Why a Ford is more exclusive than Porsche, Lambo et al

Ekona

Ford clearly either have too much money and no longer need to sell vehicles, or they are trying to position themselves above the premium sports car manufacturers. For example:

Lead time from ordering

Porsche 991 GT3 - 8 months

Lamborghini Aventador - 12 mths

Ford Ranger - 15 mths

Yes, that's not a misprint. Ford are currently telling me that my new Ranger, which I ordered back in September, is now going to be with them in December! That's 15 months at least from order point to delivery. Considering that I was told it would be here in Dec '12/ Jan '13 when I put the deposit down, you can understand me being a little miffed. Actually, that's an understatement.

What kind of a clusterf*ck car manufacturer cannot build a simple f*cking thing like a bloody pick up truck in a basic colour like f*cking black within a year??!! Which useless thunderc*nt at Ford said, "Ah, don't worry, I'm pretty sure all these commercial customers that spend thousands of pounds with us each year buying Transits will happily wait over a year for a simple pickup!" What an absolute shower of b*stards. If it were a f*cking Ferrari that I'd ordered in f*cking paint to sample with some magic f*cking seats that blow you every time you cruise along the Kings f*cking Road then I may understand waiting longer than a f*cking year for it, but a Ford? A f*cking basic Ford??!! No f*cking way. Massive useless cunch of bunts.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

• Like 6

Oh that's the best bit: At no point have they contacted me to let me know of any delay, it's all been via email and me chasing them. I'm yet to contact them over this last bit, as I'm torn between telling them to get f*cked and telling them I want some free stuff. Probably both! :lol:

Trouble is, I really like it :blush:

It's as comfy as a BMW but doesn't attract the tax, and I do on occasion go off-road for site work so that side of it is handy to have, along with the load carrying capacity. It's sooo much quicker than the rivals too due to the bigger engine as well as being cheaper, so win/win really. Well, apart from the delivery date.

And a tad thirstier on fuel too! :lol:

If fuel wasn't daft then I actually would seriously consider one, but it just wouldn't make sense right now.

The new F150's are actually pretty economical if you get the 3.7V6 Eco Boost, they claim 30+ MPG. But obviously everyone still wants the 6.2 V8 that does about 8mpg :lol: