Well this sucks... :(

Paddy78

That meriva was going a reasonable pace looking at the back of that saxo and then the knock on effect.

Saxo's are built from tinfoil, so the damage may exaggerate the impact somewhat.

Glad you're okay though Paddy. Whilst it's an absolute ballache for you, at least the damage to the Z doesn't appear to be to extensive.

True.

They've managed to shunt three cars into one another though. Bloody idiotic driver.

Having been at the front of a 6 car pile up on the a12. The insurers will fight out amongst themselves for who's to blame, unless all traffic was at a stop, then its an easy blame to pin straight on the back car. As for the lad in the middle, he wasn't at fault and the accident was when he was at a standstill. It will show an accident on his insurance but it won't affect his no claims or make him Uninsurable next renewal.

aw mate I glad all are ok but im gutted for you! I hope you get it sorted. you need to get all the others involved and even police to prove you were reasonably spaced from each other so it all falls on the idiot that caused it other wise it might go 50/50 on all your insurance companies!

after all that hard work that Ricey put into it :surrender:

Tell you what Paddy I'll do it again for free for you next time your up Chester way :thumbs:

Thanks Paul, that's a really kind and generous offer! :)

Thanks for all the comments guys, really didn't need the hassle, but most importantly no one was hurt and the damage to my car hopefully isn't too bad.

gutted for you mate, front bumper was looking nice. But as above its only metal and plastic and can be repaired, might want to take your mods off if they are still in good shape unless the insurers want to keep them (i.e. find your own repair garage.)

If someone admits liability it's nice and quick. If not then you need to go through your own insurer and they will battle it out with the other companies to apportion blame. You'll end up paying your excess which they'll need to claim back so fingers crossed someone just owns up

DO NOT use your insurers 3rd party claims company (Albany Assistance are an example of one ......utter shite)

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

You will have to get a quote and the insurance will probably send an assessor out to see it. Make sure your there and discuss what his opinion is at the time. Then you wont get any surprises.

Bear in mind he will price it as per nissan parts and whilst it looks minimal you dont want a surprise write off/cat c coming your way.

Remember its your car so tell them what you want and dont be led by them to go to an approved repairer as they will put it to you that it will be easier and quicker but most times the repair is shite as its done down to a price.

If you dont know who to use for a repair then play safe and get a quote from nissan yourself. At least that way you have some recourse if the repair is not up to standard unlike an independent who will be watching the pennies more than the rep.

Not all independents are like this but you get my drift.

Edited by gsexr

Ahhhh Paddy mate, sorry to see you're having a run of bad luck.

Saw the first two pics and thought :scare: then the next pic I though oh man that's not fair.

Quite easily you can have an idiot in front and one behind to end up with this sort of mess. Insurance won't be happy that's for sure.

Feel for you matey, really do :console:

Sorry to see that - I think I speak for everyone on here when I say I'd be gutted if that'd been my car - here's hoping for a quality and speedy repair.

I always thought with a shunt like this everyone claims off of whoever hit them? A claims off B, B claims off C, C off D etc. I've no experience with it but I swear that's how it went? Hopefully I'm wrong - it really should just go to the person that caused it in the first place.

• Like 1

Sorry to see that - I think I speak for everyone on here when I say I'd be gutted if that'd been my car - here's hoping for a quality and speedy repair.

I always thought with a shunt like this everyone claims off of whoever hit them? A claims off B, B claims off C, C off D etc. I've no experience with it but I swear that's how it went? Hopefully I'm wrong - it really should just go to the person that caused it in the first place.

if D admits liability A B and C claim off D.

If no one admits then ABCD thrash it out until someone is to blame or blame is apportioned.

If blame is split then the cost is apportioned as per the split of blame I think.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

However it gets worked out, good luck with it and hopefully it'll be as painless as possible. The tool at the back must have been hauling ass, did they even get the brakes on before imapct?

sorry to see this happen, hope you get it sorted soon and with no disputes.

Good job the saxo was there to take the brunt of it in all honesty. Yours would definitely have been written off if it hadn't.

Rotten luck Paddy - especially as your ZED was looking so pristine in Wales - should all be down to the Mervia driver's insurance paying out - but that is probably too simple for the insurance companies, you feel.........

What a shitter! Apart from it all being sorted out insurance wise, quickly, yours looks a simple repair. I don't think there is any material behind your front impact area and with the bumper being made from polyurethane, it'll most likely pop out perfectly once you give it a little shunt from the back. Will probably need a respray, though, but I can't see if there are any cracks in the paint. Rear looks worse and will probably need a new bumper, surely only a few hundred quid which the Vauxhalls insurance will be buying. :thumbs: