I blew her up but she's coming back from the dead as a SUPER Z

Bought my Z about a year ago. 05 plate GT4 in kuro black. She was sooo sweet. I am definitely what they call a spirited driver and one day after about 7 months i was giving her a good thrashing when something went very wrong. Took her to get checked out and it was terminal. I had blown the bottom end and the choices were one of 3 - new engine, engine rebuild or new car. Of course I thought f**k it and chucked another 5 grand into her for the full rebuild (and some other bits and pieces). As of Monday she will be back. Fully forged bottom end. Manly forged rods and oversized pistons in along with a lot of other uprated parts. Thought I may as well get rid of the Dual mass at the same time as I don't think it had long left so twin plate ceramic clutch going on with some decat pipes for a bit more volume. Final key parts left to do wil be a nice exhaust system and a link G4+ ECU. This will unlock the rest of my new Z's phenominal cosmic powwwwerrrrrr!!! It's had some big hold ups over the course of the build but she is going to be one mean machine and definitely worth the wait!

Then maybe a do-luck style body kit and some 20s :)............NOS?

Pics will be posted up soon.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Sounds interesting, but for the love of god do not put 20's on a car with that potential :(

Hi guys.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Well I have her back on the road and she is pulling like a freight train! It's unfortunately still on the stock ecu so haven't really experienced the full potential yet but loads more torque than before and sounds beautiful. Stuck a plenum spacer on there after reading a lot on here about them but again need the remap really to see the potential of that with the new setup.

I definitely agree with the no 20's statement now Grundy. May go 19's but looking at doing wheels last. Still got plenty more to do on the engine to get the performance up where I want it...

So no dyno figures yet I'm afraid. Still a work in progress but I will get them up when I have them to show. ARK exhaust going on next, followed by stage 2 cams, link g4+ stand alone ecu and probably some berk headers. Get some flames firing out the back and then onto the rollers!

@Octet hoping to get +400bhp with about the same torque figures.

Got a few pics fro the build anyway which I will try and post up now.

I'd like to credit LP Performance for a great build. There was some hellish long delays but it was definitely worth the wait. BIG potential!

• 3 weeks later...