on

Same size tyres all round on

Didn't declare the mods so possibly uninsured

Tbh, sometimes I'm a little harsh with people on here over relatively trivial things. However, in this case, I'm fairly comfortable in making the assumption that you're an absolute, cast-iron, weapons grade muppet. I'll stop short of wishing you harm as that's not nice, but you could've caused someone else some serious damage by driving like that. Try and have a little common sense next time, you're damn lucky to still be on this planet and not in a morgue or a police station.

Four years old, still worth a read in my humble opinion

Harsh but fair I suppose dan

My girlfriend was driving my car on Sunday and gave it a boot full of an island in 3rd in the rain! When I had told her to just sit back and chill enjoy the drive! As it was wet

She had the tail waging with the MPSS on

needless to say she is now banned she pi**ed on her chips when it comes to driving the z

You need to treat these cars your life and all around you with respect

Op I hope you get another and keep her on the tarmac. Best of luck

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

You are a laugh.

hahaha why would you even say that? if he wanted to show off his sig I think he would post up a new Torqen product :headbang: & if you think you are winding him up, your probably winding yourself up as no doubt he is laughing at how much of a foolish post you have just made :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep you are right, Its just one of those threads that gets my back up when most people have sympathy for a very foolish act.

Back in my box now till the next one.

I was only joking about the Tesla, but I would if I could.

This thread was interesting. Glad that nobody was hurt and that lessons seem to have been learnt. I'm about to buy my first Z, and while I've some experience in RWD cars this kind of thread serves well to remind me of the potential dangers of carelessness. I am sure as heck not going near that TCS button on public roads!

FWIW, I was thinking about booking up a car control day in a month or so, to explore the Zed's handling on a wet circuit. OP, if you do decide to grab another Z maybe that would be a good idea? Not meaning to sound patronising, but if the car let go as you've described (modest speed and in a straight line) then I feel that perhaps a better / more experienced driver may have been able to control it. That in addition to the other advice already prescribed should help us to be both safer and better drivers.