Cops rammed head on by wrong way drunk driver on A3 ~ video

I had a similar experience a few years back, driving down the M6 at night time, there were loads of em out that night, all driving down the wrong side of the motorway!

Are you sure it wasn't YOU who was on the wrong side?! ;)

Glad it wasn't just me that had that thought :surrender:

:surrender: I was joking :p

The moment police officers had a head-on collision with a drink-driver who was travelling the wrong way on a busy A-road has been caught on camera.

Surrey Police had little choice but to use the dangerous tactic as a last resort to protect motorists behind them from 21-year-old Perri Game, who was so intoxicated she failed to notice she was on the wrong side of the carriageway and rapidly approaching a fully lit-up police BMW.

The collision, which occurred in January this year on the A3 near Wisley, saw extensive damage inflicted on the unmarked BMW X5. Game's Volkswagen Polo was written-off after being sent flying into the central reservation.

Both the officers and Game were taken to hospital with minor injuries following the incident.

Game, a former elderly care worker, was jailed for four months, disqualified from driving for three years and ordered to pay a total of £630 in costs, after admitting dangerous driving and drink driving at Guildford Crown Court.

PCs Ed Stock and Simon Down were later praised for their bravery and quick thinking, which undoubtedly prevented a much more serious collision.

Happened in January apparently. Just glad she didn't hurt some innocent motorist. :surrender:

Shocking, very lucky no one was killed

Thanks for sharing Karaziekatz1, not a nice story :(

What did you call me? Least it wasn't Kamikazekatz1 :lol:

I know, was horrible hearing the crash....

I know, all that talk about Sushi and toll roads, I feel positively Japanese today :lol:

I had a similar experience a few years back, driving down the M6 at night time, there were loads of em out that night, all driving down the wrong side of the motorway!

Are you sure it wasn't YOU who was on the wrong side?! ;)

Glad it wasn't just me that had that thought :surrender:

:surrender: I was joking :p

:fishslap:

Thanks for sharing Karaziekatz1, not a nice story :(

What did you call me? Least it wasn't Kamikazekatz1 :lol:

I know, was horrible hearing the crash....

I know, all that talk about Sushi and toll roads, I feel positively Japanese today :lol:

Konnichiwa Mr Linus :)

• Like 1

Game, a former elderly care worker, was jailed for four months, disqualified from driving for three years and ordered to pay a total of £630 in costs, after admitting dangerous driving and drink driving at Guildford Crown Court.

I really don't understand how the courts decide the punishments for this cases....

£630 in costs is a joke. The barriers her car slammed into would cost more than that let alone the X5...and the scale of the operation to stop the public being injured! This kind of thing really winds me up.

£630 is the cost of the trial at Court. Other costs may be met by other means.

Will her insurance pay out or will being drunk invalidate her insurance?

Pete

The insurance company will cover all 3rd party claims as a result of a drink driver but not the insured person. The insurance company will then take out a civil suit to regain the cost from the drink driver.

You could also claim for any injuries through the criminal injuries compensation scheme following a conviction for drink driving if there were areas not met by the 3rd party payout.

I really don't understand how the courts decide the punishments for this cases....

Dangerous driving carries a potential for a 2 year imprisonment where drink driving only 6 months in very extreme circumstance. Both offence in this case goes hand in hand with the more serious being dangerous driving by virtue of being drunk.

Edited by rothers2901

Interesting reading all the replies to do with this.

It's a hard call for the Police in these circumstances but I feel they where justified in their actions and did the right thing. As I said just glad the drunk woman didn't kill any innocent people.

Dangerous driving carries a potential for a 2 year imprisonment where drink driving only 6 months in very extreme circumstance. Both offence in this case goes hand in hand with the more serious being dangerous driving by virtue of being drunk.

If someone is drunk walking down the street and swinging a baseball bat around as a crowd approaches and some police get in the way and get hit its a jail term. Why do the courts just not recognise the seriousness of drink driving? As far as I am concerned the woman in question is on a charge of attempted manslaughter minimum. If she couldn't even stop when she saw a set of headlights heading towards her she was clearly a massive danger to the public and chose to take that action. She is a pathetic and worthless piece of crap that should be chucked into the slammer and be taught a SERIOUS lesson, none of this 'oh you can't drive for a couple of years' nonsense.

• Like 2

If someone is drunk walking down the street and swinging a baseball bat around as a crowd approaches and some police get in the way and get hit its a jail term. Why do the courts just not recognise the seriousness of drink driving? As far as I am concerned the woman in question is on a charge of attempted manslaughter minimum. If she couldn't even stop when she saw a set of headlights heading towards her she was clearly a massive danger to the public and chose to take that action. She is a pathetic and worthless piece of crap that should be chucked into the slammer and be taught a SERIOUS lesson, none of this 'oh you can't drive for a couple of years' nonsense.

100% agree with you coldel.

Really don't know know how Britain's justice system came to being so f**ked up with regards to sentencing people for their crimes. :dry:

Also agree 100%.

100% agree with you coldel.

Really don't know know how Britain's justice system came to being so f**ked up with regards to sentencing people for their crimes. :dry: