My Zed gone :(

Tuga86

also just wondering what tyres were on it? a zed needs decent boots on to get the most out of it - be worth checking what tyres your next zed has :)

On this one i was using 235/35/19 Front and rear, i know should be wider on the bk but it came with those ones n they were in great shape still, the brand of them was starting with an A but dont remember exactly, not the best though.

Enviado do meu SM-G925F através de Tapatalk

ah that would explain why you had the TCS off! And yeah, theres only one half decent tyre brand beginning with A, which is Avon... my guess is you were running either Acceleras or Autogrips, maybe Achilles... which are living up to their ditchfinder nickname :(

do yourself a favour and make sure the next zed has the right sized tyres on it, and are a half decent brand, will feel soo much better and safer to drive, especially in the wet.

I had some Acceleras on one of my old cars, would quite happily wheelspin in 3rd when the torque kicked in, even though they had plenty of tread. quite alarming, replaced with some Falkens as soon as possible!

also just wondering what tyres were on it? a zed needs decent boots on to get the most out of it - be worth checking what tyres your next zed has :)

On this one i was using 235/35/19 Front and rear, i know should be wider on the bk but it came with those ones n they were in great shape still, the brand of them was starting with an A but dont remember exactly, not the best though.

ah that would explain why you had the TCS off! And yeah, theres only one half decent tyre brand beginning with A, which is Avon... my guess is you were running either Acceleras or Autogrips, maybe Achilles... which are living up to their ditchfinder nickname :(

do yourself a favour and make sure the next zed has the right sized tyres on it, and are a half decent brand, will feel soo much better and safer to drive, especially in the wet.

I had some Acceleras on one of my old cars, would quite happily wheelspin in 3rd when the torque kicked in, even though they had plenty of tread. quite alarming, replaced with some Falkens as soon as possible!

Yes, was Achilles the brand of them, ill make sure i have the right ones on the next one.

So in short:

In a relatively new car

Crap weather conditions

TCS off

Speeding? At the very least massively inappropriate speed for the road

Accelerating hard

Cheap tyres on

Same size tyres all round on

Didn't declare the mods so possibly uninsured

Tbh, sometimes I'm a little harsh with people on here over relatively trivial things. However, in this case, I'm fairly comfortable in making the assumption that you're an absolute, cast-iron, weapons grade muppet. I'll stop short of wishing you harm as that's not nice, but you could've caused someone else some serious damage by driving like that. Try and have a little common sense next time, you're damn lucky to still be on this planet and not in a morgue or a police station.

Four years old, still worth a read in my humble opinion

• Like 6

did/do you declare all of your mods?

Didnt declare the mods, didnt had many anyway, was planning to get HFC'S n plenum spacer next month, now have been cancelled, had a lot of plans for it, now just hope the Insurance gets it done quickly n hope it doesnt double on the Insurance for the next one.

from your picture there is at least new wheels and an exhaust on the car, which hasn't been declared.. is it just me or do you not think the insurance may have a problem with this? ..

.....er no , did a quote one of his many down grading songs about women then?

Almost, but not quite perfect :) Also the man is a legend!

He may well be a legend but for the wrong reasons in my book ! Every song I've heard is bitch this , bitch that , f&ck you and I hate my dad and mum etc

• Like 1

Who are you insured with? If it's Elephant or Admiral, they will re-instate a policy for a £100 fee once you replace the car. Then weirdly - subject to no more issues - they'll still give you a years no claims!

Im with Elephant n still i need to wait till tomorrow for them to review and then i can get a replacement vehicle but its weird as in the morning i talked with one of them n they said my policy was frozen n that i couldnt drive any other vehicle Unless they provide me one, after i called them n talked with another one n he Said only tomorrow ill have an answer but that i can drive a vehicle as my policy is still active.

Probably not much help now but a very useful safety device for the future is to find yourself a Mrs who gets in a flap whenever the speed starts to increase. Works wonders with me.

The only worthwhile thing you can do now is treat it as a very useful lesson, which could have cost a lot more than the price of a new car.

• Like 6

He may well be a legend but for the wrong reasons in my book ! Every song I've heard is bitch this , bitch that , f&ck you and I hate my dad and mum etc

Exactly, so unless you've heard his albums, songs which haven't been in the spot light, you'd understand how awesome he is for the right reasons.
  • Like 1

did/do you declare all of your mods?

Didnt declare the mods, didnt had many anyway, was planning to get HFC'S n plenum spacer next month, now have been cancelled, had a lot of plans for it, now just hope the Insurance gets it done quickly n hope it doesnt double on the Insurance for the next one.

from your picture there is at least new wheels and an exhaust on the car, which hasn't been declared.. is it just me or do you not think the insurance may have a problem with this? ..

The wheels came with the car n they were not in the best condition, though they r not OEM, yes the exhaust i fitted like 1 week ago but i took it home.

Exactly, so unless you've heard his albums, songs which haven't been in the spot light, you'd understand how awesome he is for the right reasons.

Also it was a D12 song.

Man I loved D12 back in my gangsta days!

• Like 1

Oh man so many ghetto gangsters on here now .......

Now where's my Tracy chapman and Paul Simons cd's gone ......

Anyway , where were we .... Oh yes

You naughty little mo fo , drive like a bitch die like a bitch

;)

Edited by Bodyboarder81

So in short:

In a relatively new car

Crap weather conditions

TCS off

Speeding? At the very least massively inappropriate speed for the road

Accelerating hard

Cheap tyres on

Same size tyres all round on

Didn't declare the mods so possibly uninsured

Tbh, sometimes I'm a little harsh with people on here over relatively trivial things. However, in this case, I'm fairly comfortable in making the assumption that you're an absolute, cast-iron, weapons grade muppet. I'll stop short of wishing you harm as that's not nice, but you could've caused someone else some serious damage by driving like that. Try and have a little common sense next time, you're damn lucky to still be on this planet and not in a morgue or a police station.

Four years old, still worth a read in my humble opinion

Well i assume u never made mistakes in your life congrats, ok the TCS should be on thats right but i passed so many bends n worse roads tonight n i didnt had any issues plus that was on a straight line, 5 min away from work, couldnt expect that but well is to late, regarding to speeding u might think i was going like 70/90 miles p/h when it wasnt, max 50 if i did as i didnt check, as i just pressed hard at that time n i was unlucky, ok they aint good tyres but still had good tread, u can think whatever u want but im not the type of driver u think i am, but not here to argue, have more things to worry about.

;)

Don't have to be a gangster to appreciate music :) For instance I like Tracy Chapman :)
  • Like 2

;)

Don't have to be a gangster to appreciate music :) For instance I like Tracy Chapman :)

You got a fast car

Is it fast enough so you can fly away?

You gotta make a decision

Leave tonight or live and die this way

• Like 2

Glad your ok

But why did you make the decision to switch the traction off In The wet?? It's properly wet too at the moment.

You live and learn I guess.

Don't do it again you naughty boy

Basically i always was driving with the TCS off, never used it on, was just normal to use it off no matter what the weather was but now regret.

Probably not much help now but a very useful safety device for the future is to find yourself a Mrs who gets in a flap whenever the speed starts to increase. Works wonders with me.

The only worthwhile thing you can do now is treat it as a very useful lesson, which could have cost a lot more than the price of a new car.

I have a Mrs but i was going to work at the time, glad she wasnt with me.

OP -i'll stop clogging the thread... you're safe, nobody got hurt, thats all that matters - don't give up on a new Z though!

Definetly mate, could be much worse, lesson learned n not giving up on the Zeds.

I'm not judging you at all dude , I'm just genuinely pleased no one got injured . I've made some very bad calls / decisions/ mistakes ... One ending in my wife being in a wheel chair for 3'months ! Pick yourself up , dust yourself down and move on . It's all part of life really :)

And don't get the wrong impression of people on here , most of us are only here to help / take the **** and have a bit of banter with each other .