Too much?

Steel Lynx

My non car-enthusiast friends and girlfriend think I'm insane which I say I've been Washing, drying, polishing, waxing, wiping, and brushing (alloys) for about four hours. with three buckets, about 50 MF cloths and umpteen bottles and tins of chemicals.

But you, like I, will clearly understand that Zeds are the best and black is an absolute mission to keep clean as it shows up every single speck of dust!

The best pics are the ones that are already on here. I had a friend of a friend come and do it for me just after I bought the car as the whole detailing scene was new to me and he does it as a hobby and has all the kit (I could just about bring myself to washing my previous cars and even then it was rare) I'll take some more pic's next time.......... :)

So..... I spent six and a half hours cleaning my car yesterday (the outside) is that too much or about normal? Just wondered how long everyone else spends cleaning theirs :)

Sound's about the norm for a Zed head. :lol:;) I spent about two & half hours washing my car Saturday/then about two hours waxing & detailing/then around an hour on the inside. Plus another half hour just looking at it once I was done, ..so that's around six hours. :lol::thumbs:

I spent about 8 hours on ours doing interior clean, wash, dry, clay bar, machine polish, machine wax, wheels, tyre dress and chrome, but im only doing that once a year. Every other week or so they all get a clean that takes about 1.5 hours and every few months clay bar and wax on top of that. Wheels will be getting iron X if needed when they come off for a season then sealed when they go on :).

The women think im mad :S

Hawker

Edited by hawker1986

Nothing wrong with that. Only takes me an hour to do a weekly/sometimes twice weekly maintenance wash. Can spend 12 hours on a full detail though and often spend 4/5 extra on a maintenance wash doing other bits.

Nothing wrong with spending time looking after something you enjoy :)

Until I got my zed I probably spent six hours in total washing all my cars I have ever owned, ( work car goes to car wash once a month or so) now my neighbours laugh at me every time the wash kit comes out but I agree with gsexr - its therapy and you cant go driving a dirty zed!