Under Strut Bar LED boot lighting

Husky

Just finished sorting some extra lighting in the boot, its under the strut bar and is on the same circuit as the boot light so comes on at the same time.

heres some piccys: :)

Inside:

P1020394.jpg

under the strut bar, installed:

P1020401.jpg

final effect:

P1020409.jpg

P1020410.jpg

P1020411.jpg

they are ever so slightly blue but nothing major and certainly not as much as the camera makes out. The lights are protected against reverse voltage, over voltage and include protection against damaging vehicle cranking voltage waveforms. Basically they should well outlast the cars lifetime.

...on a side note, i got quite stumped getting them to work for a while untill i realised that, for my boot light, nissan has used black for positive and red for negative :bangin::bangin:

any comments welcome :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: the newest version of this system is shown below, there is one for sale, PM me if interested :thumbs:

P1020878.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"i got quite stumped getting them to work for a while untill i realised that, for my boot light, nissan has used black for positive and red for negative :bangin: :bangin:"

had the same problem with a set of headlights once, all other wiring was fine except a set of leds, they had wired them like you said :wacko:

liking the strut bar :thumbs:

What components hae you used for the proection etc. Can see one bit which looks like the voltage regulator

your right, voltage regulator, heat sinked off of the metal plate its attached to (not that it gets hot)

capacitors

diode

:)

i really like it husky, looks really good, but with my torneau cover in place i'd only see them when i take the cover out.

i dont have a tonneau cover so its not really a problem for me, if you had one it would be really easy to just install them further forward...

Very nice work pal... thats an original idea!! really impressed! If you start banging these kits out at a tenner a pop, put me on your list :thumbs:

if anyone was really interested i could make a batch :) PM if interested :thumbs:

:thumbs: Husky..!

Very nice work mate, it looks top notch!

i really like it husky, looks really good, but with my torneau cover in place i'd only see them when i take the cover out.

im guessing you could have the leds drilled in any position under the strut so maybe its just a matter of placing them toward the rear end of the strut so it lights up the cover too (and maybe have 350z embroided/or 350z-uk logo into the cover?)

:thumbs:

your the resident lighting man.

seen some of your stuff before. TOP WORK!!!! B)

i could do this myself if i had a wiring diagram and a list of components i would need to buy?

could you help me out??? :blush:B)

also very interested in converting my LED's in the interior as in you other thread. where do u buy the component for that?

Sparky

Could try getting some wide angle LEDs to try and spread the light a bit more

yeah i thought that, just used what i had to hand at the time, tbh its difficult though, only the tip of the led shows as the plastic is quite thick. i had proper clip in surrounds i left off aswell to try and let them show more. tried countersinking the hole but its a pain. Im happy with how it looks though, not too over the top im not looking for an aftermarket look, more oem and subtle.

your the resident lighting man.

seen some of your stuff before. TOP WORK!!!! B)

i could do this myself if i had a wiring diagram and a list of components i would need to buy?

could you help me out??? :blush:B)

also very interested in converting my LED's in the interior as in you other thread. where do u buy the component for that?

Sparky

components are from all over the place as they are quite specific. the dial faces are from america.

I'll see how much it costs to throw it all together as a kit for you if you like? i ordered alot of it in bulk, only the LED's that i need to re-order and as suggested i'll look into wider angle ones, maybe different colours.

components are from all over the place as they are quite specific. the dial faces are from america.

I'll see how much it costs to throw it all together as a kit for you if you like? i ordered alot of it in bulk, only the LED's that i need to re-order and as suggested i'll look into wider angle ones, maybe different colours.

yeah that would be cool. are the fascia leds hard to fit? is it just a "backlight" for the display?

would like to get the wide angled ones fitted as they look really cool!!

Sparky

yeah that would be cool. are the fascia leds hard to fit? is it just a "backlight" for the display?

would like to get the wide angled ones fitted as they look really cool!!

Sparky

all the information is kicking about on various threads on here that i have discussed it all in. im slowly writing the how too for it all but it takes quite a while. :) have a look around, i'll go get some links now for you.