Under Strut Bar LED boot lighting

Husky

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers fella,

very roughly, how long did it take to change over the whole car? i would be doing this whilst my mrs is working i think. as she'd have the hump if i did it whilst she was there!!!! :lol:;)

Sparky

if you mean the dials its really hard to put a time on it as i did it spread across months as the car is my daily driver and i didnt have much time spare, also i was having to trial and error it at the same time and wait for part deliveries, especially from america (took ages). i wouldnt say its a 2 second job :lol:

Thats looks amazing!!!

Nissan will be following suit!!

Patent? LOL

errr...... have you forgot they have done away with the strut bar on the 370 :lol:

But I like the idea and as the tonneau is on the cabin side it does not affect the light for the main boot area, as rtbiscuit mentioned ;)

Thats looks amazing!!!

Patent? LOL

errr...... have you forgot they have done away with the strut bar on the 370 :lol:

But I like the idea and as the tonneau is on the cabin side it does not affect the light for the main boot area, as rtbiscuit mentioned ;)

cheers colin, not having a tonneau i didnt know if it would interfere :)

Thats looks amazing!!!

Patent? LOL

cheers colin, not having a tonneau i didnt know if it would interfere :)

plus you could easily move them to the front slightly.

If you sand the LEDs lightly with some fine wet and dry, that should disperse the light rather then causing it to be directional shouldnt it ? :)

a good plan, i wonder if that'd work?? they arent spot lit that badly tbh so im not too worried :) ill use slightly different ones next :thumbs:

Just don't go too far with your LED add-on touches Husky.

So far they have been tasteful, but don't tip it over the edge...

oh god no im not ending up with a christmas tree :lol: the idea with these is you dont see the led's and they are only on when you open the boot anyhow. not too bright, not intrusive.

looks really good - i know what BM means about LED's going too far and i've seen some hideous examples on headlights recently - on a Vectra for one........but the boot lighting looks really good as you can't actually see the LED's just the nice light it casts down. :thumbs:

looks really good - i know what BM means about LED's going too far and i've seen some hideous examples on headlights recently - on a Vectra for one........but the boot lighting looks really good as you can't actually see the LED's just the nice light it casts down. :thumbs:

+1 I like what you have done there. :thumbs:

some various coloured led's arrived today. i may have a play and see if i can get more spread. anyone want green yellow red or other :lol:

+1 I like what you have done there. :thumbs:

thanks mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

thats what i'll do then :)

They shouldnt cost much tbh, i'll do some that you can install yourself and some already installed into a strut bar peice for those who dont like to dabble. just give me a chance, i'll order some parts today and get cracking asap :)

im just going to make batches of so many at a time for sale rather than making them on demand

Any colour preferences for the first batch??

R35LEE: move your B**dy a*se with the under strut peices :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: