TopGear

Jetpilot

Why do people get so bent out of shape about this program? It's the same every year, someone posts about it and everyone moans! Dont watch it if you dont like it!!

i think some people just have to moan about stuff its the same with the fnf films loads sit and say there all fake and unrealistic, yet they will enjoy star wars or james bond etc and claims its incredible

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 3

I now watch it for the places they go to, drive through and experience. I can find out about the cars for myself. However, seeing different parts of the country / world has made me think "Vietnam looks amazing.....wonder if we can get there...". It's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less :)

Wasn't the worst episode iv seen. Quite liked the lambo review. I know what they mean about it not being a radical design but I quite like it

I know nothing about bikes but didn't think you could get one under a kilo

Wasn't the worst episode iv seen. Quite liked the lambo review. I know what they mean about it not being a radical design but I quite like it

For £9k I would expect it to bloody float!

For £9K I'd want it to have a bl**dy engine. :surrender::lol:;)

• Like 2

For £9K I'd want it to have a bl**dy engine. :surrender::lol:;)

Wouldn't mind this engine with it ;)

1701945849.jpg

• Like 2

That might have helped Hammond on the tram tracks, oh how i laughed :lol:

The Huracan review might've been decent if they'd spent less money on flashy cut always and fancy editing, and more time talking about the actual car.

How does it feel, how just it handle, steering, suspension, power, talking about any of these would've been a start!

i can read all that in a magazine

and to joe public they really couldnt give a toss about the finer details a film quality slidey smoke action scene is what will keep them switched on

top gear is for the masses its not an enthusiasts show

and to honest listening to tiff or plato on fifth gear talking that stuff is about as entertaining as watching a brick wall

This. I really like Top Gear it's entertainment that just happens to also have cars in it. Look at how 5th Gear has done recently... demoted to Discovery Turbo because no one gives a toss unless a programme is some kind of reality / celebrity wannabe shite or period drama. If you want proper car reviews then it's off to YouTube we go.

Edited by Paddy78
  • Like 1

If it was entertaining then I could forgive it not actually telling us anything about the cars, but it's not. SMD is spot-on, the cinematography is second to none, but the scripting and presenting is dire.

I haven't watched it for years as I went right off it, however I thought I'd give it a punt last night. What I saw reinforced my reasons for not watching it in the first place. Is that not fair enough?

Some videos on YT et al manage to be funny, entertaining, artistic AND tell you something about the cars. Why can't TG do it?

Anyways, I'll leave this thread now, as clearly TG is not aimed at folks like me.

Top Gear,

Sunday evening light hearted, funny rubbish, and has been for years that's why we (some) love it!!

And the apology last night - brilliant!!

It's the last bit of fun of the weekend, can spend all week getting wound up - over nothing................

• Like 1

Top Gear = Entertainment program.

Fifth Gear = Car review show.

Watch whichever tickles your fancy, but don't watch one expecting it to be the other.

Of course everyone won't like either one of them, but not everyone liked Breaking Bad and it's commonly referred to as being one of the greatest TV series of all time.

• Like 1

I didn't even bother watching it. I get tired of the "race through a city" episodes as I really couldn't give a monkey's left bollock if somebody won on a Segway with a BGW. If it's not that, they are abroad crossing yet another country. They might as well just call TopGear "wish you were bloody here" booooo :thumbdown: I want an informative show, about all types of cars, not just ones that cost more than £100.000 or " is it possible to change a van into a hovercraft? " yes, i'm sure it bloody well is but let's not make an hour length show on it as again I couldn't give a monkey's left OR right bollock. Pretty soon it'll be three old timers doing something even more absurd like going down the side of a mountain in a bath..... oh wait, that's last of the poxy summer wine.

Edited by Rock_Steady

that's a good point, when is the next season of top gear US starting? the last season was really good. they've done away with star in a reasonably priced car and putting cars round a lap, nowadays every episode is a big roadtrip, with the winner usually rewarded by driving a new supercar.

anyways, I thought new top gear was good - keep it simple, decent race across a city, well shot, then a good review of the new Huracan (by top gear standards)

Although I do wish that the people who don't like top gear WOULD STOP BLOODY WATCHING IT THEN! I don't like the x factor, or pretty much any thing on ITV - but some time ago I learnt to just stop watching it, rather than continuing to watch it, and then complaining that emmerdale is nothing like real life.

• Like 1

Tbh I enjoy it.

I enjoy the lighthearted humour now that they include to keep the masses tuning in.

If it was about seriously reviewing a car, it'd in the depths of a discovery channel at 3 in the morning.

I would love it though if they done more cheap car challenges and back to basic guy humour of just having a laugh with your mates rather than some of the obvious scripted humour.

Not slating it though cause I love it.

to be honest i would rather watch top gear USA over the Uk one now as the presenters are more my generation

:scare::headhurt::ban::protest::banned:

The feelings I just went through lol

its true

would i rather a

professional driver from rallyX and drifting,

a Motor sport commentator with links to the illest brand and is very passionate about custom/modified cars be it hotrods or vws

and a comedian

Build cars out of stuff like mx5 golfs and 200sx/300zx

over

3 old car jurnos

building cars out of triumph heralds volvo 940 and old alfas

Yea i would

Edited by StevoD