Massive garage bill

Randy_Baton

1K for a service that you supplied most of the stuff for - you're having a giraffe!!

Brake pipes 'exploding' after the service...?!

So were they inspected during the service or not?

If the pipes and discs were that bad why were they not picked up on during the service and why didn't you get a phone call while the wheels were off to give you the choice wether or not to proceed with the pipes and the discs?

You have been royally shafted on this one - you'll just have to cough up and learn from it :shrug:

• Like 3

i'm with vik on this one, the pads were being changed as part of the service this would require someone to be at eye level with the rotors that were apparently falling apart but they put it back together anyway then somehow managed to rupture a brake line while the car was static :scare: why weren't the brake lines inspected aswell as the discs as part of the service? you shouldn't be paying labour on top of labour for what quite frankly sounds like something that could have been avoided :thumbdown:

I hate taking my cars to garages. They always want you to drop it off first thing in the morning like it's no big deal for you not have a car, then it's sits on the carpark for 3 hours before they even touch it. Then they can scratch or dent it and forget to mention that to you. Sometimes they don't ring you to pick the car up and say they got the answer phone or some other lame excuse.

My pet peeve, is when I turn up somewhere for a small job and they make you wait 15-20 minutes like your time is worthless. I've had it happen so many times that I always ring before I'm meant to turn up to make sure there won't be any delays and most the time they add another 30 minutes to the time I'm supposed to get there :lol: If I then proceed to turn up on time and have to wait for more than 5 long minutes, I just leave after expressing my frustration :rant: It's not the ideal way to handle things but it's better than letting them bend you over a barrel (an activity lots of mechanics seem to enjoy :lol: ).

It's better to do things yourself if possible, I'd rather buy new tools so I can do the job myself but if I can't, I make sure I know what needs to be done so they can't get one over on me.

That said, the bodyshop guy I use is totally awesome. His prices, communication and work are great. He treats you like a valued customer which is surprising rare in my experience with garages/bodyshops/window tinting and tyre places.

Not nearly enough precise detail on the cost of the labour and the quality of the parts fitted to form an informed opinion however IMHO you have been well shafted and to be brutally honest you only have your self to blame. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I really do hope that you learn from this, however, never the less it is a very expensive lesson to be learned.

As has been said, take some one with you when you go to collect

Also I think that you should definitely name the garage.

When I read through this post I was of the opinion that this must be a wind up as nobody can be so naive or gullible.

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 4

I'm sure if a garage does something without telling you first, your well within your rights to refuse to pay. A garage did some extra work on my wife's car.....when we went in to pay the original bill, they asked for £110 extra for other worked they had done and showed the old part. We refused point blank and said you should have told us first and then we could have said yes or no don't bother. They grumbled about it, but we left with the car and original bill. They MUST tell you before carrying out work. Good luck and stick to your guns

OP - whatever you do, do not pay up and hope to get some back. Once they get your money that'll be it unless you sue them. They are only charging you this much because they think that you are clueless. If you call them on their BS they will back down at least to some extent.

I have followed this thread since yesterday and am still astounded that we are not being given the detail of which Garage this is.

If the owner of this car - Randy-Baton has made an error in his assumptions or not provided us with the full detail - then fine - just admitt it - we all make errors and hopefully learn along the way

But to continue like this - is very unfair to other owners and quite possible the garage in question.

If I was a mod on here - quite frankly I would lock this thread - it is doing nothing - but winding people up - who on the whole actually only want to assist another member and ensure they too do not get ripped off in the future.

• Like 1

I have followed this thread since yesterday and am still astounded that we are not being given the detail of which Garage this is.

If the owner of this car - Randy-Baton has made an error in his assumptions or not provided us with the full detail - then fine - just admitt it - we all make errors and hopefully learn along the way

But to continue like this - is very unfair to other owners and quite possible the garage in question.

If I was a mod on here - quite frankly I would lock this thread - it is doing nothing - but winding people up - who on the whole actually only want to assist another member and ensure they too do not get ripped off in the future.

The point is Wendy, the OP does not realise that he is getting ripped off and appears to be quite happy to pay up. :wacko::surrender:

No need for a lock. And don't think OP lives on this forum like the rest of us :lol:

Also the garage has been mentioned twice in this thread :lol: just no one picked up on it.

#teamtarmac

Why did you have to be a little snitch, you know what they say about snitches.

No need for a lock. And don't think OP lives on this forum like the rest of us :lol:

Also the garage has been mentioned twice in this thread :lol: just no one picked up on it.

#teamtarmac

Why did you have to be a little snitch, you know what they say about snitches.

they get bitches? :lol:

#teamtarmac

• Like 1

Rest assured the Thread is being monitored