Cops rammed head on by wrong way drunk driver on A3 ~ video

The moment police officers had a head-on collision with a drink-driver who was travelling the wrong way on a busy A-road has been caught on camera.

Surrey Police had little choice but to use the dangerous tactic as a last resort to protect motorists behind them from 21-year-old Perri Game, who was so intoxicated she failed to notice she was on the wrong side of the carriageway and rapidly approaching a fully lit-up police BMW.

The collision, which occurred in January this year on the A3 near Wisley, saw extensive damage inflicted on the unmarked BMW X5. Game's Volkswagen Polo was written-off after being sent flying into the central reservation.

Both the officers and Game were taken to hospital with minor injuries following the incident.

Game, a former elderly care worker, was jailed for four months, disqualified from driving for three years and ordered to pay a total of £630 in costs, after admitting dangerous driving and drink driving at Guildford Crown Court.

PCs Ed Stock and Simon Down were later praised for their bravery and quick thinking, which undoubtedly prevented a much more serious collision.

Happened in January apparently. Just glad she didn't hurt some innocent motorist. :surrender:

Interesting tactic. I wonder what the situation would had been if the drunk girl was killed from the impact of the Police car.

Hard to say, in situations like this the Police are in a no win situation, had they let the car continue there was a very high chance of a head on and an entire family wiped out. Very difficult decision for the police.

Pete

I've been traveling late at night down a dual carriageway and on a corner been greeted by a car on the wrong side of the reservation travelling full speed towards me... Pretty scary tbh

They had to do it, no question. Otherwise she would have plower into the rolling road of traffic behind the police car.

Woman should be in bloody prison for a number of years instead of the pathetic driving ban dished out. As usual the punishments in this country are nothing short of woefully inadequate.

• Like 7

I've been traveling late at night down a dual carriageway and on a corner been greeted by a car on the wrong side of the reservation travelling full speed towards me... Pretty scary tbh

My wife was nearly taken out by a police car reversing rapidly the wrong way up a motorway slip road.

About 15 yrs ago I was coming off the M602 in Manchester.

On the slip road was greeted with a car coming head on the wrong way!

Single laned slip road on a bridge.

Nowhere to turn.

Just slammmed on brakes and gripped the wheel!

Luckily we weren't speeding as when we collided head on it was just bumper wings and radiator damage!

Edited by HEADPHONES

the only death defying experience I've had was when I was following 2 women in a Toyota hilux with furniture in the back. What I didn't know was that none of the furniture was strapped down. Just as I was about to over take, lo and behold, the 2 seater gets blown off the back and I had to dodge it by going onto the other side of the road, luckily there was no one coming but if they had been I would've been toast. I just parked up and watched her continue driving as the 3 seater actually bounced off the car following after me and she was still unaware!!! unbelievable.

£630 in costs is a joke. The barriers her car slammed into would cost more than that let alone the X5...and the scale of the operation to stop the public being injured! This kind of thing really winds me up.

£630 is the cost of the trial at Court. Other costs may be met by other means.

The punishment handed out never seems right when you consider how bad this could have turned out.

You could do 150mph on a motorbike on an empty road and they would more than likely give you a harsher penalty than this.

The moment police officers had a head-on collision with a drink-driver who was travelling the wrong way on a busy A-road has been caught on camera.

Surrey Police had little choice but to use the dangerous tactic as a last resort to protect motorists behind them from 21-year-old Perri Game, who was so intoxicated she failed to notice she was on the wrong side of the carriageway and rapidly approaching a fully lit-up police BMW.

The collision, which occurred in January this year on the A3 near Wisley, saw extensive damage inflicted on the unmarked BMW X5. Game's Volkswagen Polo was written-off after being sent flying into the central reservation.

Both the officers and Game were taken to hospital with minor injuries following the incident.

Game, a former elderly care worker, was jailed for four months, disqualified from driving for three years and ordered to pay a total of £630 in costs, after admitting dangerous driving and drink driving at Guildford Crown Court.

PCs Ed Stock and Simon Down were later praised for their bravery and quick thinking, which undoubtedly prevented a much more serious collision.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Uhs3hiePg#t=58

http://www.youtube.c...ePg#t=58[/media[/url]]

Happened in January apparently. Just glad she didn't hurt some innocent motorist. :surrender:

Doesn't always work out that way. Police used over aggressive pursing technique on a BMW near my house.....resulted in BMW killing two cyclists.

£630 in costs is a joke. The barriers her car slammed into would cost more than that let alone the X5...and the scale of the operation to stop the public being injured! This kind of thing really winds me up.

£630 is the cost of the trial at Court. Other costs may be met by other means.

Will her insurance pay out or will being drunk invalidate her insurance?

Pete

[media]

]

Doesn't always work out that way. Police used over aggressive pursing technique on a BMW near my house.....resulted in BMW killing two cyclists.

Who's fault would you say that is then, the perpetrator or the police? Hoping the person driving the BMW got done for two counts of murder/manslaughter/ddd/whatever + any other charges he had coming his way. :)

Although 'murica has its faults (a lot of them) at least that person wouldn't have been free for a long time.

Edited by mouthwash

[media]

]

Who's fault would you say that is then, the perpetrator or the police? Hoping the person driving the BMW got done for two counts of murder/manslaughter/ddd/whatever + any other charges he had coming his way. :)

Although 'murica has its faults (a lot of them) at least that person wouldn't have been free for a long time.

He got sentenced to 10 yrs, probably be out in 6....for two lives that's just not enough! The cyclists were both locals, one of them was due to get married the following week I think.

But, my point is...the driver was drunk, in a stolen car, reckless with previous convictions and had no intention of getting caught. The police were chasing him in a 30mph zone through villages, I think he was doing 70mph when he hit the cyclists just after a sharp bend. I'm not sure aggresive tactics are always best....

[media]

]

He got sentenced to 10 yrs, probably be out in 6....for two lives that's just not enough! The cyclists were both locals, one of them was due to get married the following week I think.

But, my point is...the driver was drunk, in a stolen car, reckless with previous convictions and had no intention of getting caught. The police were chasing him in a 30mph zone through villages, I think he was doing 70mph when he hit the cyclists just after a sharp bend. I'm not sure aggresive tactics are always best....

Always a tough one and the police, as mentioned, are in a no win situation. Do they leave the drunk theif to do what he wants and potentially kill more people (or none at all) or do they chase him to uphold the law and potentially put innocent lives at risk (or not)? There is a risk either way and in the heat of the moment someone has to make a call, I find it hard to place responsibility in the hands of the police for criminals actions.

I get what you are saying but who knows what the outcome would have been had he been left to his own devices.

I had a similar experience a few years back, driving down the M6 at night time, there were loads of em out that night, all driving down the wrong side of the motorway!

Are you sure it wasn't YOU who was on the wrong side?! ;)

Glad it wasn't just me that had that thought :surrender:

• Like 1

Always a tough one and the police, as mentioned, are in a no win situation. Do they leave the drunk theif to do what he wants and potentially kill more people (or none at all) or do they chase him to uphold the law and potentially put innocent lives at risk (or not)? There is a risk either way and in the heat of the moment someone has to make a call, I find it hard to place responsibility in the hands of the police for criminals actions.

I get what you are saying but who knows what the outcome would have been had he been left to his own devices.

Don't get me wrong Mouthwash, I know the blame definitely lies with the actions of the drunk driver.....