Dealer buying cheap 350Z's and adding HUGE mark ups!

mycerbera

I also forgot to add that our business operates on the vat margin scheme... 20% vat payable on all profits...

And that's on top of the usual income tax we pay.

Business is business.

Nothing new here. The car bought was available to the OP but they sat with their thumb up their arse....
  • Like 1

Some people worry too much about the money. If you see a car you like and you can afford it you need to grab it there and then or you will miss out.If you want to drag yer feet and um and ar then you stand a chance of losing out.

So many people get hooked up on having to get money off what ever the price is rather than make a quick decision.

Simple formula for buying a car is :Is it the one you want, is it a genuine car, is the condition right, is the milage as low as you can find with history to back it up. Can you afford it.

Life is to be enjoyed. live within your means and dont look back.

Cant knock a trader for trying to make a living. Anyone that thinks its money for nothing wants to try it. You try finding cars to buy and sell that you can have a healthy profit in. Then you get all sorts coming along thinking as its trade they can knock £800 off.

Think how much you earn each week.

Think how many employees they have.

Guess at the overheads they have and then double it as you will be too low.

Then work out what you think the profit on each car should be.

Then work out how many cars you need to sell to make a living.

Everybody wants the best but dont want to pay for it....... you need to get real and play in an arena you can afford to be in :teeth: Cop all that for an early morning post..... me cornflakes must have been spiked

• Like 2

Some buyers won't buy used and would rather pay more at a garage and also part chop. I would be annoyed if I was the OP but only annoyed with myself for missing out. However I'm a great believer in fate so this Zed was obviously not "the one", keep looking and ye shall find !! ;)

As for Greg,

He has:

business rates

Taxes

Premises

Wages

Repairs/servicing/upgrades

accounts fees

Vat

Insurance

advertising

And depreciation to think about so he has to make a profit other wise he won't be in business very long.

OP - keep your chin up keep searching and you will find a private sale at a decent price and you will love it, plus the money you save can be well spent in my shop below ;)

Happy hunting dude !!

• Like 2

I was just think making £300 - £400 profits and keeping the cars at sensible real world prices would be fairer to all...

The reason the price adds up is because

1- garage adds a warranty (most of the time) that is roughly 200-300pound

- they give enough room to haggle with. For a car costing 8,5, you should be able to haggle 3-500 off depending how good you are

- it will sit in their stockroom for a while so they need to make reasnable profit. Roughly 700-1k for this car it seems

I believe thats how it works

Some buyers won't buy used and would rather pay more at a garage and also part chop. I would be annoyed if I was the OP but only annoyed with myself for missing out. However I'm a great believer in fate so this Zed was obviously not "the one", keep looking and ye shall find !! ;)

As for Greg,

He has:

business rates

Taxes

Premises

Wages

Repairs/servicing/upgrades

accounts fees

Vat

Insurance

advertising

And depreciation to think about so he has to make a profit other wise he won't be in business very long.

OP - keep your chin up keep searching and you will find a private sale at a decent price and you will love it, plus the money you save can be well spent in my shop below ;)

Happy hunting dude !!

:)

Edited by mycerbera

I've always thought that if you like it and it's sound, you buy it - and never buy too cheap. Actual purchase price is often the last in consideration within limits. Think how much extra we end up lavishing on our toys after a few years of ownership - a few extra quid at the start is only a small increment.

I actually think Greg is doing us all a favour in keeping his prices relatively strong. As a zed owner I would say they are generally undervalued as cars at their actual market rates. :thumbs:

Can understand those looking for a 350/370 trying to knock down prices, but it always amazes me when current owners on here bleat about what they perceive as high prices being asked, when as enthusiasts (you wouldn't be here otherwise) we should be doing all we can in our interests to keep s/h prices up. :wacko:

• Like 6

I was just think making £300 - £400 profits and keeping the cars at sensible real world prices would be fairer to all...

It's not about being fair to all, the guys making a living selling cars. He's hardly going to reduce his profit by £1500 to make it fairer is he

I work for a car company as a salesman and that's how it works. Need to make money.

TBH, Greg has taken a massive beating on this forum and theres a lot of bad stigma surrounding him.

Not going to lie, I went and had a look at a car with him a year or so back and felt like he didn't care about me at all as a customer.

we've since spoken, and found out he's generally a nice guy.

And the fact he puts a car through a P3 with japex is worth every single penny. The guys at japex are outstanding. Made my old 52 jdm import with 100k on the clock feel like brand new! and will use and recommend them to everyone I encounter.

But back on topic, Business is Business. Early bird catches the worm. I sent a few PM's to greg and he called me back within 5minutes - Hes keen and on the ball.

Hes bought the car cheap, spent a fair amount of money on it. Im sure if you were to buy the car now from Greg, it would be in a lot better condition to what it was originally.

Plus, hes got a meet going on this weekend, trying to get involved with us all. Fair play to the man.

Edited by Luke0549

As has already been stated by a few people in this thread, I don't know why people would moan about the high price if they already have a Zed! With the amount of cheap imports on the market i'm sure a lot of people would now look at my car and assume i paid under 5 grand for it! Don't understand why certain members feel the need to borderline troll a paid up trader on here who is always keen to help out here, and have been very generous to others regarding spare parts recently....

Just to add, the only time I have ever felt the same as the OP is when I requested a registration marque be introduced, which means it had to go to auction; there was one other bidder, who it transpired was employed by one of the large registration sales companies. I was outbid, and the marque has been for sale with them for £12k more than they bought it for 7 years

• Like 2

None ..I only asked who the dealer was..and up popped Tradelink . :scare: :scare: .

come on you've been pretty snide to him in other posts. I don't know what your guys story is though.

Maybe he just doesn't like him for one reason or another... Maybe Will finds his unprofessionalism slightly irritating.

Just a wild guess!

Anyway, that's what traders and merchants do, buy and sell for a profit. Everything we buy is the same deal!

• Like 1

As a twist to all the "its fair play" comments, go to a auction house and see what kind of reception you get from traders ;)

Personally, if a new member had beat you to it, would you feel any different? As really thats all it boils down to.

This works both ways mate! I advertised my Zed on here in Jan 2012. I didn't even get one inquiry, so i ended up offering it to forum members for exactly what i was getting as a trade in, still no one interested.

A few weeks later a forum member bought it from the dealer i traded it into and paid £3k more or it!

im the person buying this car and trust me I don't regret it ive seen the work that greg is putting into it and I understand hes a car dealer and needs to make money otherwise whats the point. ill be sure to tell u all if anything changes but so far so good!!!!! I would highly recommend going and looking at some of the 350z he has as they are tidy and to a high standard.