TopGear

Jetpilot

I think you misunderstand me: I don't want a deadly serious car review programme. I want how TG used to be 10 years ago, when the balance was spot-on. DRIVE manages to get a great balance still, and is arguably the spiritual successor to TG of that era.

No doubting the popularity of TG has increased since they ditched the more sensible stuff, I just think that as car people we should consider that a shame rather than a celebration.

I think you misunderstand me: I don't want a deadly serious car review programme. I want how TG used to be 10 years ago, when the balance was spot-on. DRIVE manages to get a great balance still, and is arguably the spiritual successor to TG of that era.

No doubting the popularity of TG has increased since they ditched the more sensible stuff, I just think that as car people we should consider that a shame rather than a celebration.

if you mean chris harris by drive, your right on the car review part but entertainment value of a dead fish

Edited by StevoD

People were still being wrong :p

Chris Harris is far more entertaining than Hammond or May when they're doing TG. When they're doing other stuff, that's a bit different.

your easily amused i assume, he has the most monotone flat line voice going

Edited by StevoD

:lol: I was just thinking that!

but then again I'm the same, been watching fast n loud constantly, and have watched every episode of roadkill. if you get over the American-ness of American TV, its actually pretty good!

Roadkill is awesome though one of the best webshows ive found yet

StevoD is our Hammond of the forum.

Ekona, things change and they always will, one day your wife might say, I want my Ekona from 20 years ago, when he was more handsome and athletic, not the moany old gimp he is today :lol: :lol: :lol:

how did i know as soon as i mention me and american you would pop up

Ekona, things change and they always will, one day your wife might say, I want my Ekona from 20 years ago, when he was more handsome and athletic, not the moany old gimp he is today :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Stevo gets to be Hammond, then bagsy I get to be May! :D

And no fear on the wifey front, I'm trading her in for a younger model first :p

Fear or no fear, it's just the fact that all things change, sometime for the better, sometimes for the worse, which also is an opinion that everybody is going to be divided over, which in turn creates discussion, which keeps places like forums alive.

we need a Clarkson