The R33

coldel

Well I finally took the plunge, fifth car I looked at and decided to take it with its little imperfections i.e. the side skirts which are not to my taste and also damaged! Picking up some 400r side skirts tomorrow which will go on in their place but loving the car. Drove it back from Wiltshire, loving this 'turbo' thingy bolted on to the engine, two stage boost which I like also.

She comes with coil overs, loads of new piping, FMIC, blow off valve (jury still out on this), custom ecu, Japspeed exhaust (jury swerving in favour of getting something a bit quieter), and my favourite bit the red stitch GTR complete interior which is meant to be uber rare. Lots of other little bits and pieces to do which suit me, the head unit is a bit crap for a start plus the skirt fix up and some engine bay cleaning.

Anyway, some pics to get us started:

IMG_9593_Snapseed_zps9d2602d4.jpg

IMG_9585_Snapseed_zpsa3f6b47b.jpg

IMG_9603_Snapseed_zpsdc81e784.jpg

• Like 12

Hard to tell, only just cruised it back home down the M3. Zed gives you that lazy power, this does boot you up the jacksie when the boost kick in. Hate to say it, the straight 6 turbo makes a better noise than the V6 NA...when you ignore the Japspeed exhaust trying to drone you out of existence.

Interior is really nice, super comfy, quite a good ride (coil overs set to forgiving levels). Decent space in the back seats. Boot is a bit neat, but will suffice for the kiddie stuff I want to transport. It feels for some reason like I am sat lower down than when in the Zed, which seems odd, but hey.

Also just found a chrome momo gear knob wedged into the passenger side door slot the guy must have forgotten about, bonus!

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

I have reserved the spot next to the fence opposite the entrance to the Ace Cafe car park Amy :teeth: Look forwards to seeing a plethora of Zeds and dribbling over them as always but of course happy to give tours of the 33 as well :teeth:

I guess I am hooked on the turbo whine, its quite addictive! I found myself slowing down on the inside lane just so I could drop a gear, wind it up and blast it out on the motorway and hear it swoosh - small things and all that :lol:

Just sat here going through all the freebies the guy chucked in, still need to fit the rear GTR door cars, he also tossed in a Walbro fuel pump (difficult to fit?) and a manual boost T which I am not sure I want. He also gave me the standard air intake, standard cat (will keep for mot), and some other unidentified stuff I will have to google.