Under Strut Bar LED boot lighting

Husky

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, when I saw the title I though I would hate this. However, I think it looks really subtle and cool. Anyone would think you worked for Jaguar, dawg! B)

Edited at the request of Huisky. :)

I have to say, when I saw the title I though I would hate this. However, I think it looks really subtle and cool. Anyone would think you worked for Jaguar, dawg! B)

Isn't that a bit of a slur round here now after Chesterfields experience? :headhurt:

hmm i dont know quite how to take that tbh.

I think it should be taken as the "Good Jaguar Design Ideas and Innovation" rather than "Money Grabbing Don't Give A Cr@p About Customers" Jaguar....

Isn't that a bit of a slur round here now after Chesterfields experience? :headhurt:

hmm i dont know quite how to take that tbh.

I think it should be taken as the "Good Jaguar Design Ideas and Innovation" rather than "Money Grabbing Don't Give A Cr@p About Customers" Jaguar....

Correct! I suppose its the sales end thats letting the side down.

• 4 weeks later...
Husky, any progress on the guide or the production of these ?

hey no worries mate, i have made a couple of Mk2 versions, im in different country this second so cant take any pics etc, ill get one of them put onto my car asap take piccys and then the other one up for grabs, just need to think up a price as they do take quite a while to put together, im a perfectionist, what can i say :blush::lol:

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people.

The new, brighter/whiter, version of this will be on my car as soon as i don't have to crawl through snow to install it. I'll take some pictures to post up. I'll write up some information on what you'll get and offer them up for sale :) If anyone's interested please PM me :thumbs:

Great work on the lighting ...

That's just reminded me that my boot light has stopped working :headhurt:

Hopefully it's just a bulb ...

if it is, replace with an led one :)

Do you know what type of bulb is needed for the boot light?

I was thinking of ordering one now but can't get the existing one out of the car at the moment ...

Great work on the lighting ...

That's just reminded me that my boot light has stopped working :headhurt:

Hopefully it's just a bulb ...

if it is, replace with an led one :)

Do you know what type of bulb is needed for the boot light?

I was thinking of ordering one now but can't get the existing one out of the car at the moment ...

Hey,

Its a 501 size bulb, your best bet is to find an LED bulb that has side mounted LED's like THIS the reason is that the bulb is mounted side on so a front mounted LED will look very dull.

:thumbs:

Hey,

Its a 501 size bulb, your best bet is to find an LED bulb that has side mounted LED's like THIS the reason is that the bulb is mounted side on so a front mounted LED will look very dull.

Thanks for the info Husky ... I will order the bulb when I'm on my lunch break ...

BTW: Is there a switch to activate the light that I don't know about or is it controlled purely by the boot lid?

Hey,

Thanks for the info Husky ... I will order the bulb when I'm on my lunch break ...

BTW: Is there a switch to activate the light that I don't know about or is it controlled purely by the boot lid?

boot lid only mate. i dont think youd fit inside to make it worth being on when its shut :lol: