Long time lurker turned owner - time to say a proper 'hello'!

Hi chaps and chapesses,

I have been hovering around the forum on and off for a while now and have nearly bought both a 350z and 370z on previous occasions, though never quite took the plunge.

I thought it time I introduced myself properly, as I am expecting a rather lovely low mileage 370z to be delivered to my home around 6:45am tomorrow morning, so will finally be a Big Zed owner!

I am sure my neighbors will be delighted with their V6 wake up call.

I am coming from a Z4 Coupe with a very nice fast road set up. Although the basic concept is the same as the 370z, the cars drive very differently indeed.

My outgoing Z4 was all about responsiveness and finesse. From the throttle response, to the exhaust note, to the handling, everything felt scalpel sharp and finely balanced. It was super economical too. However, it was getting a little long in the tooth and I craved something new, with a few more modern gadgets and a little more power. The 370z seemed to tick all the boxes whilst screaming great value compared to the other cars on my potential list, so I have finally taken the plunge.

Whilst I only have a brief test drive under my belt, the 370z feels totally different in character to my Z4 Coupe. The engine feels so industrial and raw. It seems almost sluggish to rev by comparison, yet reaching with your foot into the deep throttle pedal, you get a lovely sense of drawing from a deep reservoir of power. Everything feels burly and beefy as you rumble up the road. I imagine the grumbly V6 will make a great every day companion that's as nice to waft around in as it is to open up when the road permits.

Suffice to say, I am very excited to be finally experiencing Big Zed ownership. As a serial modifier I have already put a mod list together and have been in discussion with CougarSport about booking in soon.

I also love being a part of owners forums, so look forward to chatting cars and getting to know some of you better over the weeks and months to come. I think I am going to enjoy this...

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the impending arrival of the 70 :thumbs: Standard exhaust is quiet so you will need a after market exhaust to release the true V6 rumble :)

Thanks for the welcome party - that was quick!

I will be sure to post some pics up soon. Its not very exciting to look at yet though - just another bog standard grey Zed!

Humpy - don't worry, I'm already on it like a........

Mitz - as discussed I will arrange a visit soon so we can make a few improvements. :thumbs:

Its because she's got fire in her belly! :stir:

I did ask the vendor about that as it looked unusual, wondering if it was an aftermarket exhaust. He suggested not and said it was a residue from the metal polish they use on exhausts, that should disappear after a few miles.