Buy this at this cost... You're off your head!

AMT

Thata the problem with alot of the posters here, with the 350 now being sub 10k, 27k is a huge way off alot of peoples budgets. I personally think it`s a reasonably price 2 seater fun driver focused coupe that is likely to do well.

You might be right, I keep forgetting for the money, Nissan were offering a lot of power and a lot of performance. Go to Merc for a 313's pace and it can cost you up to £70K.... (ill never get tired of using this example ;))

but you're comparing apples and pears. which makes it a pointless comparison. if comparing your Nissan to a merc makes you feel better about the car. then i'm happy for you.

He was comparing one element of a Merc i.e. performance which is fair enough

that's like taking into account barry whites voice but ignoring his weight, or the price of findus lasagne but ignoring that its made from horse

No its not, he was comparing one car to another, thats a comparison :shrug:

I can compare Cheryl Cole to Susan Boyle as they are both women, doesn't mean they are the same in every way....

Went to a local toyota dealer to check out the gt86, have to admit i like the car and the idea behind it. Not a fan of the rear though.

Thing that made me laugh was the dealer was more interested in my zed :)

Probably because he was thinking to himself, I wonder how little I could give as a trade in. I quite like the look of the 86, not driven one yet, must rectify that.

is it true that there is a speaker inside to generate exhaust noise ?

No, it just sounds like it. There's a pipe that comes off the induction pipe just before the TB that goes up to the driver side a-pillar, and it sounds stupid. Thankfully aftermarket induction kits get rid of it.

Oooft, wee rift there... its a car and it can be compared to any other, but obviously makes more sense if some part of it is in the same ball park. SL350 similar performance, so IF....IF you so wanted to you could say your gettin better value performance wise cos the thing only cost £30K new, you might have paid £15K but the merc (the NEW SL...) starts around £70K, so its 'nice' to know you don't have to think your cars not in the same league...it is. And who cares about the leather quality and the useless gizmos it has (ive been in a few SL's and the stuff you just don't really need....no wonder its costly) because the Z's a sporty performance car and so is (just..) the SL. When your comparing 'sporty like' cars for the sake of it it doesn't matter what one it is as long as its built roughly around the same principle (coupe/roadster, fast, sleek looking, sporty in some way or other).

Remember you LIKE cars so comparisons like that or when you realise (wow...my cars as quick as...) ...its FUN, amusing, nice to think about. Lets not become too technical about...OOOOH its a merc that has superior suspension or leather or....Active lane keeping assist :dry: ...jeez... Plus ive just looked out of curiousty at Mercs Stats (yes I know there only stats...blah blah)...the SL350....is actually slower than the Zed. ;)

Have...fun... compare...take the micky out of other cars... B)

**And....on a lighter note for the Zed, was sitting at a petrol station today, big fancy Audi, wheels, tints the lot... Small kid in his parents car as they filled up....eyes ALL OVER THE ZED, even why I left you could see those eyes following it out, not with a smile but a kind of amazed look.... reminded me of when I was young. You ever see this (and its not a wee d*ck of a ned lol) you make sure they get a good look and hear your car. They love it, I love it, I hope most people that join a car club like this loved it...and still do! :)**

...Think the kid cared what the quality was like.... I doubt so....

Edited by AMT

if we keep it in simple terms, if cars were lasagne; I've realised i'd rather pay the higher costs and buy the waitrose premium version. than the cheaper findus one. its not that I wouldn't eat a findus lasagne, I've just come to appreciate the quality that comes from paying for premium products.

Oooooh.....now were getting into the nitty gritty :lol: It works both ways though... you could have an SL and go... those 350's are as quick as my car and cost a heap less and still have a fair bit of kit.... you may not like it but its still comparing... lol As I said as a car owner whos into cars.... its fun, whichever way your comparing. So saying you can't compare or its not in the same league for the topic (performance..) is rubbish. The Zed for my choice of topic to compare... is right up there with some of the more expensive stuff.

Saying its not and using other stuff thats not relevant to WHY I'm comparing it has a hint of...snobbery about it :p;)

(PS ive noticed ..to my mind anyway.. Mercs are getting challengingly ugly these days and BMW are coming back with some decent looks...hmm)