Buy this at this cost... You're off your head!

AMT

Now I know that its meant for handling and stuff but for what your getting (and I'm still unsure on its side profile..lol) I think you'd be mad to spend this kinda money on this...

http://www.autotrade...g?logcode=ucnnp

....£27,960!!!! :scare:

EDIT: Ok noticed the nav and heated seats but still, medium pace for a lot of cash

Edited by AMT

Now I know that its meant for handling and stuff but for what your getting (and I'm still unsure on its side profile..lol) I think you'd be mad to spend this kinda money on this...

EDIT: Ok noticed the nav and heated seats but still, medium pace for a lot of cash

How cheap do you want a 62 plate car to be?

• Like 1

Thata what I was thinking. Can't compare it to a 350z cos it's......... When did the 70 come out? :lol:

I think it's pretty good value (for a new car) in the current market.

There are better cars second hand to be has for that money. But for a new from the factory car, it's a good shout.

How much is the equivelant spec MX5 cc, or VW Scirocco R?

Yea, I was thinking that too... I think they price isn't that bad!

I think it's pretty good value (for a new car) in the current market.

There are better cars second hand to be has for that money. But for a new from the factory car, it's a good shout.

How much is the equivelant spec MX5 cc, or VW Scirocco R?

Scirocco R about £31k, so yeah a few grand difference, but then again the Scirocco does what it says on the tin, 30% extra power or something over the Toyota. It just feels like the styling is wrong for the performance you get as its no better than a warm hatch.

Go and drive it and then decide if it's worth the cash.

I like some of it (the seats, the comical size exhaust, the balance of the chassis) and I don't like other bits (the rest of the interior, the gear shift, the fact I had no grip). It's a good package and it's a lot more involving than either modern Zed, but I tend to agree that I wouldn't pay that much for one either. Certainly if you want a car that has truly remarkable handling there's nothing else to touch it until you hit Cayman money.

Go and drive it and then decide if it's worth the cash.

I like some of it (the seats, the comical size exhaust, the balance of the chassis) and I don't like other bits (the rest of the interior, the gear shift, the fact I had no grip). It's a good package and it's a lot more involving than either modern Zed, but I tend to agree that I wouldn't pay that much for one either. Certainly if you want a car that has truly remarkable handling there's nothing else to touch it until you hit Cayman money.

Lotus Elise/Europa? Out handle anything mentioned above for half the money of something like a Cayman...then again make sure you wear your waterproofs ;)

Its not that long ago since the Celica the last gen one, ive driven one, my friend has one, not bad car (cheap plastics but hey...nissan lol) Now monetry wise and material wise its shouldnt be that much more expensive. Apparently rear wheel drive is more expensive which is fine,but just how much more. I will bang on about it cos its a good example...Celica when new...same pace more or less...same kinda kit (minus cruise)...£18Kish Whats the other £9K odds.... For that car and that pace and your trying to make a 'budget' sports car...I say no more than £20K.

I have seen a good few reviews from America on it and a lot of them do say - as someone mentioned there - its not that exciting?...

I dunno i wanted ot like this but, im undecided. I'll drive it one day if i get the chance see if its worth the fuss lol

EDIT - People says the 350Z is a budget way into rear wheel drive for novices.... well, theres a new kid for that then it seems. Prob be fun for that, but ....arrrgh... the cost... I'd pick the Subaru if I had to choose...looks better at the front

Edited by AMT

It's pitched as the Celica replacement but it's rear wheel drive, 2 seat compact sports car, built to have great handling but not big power. Sounds more like the first and second gem MR2s rather than a practical coupe like the celica?