Oops

Harryjax

Whilst i think it's the Civic drivers responsibility to find a suitable gap, how much effort is it for the truck driver to be courteous and adjust his speed to let him in? Prick.

There's often a massive blind spot that close to a cab that's high up. There's a fair chance the truck driver wouldn't have known anything about the car being there until the contact.

Even if the lorry driver was being a prick and not giving him enough space, the civic driver pulled in front when there clearly wasn't enough space. If he was going in front he should've went faster or over the white line to avoid contact

If I had to choose between hitting a lorry or going over some dry paint it wouldn't be a hard decision

Well, that's fairly typical of the poor standards set by many U.K drivers. For a start, the truck driver was not leaving enough space between himself and the vehicle in front. There should be a 2 seconds gap, I doubt that that gap was even a second. Sadly something like 90% of drivers don't leave enough space. The truck driver could easily have slowed down a tad to let the other driver tuck in but TBH he probably wasn't expecting such a stupid move. As for the civic driver, what a wally.....you should never attempt to undertake while you're filtering in, just back off and be patient. A good driver would realise that trucks have blind spots and also the Civic crossed the chevrons because he'd run out of space.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Lorry had right of way. End of.

You are supposed to match your speed on the slip road to the motorway and find a valid space.

Can argue as much as you want that the truck driver was too close to the motor in front, or that he could have been courteous and slowed down.

Or that he could/couldn't see the Civic.

But at the end of the day, it is HIS right of way.

Civic driver was in the wrong. Period.

Definitely the Civic, dab of brake and tuck in behind, 10 seconds later your overtaking the lorry

Absolutely :thumbs:

I'm amazed anyone is suggesting the 'Truck' driver (just for you doogy :p ) was in the wrong, other than yes he was maybe too close to the one in front, but that even makes the Civic more in the wrong trying to squeeze in :doh:

The way so many morons drive in the UK - I think there should be another test you can take, say, 3 years after your first test. If you pass, you're given a pump action shotgun, and a licence to remove idiots off the road.

So - you get out the truck, put the civic driver in the body bag and toss him over the barrier, and then carry on with your journey.

The way so many morons drive in the UK - I think there should be another test you can take, say, 3 years after your first test.

Joking aside a regular retest would be a good idea. I'd go for 10 years but the expense would probably be horrendous, unless of course they introduce a new tax to pay for it.

Pete

Lorry had right of way. End of.

You are supposed to match your speed on the slip road to the motorway and find a valid space.

Can argue as much as you want that the truck driver was too close to the motor in front, or that he could have been courteous and slowed down.

Or that he could/couldn't see the Civic.

But at the end of the day, it is HIS right of way.

Civic driver was in the wrong. Period.

Agreed.

Surprising how many people try to force their way off the slip road, rather than stopping if required.

They seem to think they have right of way!

Glad it didn't end up a bad as it may have done.