Well this sucks... :(

Paddy78

On my way home from an afternoon of shopping... innocently pull up and stop behind an Audi... next thing...

Crash+1.jpg

Crash+5.jpg

Crash+4.jpg

Crash+6.jpg

Crash+7.jpg

Crash+8.jpg

Crash+9.jpg

Luckily, no one was seriously hurt... somewhere between shocked and annoyed at the moment? Driver of the Meriva clearly not paying attention to the road... with 2 ****ing kids in the car! Poor lad in the Saxo hurt his arm and his car is completely wrecked... paying £4.5k a year to insure it as well. To top it off, the Audi which I ended up hitting had a mother and child in, both of whom had just come out of hospital after operations.

Anyone care to guess at what possible damage may have been done? It drives OK and thank god the exhaust seems to be all right. :(

• Like 1

First thing I be check is all along the exhaust. Chances up it's been pushed back so will be buckled. Could be damaged all the way to the cat or even manifold. Bumper obviously but the rest should be ok. I would certainly get the length of the exhaust checked out.

Really gutted for you :(

just make sure you stress you pulled up with enough space between you and the Audi, because generally insurance co's will say you are at fault for hitting the car in front even though you were rear ended.

you may need to show the Meriva hit with enough force to push both you and the Saxo forward with enough force to push you into the car in front despite you leaving sufficient clear space - a hard one to prove so good luck.

I really pity the Saxo driver because he could well be uninsurable after this.

Looks like front and rear bumper damage only. Insurance repairer will check sub frame but I bet its fine. At worse the exhaust might need realigning as well.

Yes, I can't see any other damage, even your Zunsport looks unscathed. Looks like The Zed stood up pretty well compared to the other cars.

Pete

Mother of Fecking God mate.......that's unlucky beyond belief after just having the paint done!

At least the insurance will cover you......someone's in for a bloody big Bill!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

That meriva was going a reasonable pace looking at the back of that saxo and then the knock on effect. Glad you and everyone else are alright dude. Insurance wise it will all come from the meriva I would expect. Had a friend a few years back was in the same kind of collision in Cardiff. Car at the back took all the blame as it rightfully should. Thing is leaving space you should do and it's all well and good but it means nothing if someone comes barrelling up behind you with even a moderate amount of pace. Hope you get it all sorted easily mate. Gutted for you.

Edited by wizurd

That meriva was going a reasonable pace looking at the back of that saxo and then the knock on effect.

Saxo's are built from tinfoil, so the damage may exaggerate the impact somewhat.

Glad you're okay though Paddy. Whilst it's an absolute ballache for you, at least the damage to the Z doesn't appear to be to extensive.

• Like 1