I blew her up but she's coming back from the dead as a SUPER Z

Unfortunately I have a misfiring piston after the build so have decided to upgrade my coil packs for when I change the ecu. Went for some yellow jackets as I had read good things about them compared to the Splitfires and the come in at half the price. They are arriving Tuesday so looking forward to getting them on,

ARK true dual going on in a couple of weeks. Might just do a DIY bumper tuck for now to show it off.

Going for the stage 2 cams as I am using it on the road as well and I think stage 3 isn't going to be so great for traffic.

Next it will be the link g4+ stand alone ecu (get some flames firing out the back). At about £1500 I'm going to have to get saving! Then some nice headers and it's onto the rollers to see what she is kicking out. Obviously all this work isn't cheap so it's going to take me a bit more time (the wife is moaning for a new car too :scare: ) but will post more pics up as I go.

All I do know so far is when I got the car back from the build and I had done the run in mileage (1500 in 5 days and 3 oil changes), I took her out and I planted my foot. It made me shout "f****ng hell!" out loud on my own and I had one huge ass smile on my face! My 350z was a lot quicker than most when I had it before but now... DAMN... Super 350!

• Like 1

Oh and I'm looking into an MREV 2 manifold as i will need to derestrict the air flow being the rev up engine.

One in stock if you need it, can ship tomorrow for next day delivery.

http://www.torqen.uk...d-md-mrev2.html

Use voucher code: XMAS for 5% discount.

If you also need a plenum spacer, we also have those in stock:

http://www.torqen.uk/350z/engine/plenum-spacers/264-350z-de-motordyne-engineering-516-basic-plenum-spacer-md-ps-b.html

http://www.torqen.uk/350z/engine/plenum-spacers/265--350z-de-motordyne-engineering-516-iso-thermal-plenum-spacer-md-ps-iso.html

Edited by octet@TORQEN
  • Like 1

Those wheels look identical!

Octet I see you do the ARK exhaust as well. £100 more expensive than tarmac though. Can you do any better?

Also possibly a stupid question but what date does the 5% xmas deal finish? Getting my final exhaust funds together for xmas so will be purchasing the exhaust straight after you see.

Good on ya to bring her back. However it's these sort of stories that worry me and make me think I should take out a 3rd party warranty, would your rebuild have been covered under a warranty if u had one? Anyone recomend a good warranty company?

Good on ya to bring her back. However it's these sort of stories that worry me and make me think I should take out a 3rd party warranty, would your rebuild have been covered under a warranty if u had one? Anyone recomend a good warranty company?

Parts have got warranty but that's about it. I guess with these kinds of things you've just got to find someone that you trust to do a good job and if anything goes wrong that shouldn't you would hope they'd want to sort it out for you free of charge. But the answer to your question is no, I don't think any warranty would let you strip the whole engine apart and rebuild it. As for a good 3rd party warranty, I wouldn't really know mate sorry.

• 1 month later...

Big couple of weeks for the GT4! By the end of next week I will have added an H-Dev plenum spacer, Mrev2 manifold, some hr equal length headers (thanks to Zman Bennett for the help with them) and my beautiful ARK exhaust which finally got to come out of the box today and MY GOD it is the sexiest exhaust I have ever seen in my life! Uprev is booked for th 18th Feb at Horsham so I'm really excited to finally get some dyno figures for her! Pics will be coming very soon guys sorry for the long ass delay! She is going to be a beast!.. Excited isn't the word! :D

• Like 1

Hey Rich, I was wondering what your forum handle was. I'm not Zman that Alex's title. Glad to have helped troubleshoot and redirect the focus of you project.

400bhp will be optimistic on the OEM wet sump engine and std cams. You will however get a very responsive setup and expect around 300- 330whp.

Good luck with everything this time.

I would only consider Nos as the occasional power boost but only with an aftermarket ECU that can run it properly.

Edited by GT4 Zed

Hey Rich, I was wondering what your forum handle was. I'm not Zman that Alex's title. Glad to have helped troubleshoot and redirect the focus of you project.

400bhp will be optimistic on the OEM wet sump engine and std cams. You will however get a very responsive setup and expect around 300- 330whp.

Good luck with everything this time.

I would only consider Nos as the occasional power boost but only with an aftermarket ECU that can run it properly.

Hi Bennett yeah slight mix up with the name.

Yeah I was possibly overly optimistic in my first few posts! I'm still hoping for some good figures but no doubt you're probably right with your knowledge!

@ Bennett Also decided against the nos. Bit of a fantasy I guess lol. Aftermarket ECU too pricey for my tastes at the mo. May look at the supercharge route in a year or so. You said before you think cams would just shift the power rather than adding? Do you think they would be worth it. Found some stage 2s for around £750.

@ Rob not entirely sure tbh! Engine was around 100k and was using a lot of oil. I mean a lot! Then just blew the bottom end when giving it a bit of welly one afternoon!

Of course a good cam will increase power accross the Rev range but it's not going to be like 100whp hike. A very aggressive cam profile may will give you more peak power but it will be a trade off against good road manners and shifting the power band to towards the top end like a race car.

Remember a race does not need to have good road manners unlike a road/DD car.

The science of cams is complex as many other factor come into play and a selection should be meticulously to address the other aspect of your engine build or use. Eg intake mods, porting, valves/valvetrain and exhaust mods.

The big wigs at Nismo for example spend millions to answer the questions for you so if I was going with cams I'd be using their stage 2 or 3 cams or that of a similar company that do R&D eg Cosworth. If money was no onject then get a custom grind to match your engine exactly.

Long and short is that to make big NA power is not easy and every thing needs addressing/optimising.

Eg stroking, dry sump lubrication, ecu control, intake, heads, bottom end, exhaust etc.

That's why FI is preferred. You are basically increasing the intake charge along with furling to make more power on the same engine but your limitations are the engine internals strength and how effiectively you can control how the power is made.

If you can get go cams then why not. If later you want to go FI the high compression you got will almost mean that supercharged would be your only route.

I still think 330whp NA will be exciting. That's 80whp hike from stock. You get 270-290 from bolt ons and uprev.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Urghh unfortunately another delay. Long story... Short version is lifters had to be ground so the engine had to come apart. Uprev had to be postponed :( On the bright side, should be up and running by the end of next week so I can finally get it mapped! I'll post the dynos up when I get them as promised.