Road trip in a Lambo thoughts?

Ekona

My friend has very kindly allowed me to be put onto the insurance for his Gallardo Spider, and has offered to let me take the missus away for a weekend somewhere in it. I'm actually struggling with where to go, so any thoughts?

- Needs to be somewhere I can stretch the car's legs.

- Needs to be somewhere I can get to and from easily enough in a weekend from Essex (rules Scotland or Europe out)

- Needs to have roads suitable for a 2M wide Lambo! I really don't want to be kerbing wheels or scuffing bumpers...

Thoughts? I'm thinking Peaks or Lakes, but I've not driven those roads in a long time and it was in a much smaller car so I cared less :lol: Wales I've done extensively and it's great, but it's bloody far away. Not writing it off though.

I think wales will be better than the lakes, if that was close by. However, both the peaks and the lakes are known for having very narrow roads, wouldn't fancy taking a lambo really!

How about the Cotswolds? not too far away, loads of great roads, and plenty of nice villages you can drive through and annoy the locals. from around Stratford down as far as Bath or so, plan your route around the network of B roads.

PS sounds awful, hope you have a terrible time ;)

• Like 1

Dales great, but avoid weekends /bank holidays, loads of coaches. North Yorkshire Moors great roads. If you decide on the Dales, Swinton Park Hotel at Masham is fabulous.

Edited by mbs
  • Like 1

Why rule out going over the water? You can do the ring and back comfortably leaving on a Friday night and get a couple of laps in, Spa would be even closer and we all know you like that track :thumbs:

• Like 2

Why rule out going over the water? You can do the ring and back comfortably leaving on a Friday night and get a couple of laps in, Spa would be even closer and we all know you like that track :thumbs:

I don't think he likes me that much :lol:

NY Dales are good, done them a couple of times but not for a while, looks another promising option :)

• Like 2

My friend has very kindly allowed me to be put onto the insurance for his Gallardo Spider, and has offered to let me take the missus away for a weekend somewhere in it.

Woah!!!!! What a friend! :thumbs: I hope you are returning the favour and letting him borrow your BMW for a weekend!

- Needs to be somewhere I can stretch the car's legs.

- Needs to be somewhere I can get to and from easily enough in a weekend from Essex (rules Scotland or Europe out)

- Needs to have roads suitable for a 2M wide Lambo! I really don't want to be kerbing wheels or scuffing bumpers...

All criteria has been met! SANTAPOD RACEWAY!!

1/4 mile stretch of legs

Fairly easy from Essex

I'd say the width is perfect, and equally only 1 other car on the road (during busy times)

santa-pod-raceway1.jpg

• Like 7

I'd go to Bruges in Belgium, awesome food and hotels. I did my door in Woking to the hotel in Bruges in 4 hrs using the tunnel. From there you can head out into Belgium, France, Holland. Fantastic food and beer in the local area, lots of history, picturesque decent roads around there too. There were a few cars in the same bracket as the Gallardo around the place when I went.

• Like 2

Only 2 meter wide, that must be like driving a classic mini :)

My car is nearly 2.3 meters wide, I take it down some unclassified roads every day at least twice a day, as long as you can judge gaps properly its not an issue!!

33560292342_0cb0468865_c.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Warwickshire, see loads of AM's being tested around Gaydon, then there's the motor museum?, Shakespear country for a bit of culture?

Just as an aside, Wales is got to be closer than the Lake District from Essex?

If you're still needing a 'gearbox' clearout, taking a Lambo on a cross channel ferry should sort you out :lol:

Born and bred in the Lakes, I'd say don't take it there, the good roads are narrow, potted and uneven (you will ground it at speed), the open roads are full of traffic, you'll spend the days in 2nd trying to get round tractors, lorries and the occasional caravan. Bring an MX5 to the Lakes, not a Lambo IMO

• Like 1