Under Strut Bar LED boot lighting

Husky

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Its a 501 size bulb, your best bet is to find an LED bulb that has side mounted LED's like THIS the reason is that the bulb is mounted side on so a front mounted LED will look very dull.

:thumbs:

Thanks for the info Husky ... I will order the bulb when I'm on my lunch break ...

BTW: Is there a switch to activate the light that I don't know about or is it controlled purely by the boot lid?

boot lid only mate. i dont think youd fit inside to make it worth being on when its shut :lol:

Too funny.........that's the sort of comment I would normally make! :doh:

Well I took out the bulb and fiddled around with the connector a little and it turns out that it was just a loose connection to the bulb ...

this maybe another stupid question but .... the reflectors in the doors; are they simply reflectors or are they also meant to light up?

Well I took out the bulb and fiddled around with the connector a little and it turns out that it was just a loose connection to the bulb ...

this maybe another stupid question but .... the reflectors in the doors; are they simply reflectors or are they also meant to light up?

simply reflectors mate, dont worry, i'll get round to it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

its quite good as a light for my lounge, can turn everything off and it lights the place up fine :lol: its not a small room either

I have a SECOND one built also, it will be for sale very shortly, as soon as i have this one installed and im happy :thumbs::thumbs:

What Prices are we going to be looking at?

im definitely interested in these!!

i love led lighting :lol:

so far,

number plate lights

interior lights

sidelights

need to sort boot light

you have a PM ;) (in a second when i've written it ;) )

note to mods: chatted to stew about trader stuff :)

• 4 months later...
good to see it fitted mate :D:thumbs:

Biggy: They are wide angle LED's so dont really need sanded to give a good coverage :)

I was just wondering wether or not you made them flush fit or not :)

Would there be no way of drilling them at an angle to give coverage into the boot as well tho? like an extra 2 rows of leds like the picture?

Just making a suggestion like :D

yeah no reason why not :) easily done as all the power supply is already there. depends on how bright you'd want it really.

No they arent recessed as that would have prevented the nice spread of light unless i added some form of fitting which would have added cost. Although much is possible, to keep it to a decent price there are limits :)