iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C launching event today 6pm :)

Adrian@TORQEN

Looks good and some cool features, as well as catching up with some of the cooler features of android.

I've been both an android fan and apple fan - I like a mixture of both. However, purely for the flexibility and "tweakability" of android, and the fact that I can access my android phone like I can my laptop file system is really important to me.

Looks like apple are trying to break into the Chinese market by introducing a cheap version to flog to the Chinese to compete with android who now have something like an 88% market share of the smart phone industry.

Hey Rich, what are the kids doing ?

...... I don't get it?

not surprised at that !

Nice input as always. I'm serious have you ever made a helpful post. It's just +1 and a*se kissing normally :lol:

Not just the Chinese market the markets here too. If you got money you get an iPhone and if not you get some android. Well unless you have something against iPhone then you get a s4.

But if you can get a cheaper iPhone might sway some people away from android offerings. I wonder how much cheaper cheap is.

But if you can get a cheaper iPhone might sway some people away from android offerings. I wonder how much cheaper cheap is.

It's coming in at £469 for the C about £80 less for the "equivalent" S.

Not exactly what you'd call a game changer if you're trying to crack the budget market, I can't see who wouldn't stump up the extra few quid, but maybe some are just on the border of that bottom bracket. No idea what price with contract will be.

I imagine the difference will be £25/30 a month for the 5C and £35/40 for the 5S. Could be a bit of game changer considering how many people wait a few months after a new Galaxy comes out and get it on contract for around £10 less than the early birds at about £30pm.

what are you unimpressed with? i personally wasnt expecting much. the faster 64 bit chip, fingerprint id and iOS 7 is a decent upgrade considering its not an entirely new design, IMO a better job than they did with the 4S.

64-bit chip means nothing right now, especially as the 5C is still 32-bit so developers will keep ploughing out 32-bit stuff and pretty much ignoring 64-bit until it's everywhere (although it's a good setup for the forthcoming days of 4MB+ RAM in smartphones), fingerprint ID is a gimmick which has zero impact on the use of the phone (anyone struggle putting a 4 digit PIN in? Nope, me neither), and iOS 7 is on everything else. Slightly better camera is nice but hardly game-changing. A couple of crappy new colours for the ladeez doesn't appeal to me at all.

Remember, I'm the guy (fool?) who queued up at 4am for the last two iPhones. This offers absolutely nothing over my current 5. Apple have always been about the OS and not the hardware, but that's no longer enough to compete where they need to. I'm sure these will sell bucketloads and more than ever, but I have no issues now waiting for the 6.

what are you unimpressed with? i personally wasnt expecting much. the faster 64 bit chip, fingerprint id and iOS 7 is a decent upgrade considering its not an entirely new design, IMO a better job than they did with the 4S.

64-bit chip means nothing right now, especially as the 5C is still 32-bit so developers will keep ploughing out 32-bit stuff and pretty much ignoring 64-bit until it's everywhere (although it's a good setup for the forthcoming days of 4MB+ RAM in smartphones), fingerprint ID is a gimmick which has zero impact on the use of the phone (anyone struggle putting a 4 digit PIN in? Nope, me neither), and iOS 7 is on everything else. Slightly better camera is nice but hardly game-changing. A couple of crappy new colours for the ladeez doesn't appeal to me at all.

Remember, I'm the guy (fool?) who queued up at 4am for the last two iPhones. This offers absolutely nothing over my current 5. Apple have always been about the OS and not the hardware, but that's no longer enough to compete where they need to. I'm sure these will sell bucketloads and more than ever, but I have no issues now waiting for the 6.

I completely agree that the fingerprint reader is a gimmick, but it's one I like and will come in handy. I've never used the 4 digit pin or any other phone unlock code, I'm just careful and don't leave it laying about, that's worked so far and is clearly the best security. However, it also works for out Apple ID which currently has to be a minimum 8 characters including numbers and capital letters, so for me to just place my chosen finger on the phone when I want a new App instead of typing all that crap in, is certainly a step forward.

Tend to agree Dan, I've waited and am out of contract now with my 4 (that's when the novelty wore off for me) which works perfectly well for me so do I go to 5s now or wait for 6, anyone know when it's due? And I actually like the weight of the 4, the 5 just seems of lesser build quality some how. :)

Tend to agree Dan, I've waited and am out of contract now with my 4 (that's when the novelty wore off for me) which works perfectly well for me so do I go to 5s now or wait for 6, anyone know when it's due? And I actually like the weight of the 4, the 5 just seems of lesser build quality some how. :)

Usual craic, 6 will be announced this time next year, give or take.

Main cost cut in the 5c seems to be a plastic body instead of alloy

I'm still stuck on my HTC Desire! Looking a bit tatty round the edges now, but the glass is unmarked. I wouldn't even change it if it couldn't do with a bit more memory.

LB_8492.jpg

The above is very misleading as they are the prices for a 2 year contract, so the 16gb 5s is $199 upfront + monthly fee for 2 years (depending on contract), just thought i'd point that out :)

i doubt it will be in this country, usually they are about £50 for a 16gb on a 2 year contract worth about £35-40 pcm

The 64GB iPhone 5s is over £700 .......... :scare:

Usual Apple bollocks for me, how having a plastic back is a "feature" Ill never know. They are chasing the game now and they know it, more and more people are looking elsewhere as they realise that iProducts are more and more fulfilling the saying "Yesterdays technology at todays prices" .......... ;)