The R33

coldel

• 3 weeks later...

Had a go at plastidipping today - bought white and tested it out on a section of the dash - mighty impressed with the results actually, I quite like it! Unfortunately the iPhone photo doesn't do it justice, but think I might remove the remainder of the inner part of the dash and finish the job.

photo_2-12_zps60661c9b.jpg

Also, took out the Apexi filter and replaced with K&N, much bigger surface area and by all accounts a smoother intake.

photo_3-6_zpsf814a23c.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Well after my neighbour reversed in to the car splitting the front bumper, got it back from Will at TGM Motorsport yesterday and you would never know - perfect repair and perfect colour match. So relieved that the car is looking spot on again, even motivated me to detox, clay, polish and wax the car today. TGM are pricey, but bloody hell they do a good job on it.

Now just need to hunt down my neighbour to pay for it!

Yeah thats the one, they always have a number of teggies and all sorts in there - they have a number of motorsport cars as well which go back there for all the servicing etc. Certainly know their way around a car though and you can certainly trust them to do a great job on any bodywork. Been back there twice now.

Well, few more developments :D

Front bumper repaired by TGM all looks like new happy days.

Also, seeing as not much opportunity to head out today, thought I would try something on the interior which I have been wanting to try for a little while but not had time...plastidip!

Not the best job in the world, a few little bits and pieces on it but wanted to see how it looked before I committed to something more permanent like aqua dipping.

photo_1-16_zps02943f4d.jpg

I have new handbrake and gear gaiters on the way which are black with white stitch which will make it all go a bit better. Also considering getting a black with white stitch steering wheel replacement.

Also took the opportunity to remove the HICAS led from the display clocks so it doesn't come up every time :)

Well after my neighbour reversed in to the car splitting the front bumper, got it back from Will at TGM Motorsport yesterday and you would never know - perfect repair and perfect colour match. So relieved that the car is looking spot on again, even motivated me to detox, clay, polish and wax the car today. TGM are pricey, but bloody hell they do a good job on it.

Now just need to hunt down my neighbour to pay for it!

That was my experience of TGM when I needed work on my previous 370 - pricey but worth it if you want an invisible repair. Good to hear you got it sorted.

Edited by sipar69

looking good Col, you should take the plastic bit above the speedo out and do that white too

Damn you! You are right, but it means getting it all out again...cannie be bothered.

Mind you, did the door pull and it kinda improves it I think

photo-14_zps12619b64.jpg

:lol: sorry mate, do you have to take the lot out to get to that bit? mission if you do!its come out really well, door pull definately makes it better, you should do door handle surround as well, im giving you more work :lol: Edited by jumping350

Well, following on from my 'which handbrake' thread, I think I know what I want and will order it but in the mean time remembered the previous owner left a chrome mono handle in the side pocket of the car! Fitted it and I like it, might go for something similar but in black/leather. PM coming your way Lexx on the other handle...anyway, with the two new white stitch gaiters in place:

photo_4-9_zpse3f9dc19.jpg

• Like 1