Your motoring past and future...

gangzoom

Whilst doing some tidying up today I came across a car magazine from 2007, the most notable feature was several prominent articles on the rise of diesel power summed up in this advert by Audi and Shell.

31865242405_c14aeeba5b_z_d.jpg

At the time I had just bought a 350Z, not in a million years could I have thought a decade later diesel is now on the way out and I would be waiting delivery on an electric car made by company that was barely in existence back than!!

8181627592_35a51546b2_z_d.jpg

I'm not even going to pretend I can second guess what I'll be driving in 2027, but I can safely say I reckon the A4 is going to look still pretty much the same, after all in the last decade not that much has changed :).

2017-Audi-A46.jpg?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

So happy holidays all, what were you driving in 2007 and what do you think your be driving a decade from now??

2007 ~ Well I think I was driving a 1998 Ford Mondeo ST24 back then. Can't remember exactly without looking at my old car documents but I'm pretty sure it was that. :)

A decade from now I'd like to think I'll be driving something fast and sporty still but you never know, ...couldn't possibly hazard a guess really. :shrug:

A decade from now I'd like to think I'll be driving something fast and sporty still but you never know, ...couldn't possibly hazard a guess really. :shrug:

My thinking was that in 2027, the cars from 2017-2020 will have depreciated to an affordable amount, so that's what I'd be driving in a decade. So just pick your favourite new / upcoming car while taking into account how much it will cost in 10 years (a £2m+ Koenigsegg is still gonna me £2m+, but a £70k Audi is probably gonna be ~£10k).

• Like 1

2007 I was driving a 2004 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI.

Wouldn't even like to even start to imagine what I will be driving in 2027 I tend to have fads on particular makes my first 20-25yrs of driving have all been Fords no tell a lie there was a Rover 820 in there somewhere,currently in the Nissan phase I've gone from a 1.0 Micra to a Zed so who knows.

My thinking was that in 2027, the cars from 2017-2020 will have depreciated to an affordable amount, so that's what I'd be driving in a decade. So just pick your favourite new / upcoming car while taking into account how much it will cost in 10 years (a £2m+ Koenigsegg is still gonna me £2m+, but a £70k Audi is probably gonna be ~£10k).

Oh I get that but so many things going on in my life & future variables that I can't predict. Maybe I'll have a shed load of kids by then & need a mini van, who knows?!

I'd love an Audi R8, Nissan R35, Porsche 911 Turbo and lot's of other performance cars but who knows as my tastes may have changed a decade from now. ;)

Oh I get that but so many things going on in my life & future variables that I can't predict. Maybe I'll have a shed load of kids by then & need a mini van, who knows?!

I'd love an Audi R8, Nissan R35, Porsche 911 Turbo and lot's of other performance cars but who knows as my tastes may have changed a decade from now. ;)

You're preaching to the choir... I get asked those silly "where do you see yourself in 5 years from now" questions all the time, but apparently "I have no idea" is not a good enough answer. Can't harm to think of a potential option - It doesn't have to come true.

So, an R63 AMG if you're lucky and an R35 if you're not? ;)

Didn't realise you could an R8 for £40k now. Hate to think what the upkeep is though... Probably the same as the purchase prce... :lol:

Buying something that costs stupid amounts now in 10 years time seem like a great idea. I thought I was doing 'OK' with not changing cars too often but by the time the next is delivered in a few weeks I would have gone through 4 changes in 10 years, so on average a different car every 2.5 years :).

Need to kick that habit now am a dad and some proper responsibilities in life!!

Edited by gangzoom

2007:

Was riding a 2003 BMW F650 CS

I had in the garage at parents house a 1976 LX 2 door Holden Torana(not running due to taking on a kerb and losing) :)

At that time I had fully rebuilt, disassembled/reassembled to tidy up everything and then modernised it as much as it needs to be where I put in an electronic distributor and seats from a Supra.

2017:

I'll still have the Torana - have it roadworthy and maybe add a blower to 350 chev.

maybe still have my current model fairly modified 2013 zx6r. (no intention to sell)

maybe still have the 370z (no intention to sell)

New addition! Tesla model S P???D.

Buying something that costs stupid amounts now in 10 years time seem like a great idea. I thought I was doing 'OK' with not changing cars too often but by the time the next is delivered in a few weeks I would have gone through 4 changes in 10 years, so on average a different car every 2.5 years :).

Need to kick that habit now am a dad and some proper responsibilities in life!!

Iv changed my ride 4 times in just over 2years lol mg zr 160 to Ep3 type r to s2000 to 350z.

So who knows what I'll be driving in June 2017 never mind 2027 :wacko: at the rate I'm going I'll have been through 20 cars by 2027 lol :teeth: